1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Not as bad as it seems since you know none of the scum know the Agent roles.

Still terrible though, yes

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Day is usually four days on DLP, at least for d1. That's where the confusion comes from. Also keep in mind that dayend for me is 10 AM. If it was the regular 4 days it'd be at 6 am and I can't get up. So I was surprised that d1 was still ongoing.

If you're not voting mal, please explain why and case the person you are voting (or link it)

TIA.

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I then gave fluff the cred, so DC still witch.

---------- Post automerged at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Huh, not quite as effective a case without the quotes.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Vote: Jarizok

I'm going to bed. Night. o/

---------- Post automerged at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

It's probably better for you to answer something like "Why are you not knowingly coaligned with Fable"?

Also, you not taking the townfirm is super interesting. You decide to refute it entirely instead of entertaining a world where you're confirmed. A guilty mindset...

Ok, now I'm going to bed. o///

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

This is pretty much where I ended up with the Fable Zealot claim.

Went from 'That seems like a more-likely town thing to do' to 'this is either town or LW signalling/helping Coven' as I thought over it.

Beru finding another signal combined with my feels of 'bleh' about how today has progressed makes me confident we're right here.

lynch fable

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Oh some people are going with the "I eat crayons like it's my job" option. Well let me ask this then, if you lynch me and if the undertaker is a villager they will reveal that I was a villager. Where do you go from there? Oh and don't say mal cuz everybody wants to do that anyway.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Weekdays are also awful for me - I worked 13 hours yesterday, and most of the time I'd get in trouble if caught using my phone

---------- Post automerged at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Whatever game was with miner and Jarizok as scum, as it was half a year ago so I don't remember the name though

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Miner's probably clear, go back to offing Citrus? I have other shit to look into but I want to see how it develops without me calling it out first.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Oh and out of curiosity how would be as LW be different from me being a wolf normally?

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    No nightkill, and your whole "figure out who I can take to endgame and who to bus" thing doesn't really work because you don't know who most of your allies are.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I think I'm at Vaimes as LW > town >> EW
    Fable why did you claim zealot yesterDay? Why haven't you explained to the thread unprompted whyzconsiderong how many players have developed a read (usually a townread) toDay for you partially based on it?

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    True.

Which is why I'd probably just kill them all and win in f3/f4 again.

---------- Post automerged at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

I said why, I was frustrated and it doesn't take much to get me to claim when that happens. Hate to be disappointing but it was for any reason that could be perceived as good or strategical. I'm also pretty sure I said this before if you go back and look but that was also prompted. I don't really see a point in talking about it, I claimed cuz I was angry and that's about all there is to it no higher reasoning or secret motive so what good does talking about it do?

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

1. Don't really agree with your assessment here, you came in explaining the situation and why you were doing that. IF you just opened with 'hi, not reading anything that existed before I did, vote jarizok' that's different, but with the explain I think people will be pretty easy on you at least regarding that.

2. I was expecting flippant oneliner like what you said soon after you replaced in. What do?

3. I could have done better on explaining it, yeah. My overall point was basically 'this seems to be a gamestate that nobody is trying to upset/change, so probably the witches are happy: If the witches are happy then that makes Citrus and Mal likely town; so we should lynch elsewhere today'. That's closer to the sentence I should have said to start with.

That's an easy thing to walk off, like "wow guys I'm sure glad Fable improved so we don't have to lynch him anymore".

There are a few problems with this that we need to go over:

1. When did Acio and Fable/Miner handshake? Your account only makes sense if both sides are 'in the know' but have different ideas on how to play it.

2. Is there anyone specific that eased up after the claim? If I'm reading you correctly you're suggesting exactly a Tom / Jarizok / Mal(acio) Elders + Miner / Fable Littles witch team, so that's who I'll look at first. Otherwise you're wrong somewhere on the Elders or it's a case of town gonna town.

I'll post soon with my thoughts on this and you should too. Open invite to anyone else also.

I think Agent getting Conspirator is a high roll: You don't have to worry at all about the Witches knowing your roles.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    So...what, legitimately scumhunt the Elders?

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    *shrug*

I don't see why not, if they're good they'd make it to halftime anyway. By that time I'd have good cover and I know I wouldn't need to worry about them either.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean my concern is more that your argument boils down to "I'm doing a shit job at scumhunting so I'm not scum" :v

---------- Post automerged at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

(Like, even assuming that IS your LW play all that says is your current playstyle doesn't map to EITHER alignment so you're just on tilt no matter which alignment you are)

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Uh, isn't it easy to either prove your specific world Beru that you seem to be proposing or disprove it? Not necessarily +ev to do so, but yeah.

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't think I'm doing a shit job? I had tom low on my reads pretty early and I'm very confidant about how mal will flip, my problem is more that my posts suck rather than my reads.

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

This is Vaimes' 12th post. He's already locked in 2 towns himself. He's also claimed witch by this time. Can we lynch please?

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    In this case though you're saying your LW play would be to scumhunt Elders...

...and that you're currently scumhunting Elders. Like, can you see how what you're saying about your play isn't actually an argument that you're not LW here?