1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Just say whatever it is (unless it's role-spec related).

---------- Post automerged at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Ok, away for a couple hours, hate phone-posting.

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Wei votes for "just say it". Noted... I'm going to wait for something approaching active-maj, though.

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

It's actually that big.

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Anyway, this bear is calming down. Votals incoming for real.

---------- Post automerged at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

I'm really glad the day got extended. This is like....... ok wait I said I was calming down. I'm not going to talk about this anymore unless I get sleep.

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I mean if it's important and not -EV for some reason then yeah say it? I'm not sure why you wouldn't in that case.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    It has a pretty equal chance of being -EV but also oh my god,

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Completely different subject!

OP says that the dead only get GD knowledge and not UT knowledge. Is that true?

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmm, well...why is it -EV? Is it something you think scum would like to know but probably haven't noticed? Does saying it make people behave in ways that make them harder to read? Something else?

I guess ultimately it's up to you to weigh the disadvantages against the benefit of townies who don't know/realize now knowing/realizing.

(also that sounds like a typo tbh)

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Anyway, some votals for real and then stats time. These will also.... be useful.

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

You sure know how to hype some random thing Beru. I want to know what this big thing is now, regardless of what kind of EV it is.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    "hey so I figured out who all the holies are"

9. Jarizok

I don't think Beru would be dumb enough to throw that out there though...

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Votal 24 hours into Day 2:

kaiDASH (1): rubicon (#1708)
    dichotomousCreator (2): citrus (#1705), jarizok (#1758)
    mallorean_thug (2): weiyaoli (#1790), miner (#1824)
    citrus (3): dichotomousCreator (#1668), his fluffiness (#1692), kaiDASH (#1733)
    fable (4): vaimes (#1663), silvercrys (#1797), mallorean_thug (#1806), fable (#1819)

Abstaining (3): beruru, newcomb, owner

Votal 48 hours into Day 2:

kaiDASH (1): rubicon (#1708)
    weiyaoli (1): beruru (#1867)
    vaimes (1): owner (#1872)
    dichotomousCreator (2): citrus (#1705), jarizok (#1758)
    mallorean_thug (2): weiyaoli (#1790), miner (#1824)
    citrus (3): dichotomousCreator (#1668), his fluffiness (#1692), kaiDASH (#1733)
    fable (4): vaimes (#1663), silvercrys (#1797), mallorean_thug (#1806), fable (#1819)

Abstaining (1): newcomb

Votal 72 hours into Day 2:

jarizok (1): mallorean_thug (#1996)
    fable (2): silvercrys (#1797), fable (#1819)
    mallorean_thug (2): miner (#1824), beruru (#2013)
    vaimes (2): owner (#1872), jarizok (#1989)
    citrus (3): dichotomousCreator (#1668), his fluffiness (#1692), kaiDASH (#1959)
    kaiDASH (3): rubicon (#1708), citrus (#1952), vaimes (#2009)

Abstaining (2): newcomb, weiyaoli (#1980)

-

Hm.

Statistics time next post.

---------- Post automerged at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

LMAO no, I'm not that stupid. I already gave, like, 50 mints about it.

---------- Post automerged at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Also, here's another fun mint:

Scum have definitely noticed the thing that I noticed.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    But you...don't want them to know you know? Oh god this isn't going to turn into one of those "I know you know I know" things is it :v

12. Jarizok

If you know scum already know (how /do/ you know that btw?) then there's no harm in outing it. Unless you meant Elders already know and it's something that would be bad specifically for Littles to know?

Otherwise, the only ones gaining anything are townies.

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Yo, I heard you like stats. So I brought more stats. Enjoy.

List of living players organized by number of unique votes received (votes only count once) (descending):

Silver - 0
    Rubi - 1 (Kai)
    Newcomb - 1 (Jari)
    Wei - 3 (Beru, Citrus, Tom)
    Fluff - 3 (dC, Jari, Tom)
    Miner - 3 (dC, Fluff, Owner)
    Owner - 3 (dC, Fable, Tom)
    Jari - 3 (Mal, Beru, Newcomb)
    Kai - 6 (Beru, Citrus, dC, Jari, Rubi, Vaimes)
    Vaimes - 6 (Citrus, Fable, Jari, Miner, Owner, Rubi)
    dC - 8 (Mal, Citrus, Dya, Fluff, Jari, Owner, Rubi, Tom)
    Mal - 9 (Beru, Newcomb, Fable, Jari, Silver, Kai, Miner, Tom, Wei)
    Beru - 10 (Mal, Citrus, Dya, Fable, Fluff, Miner, Rubi, Tom, Vaimes, Wei)
    Citrus - 11 (Mal, Beru, dC, Dya, Fable, Fluff, Jari, Kai, Rubi, Vaimes, Wei)
    Fable - 12 (Mal, Beru, Citrus, dC, Dya, ... Fable, Silver, Kai, Owner, Rubi, Tom, Vaimes)

This is basically a list of the thread's consciousness... It's interesting to see what happens when we smush all our readslists together. (In theory.)

Additionally:

Dya - 3 (Citrus, Jari, Tom) (I just wanted you to see this one. It's... interesting.)

Also,

The only people who haven't voted for Fable are Newcomb, Fluff, Jari, and Miner.

The only people who haven't voted for Citrus are Newcomb, Silver, Miner, Owner, and Tom.

Rubi has always been townclear by votes - the only person to ever vote for him was Kai in #63 and I don't remember if it was even a "serious" vote. The GD thing actually kind of sucks, because now he's going to die. Rip.

Silver is either a witch because nobody wanted to lynch that specific afk and focused on literally all the other ones, or the most town person in this thread, somehow.

---------- Post automerged at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

I'm going to bed.

People waking up..... weigh in on the Beruknowledge. I'll decide when I wake up.

14. Jarizok

The list is interesting and all, but it's also wrong.

I'm like ~217% certain I voted you at some point.

15. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

If we assume Citrus is an Elder with Tom then there's exactly 1 person who could have been bussing, and 2 LWs that don't know anything. Fable could be it here? That's my initial thought but Citrus / Tom / Fable doesn't seem right.

If it's Citrus LW and Tom Elder, then Tom has 2 people who could have bussed him, Citrus has one person and also the 3 Elders who kind of know what's going on. But his LW friend doesn't actually want to bus here, because that makes it hard for the Elders to pick correctly later.

The lack of cross votes makes it hard to see the 'early distancing' theory holding any water, LW is possible? And town nailing it always has potential.

The most suspect people on either of those wagons (discounting yourself/acio) is Fable, Owner, Wei, Vaimes, in roughly that order. At first blush that's half-ish, but outside of Fable they're not really too offensive - so town nailing is probably right. Not that LW world isn't necessarily, they can be true at the same time.

beru is more relevant as a tom counterwagon-ish clear if you want to go that path.

Was anyone was acting SUPER WEIRD around Acio? What does it make you think?

re: Beru stuffs; you don't need to be coached on valuation so I'll say I'd like to hear it if you think it's a good idea.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

I just sat through the most awkward dinner of my existence and my head hurts.

I'm gonna go grab a drink and then try to figure out if mal is still the correct lynch. Or pass out.

Fun fact: You guys might have a point wrt Jari. So I guess I don't feel /as/ bad about wry anymore?

Hi Newcomb. Where are you at right now?

17. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Where I'm at is that holistically I think town is probably not in a great spot given how little people seem to be focusing on behavior/reads over mechanics/votes over the last however many hours I've been playing.

I slightly like Kai and Fable, Kai for reasons I already said, Fable for the kind of... sheepishness of the way he talked about self-voting. Fable's a good wolf because he leverages AtE better than anyone I've ever seen so it's something I may actually have to go back and read, though if at all possible I'd like to avoid that.

I dislike Mal for reasons I've already gone into, though I'm kind of wavering on that based on his response. It's... six of one, half a dozen of the other, really. I have an easier time buying his mindset as town here given the fact that he replaced.

I'm cooling on bears; the votal stuff she's doing looks like busywork. I don't really see a mindset behind it where she's actually making use of it, thinking about it, mulling it over, etc. Which is something I'd kind of expect if it's the focus of your game. The conclusion's she's drawing look like some combination of hedge-y and half-baked.

Someone's going to need to link me to a blindingly town Rubicon post because I'm not seeing at all how he's nearly confirmed town here.

That's about it as far as anything approaching a read goes; people need to post more. Or post more meaningful / alignment indicative things.

18. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Vaimes:

His start seems pretty usual Vaimes. I'm somewhat uncertain how miner got a ~100% scum read from the first 10 pages or so though.

The "smugness" and "aggressive" tone though I'm not too sure what to make of. The game I was referring to D1 was Stardew Valley, where he was masons with Delphine and I think I remember him getting early pressure and having to claim.

In terms of that game vs this game. He was more active that game, though V/LA this game throws a wrench into that comparison. Tone wise, the disparity is obvious - I don't remember from my quick re-skim of SDV that he was ever as 'aggressive' in his play.

However, I think he's probably right that "smugness" is likely a town tell for him. It's pretty similar to here, where he's really snarky and mentioning how he'll never get lynched.

In terms of possibly modelling his scum game this time on that game, it's possible I guess? But eventually in that game he stopped the attitude in his posts, so I kinda feel it doesn't matter as much yet to focus a ton on this tone thing.

RE:his position on tom. It doesn't feel like a bus. I don't think EW!Vaimes goes after tom of all people, especially when in this game he can prod the LW/Agent pool to see how people react.

He could be a LW I guess? I think LW probably trying to spot Agents and pushing them is a thing. Him thinking tom is an Agent in that world is possible, and fits with the Citrus push too.

Don't think Citrus,tom are (knowingly) aligned with Vaimes.

His read wall today is ok I guess? It's like kai's, nothing in particular stands out. A lot of in between reads that don't seem that strong so not really going to comment on those. Also disagree with who is on the bottom of the wall (except for Acio/Mal).

I guess if I had to pick one read to ponder over - Citrus who he felt strongly about yesterday is now in the very middle. His one witch in kai/Fable/Citrus thing is possible? I don't really understand his Fable read to be honest.

So in conclusion, happy that he's (probably) not an EW. LW is maybe still, but think I'm happy to wait and see further on that front.

So, for now:
    Vote: Mallorean_Thug

Gonna go skim over fluff and Silver.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Wei can maybe be town for that? Felt like I could feel him thinking through Vaimes.

Wei
    Fable
    Kai

Everyone else

Mal
    Bears

20. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Not sure it's "blindingly town" post, but I really liked this one from Rubicon.

Especially the thought about dC, I really found myself agreeing with what he's saying.

Otherwise, his opening few are also pretty good I think, and he's kept up that level mostly and still managed to be pretty active in the game. It's a consistency thing too.