1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ok it wasn't avatar, no idea which game it was

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Depends on if one of them is actually a wolf as well as if the rest of the game let's them indulge in it. Sometimes both players get told to STFU cuz neither are getting lynched.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

She fake claimed cop in Narutomafia.

Everyone thought I was trolling when I posted the endgame post that announced she was town.

4. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Um, ok I guess. Not a lot has changed from this:

owner is lower than what I made out in that post (barely below null) because of the baffling decision to start a catch-up thing from the beginning and then not really do much with that. Also that holy thing someone brought up.

Beru, I'm starting to think I can't read her. Will browse past games and try again tomorrow.

Lots of people in "lean-town" pile but some with a few caveats. Suggested people I think probably aren't EW (Citrus, kai, Vaimes) but could still be LW. Behaviourally think they are more likely town, but not enough scum reads so some are probably LW?

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Wait, I meant counterclaimed cop as town.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah, I considered that, which is why I didn't snap her off there.

lol
    [​IMG]
    Beruru I'm gonna take a shot at reaching out to you because it feels like you're almost mirroring me in attitude/frustration and that's maaaaaaaybe a v/v smoke signal.

Stand by for post.

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Er, I think they played a ton on mafiascum mostly (and still do as far as I know).

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Correction: she fakeclaimed Citrus' Acolyte, I think, and he went "uh wtf I'm not the Cop" or something.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=29397&page=210

Enjoy

---------- Post automerged at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Man good times skimming through that thread

But anyways

My PoE pool right now excluding Mallorean as he's being lynched at present is something like {Owner, Kai, Newcomb, Vaimes} as far as EW goes, and then for LW it also includes dC. Leaning against including Beruru at present but idk. Feel varying goods about the rest of the players

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I also wonder if the scum appearing happy with the direction of the game is going might also just suggest mal/owner as the other EWs. They just don't have enough thread presence to shift the wagon off mal.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Which players specifically did this?

Fable is ? yeah, like are all the witches just powerwolfing him? Guy seems lynch proof.

12. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Vaimes could possibly be an EW I guess - the passive tom bussing not really expecting him to get lynched. (It's unlikely though imo)

But I don't think kai can be an EW (for reasons I said before). That sequence of posts where he's like bussing is less effective in WH and then goes and votes for tom in the next post or something. Too daring to be bussing imo.

---------- Post automerged at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Well you were the one I was thinking of who said
    And I think Jari was someone who mentioned he was happy to vote for mal, but had his vote elsewhere for aeons.

(Also Rubicon and fluff but I think they are probably town).

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Sucks that that was Mathblade and it wasn't a Hunt, faking Acolyte is ancient strats. Actually good, as long as you know what you're doing and people trust you. Citrus, why did you ruin the thing... (well, it was her, but...)

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    How do you get someone's role from them talking about elder scrolls.....

Anyway I'll reread owner to see if I miscleared her but I have a feeling the cause of the wolf reads on her are a product of recency bias.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You're missing way too many details. All I know is she was basically scum-firmed by end of Day. I think she got run up on votes and she chose to claim at Day end by telling everyone she was acolyte to me or something in that case

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

So you think I'm knowingly aligned with mal?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Cool, so at this point pretty much expecting Mallorean to go down without a fight, which is way more in-line with scum!Mallorean than town!Mallorean

Til toMorrow I guess!

18. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

No mal is most likely EW, but you are in my pool of possible LWs.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Beruru

Okay here's the deal.

[​IMG]

When I rolled into the thread, you were treating Rubicon like confirmed town. In fact I think you even used those exact words.

One of the first things I was made aware of when I started playing is that Rubicon claimed a red on the D1 lynch. So that's, like. Preeeeeeetty important to sus out from my PoV, agreed?

Some of the responses I got shaped my opinion on Rubicon, but yours shaped my opinion of /you/. Because it was incredibly dismissive. "lul does Newcomb think Rubicon could actually be a witch?" shit like that.

You are repping a position that Rubicon is nearly 100% town. You haven't given me any reason you think that beyond bland "he's posting really towny" type stuff. And you're rebuffing my questions with what I'm essentially interpreting as "well it's on you to prove your weird tinfoil world and he's not getting lynched anyway so it doesn't matter."

What you're not grasping, and what I have an incredibly hard time believing you're genuinely missing, is that your Rubicon read has nothing to do with Rubicon and everything to do with you, from my point of view. It's a tent-pole read; it has to be, if you're actually town. Because of Rubicon's claim, locking him as town locks in tom as mafia and informs your entire narrative of the game. Given that, it's an understandably huge part of me making a read on you, wouldn't you agree? How you came to that conclusion. The journey you took.

I was, and am, looking for a peek into your mindset, your process.

Because that is the only way, in most games but especially this game where I'm looking for basically any port in a storm, that I'm going to be able to assess you. Not charts, not theorycrafting, not reads based on Agent/Little witch valuations that have no real foundation that I can see, not assertions backed up by nothing, but mindset.

You've posted a ton about your meta, about how you play the game. In the nicest way possible, I don't care at all about that.

At this point, it's not even about this specific Rubicon read anymore. It's about the line in the sand that apparently neither of us are willing to cross. Potentially both out of stubbornness but at least mine is rooted in pragmatism, too.

Like, straight up - I have zero time to read this game, much less like 15 of your games to try to really understand you as a player. I get that you're not going to change your stripes, but the basic underlying tenant of mafia is that if you're town, you're trying to solve the game starting from zero, and that will shine through your posts somehow.

Can you meet me halfway?

The Rubicon thing - I'm not looking for an exhaustive ISO. Just start typing about him. What you thought about him when he first entered the game, what he did that made you think he was town, strongly. Times you've doubted that read, and why. Evidence, reasons, conclusions.

Similarly, you're saying Fable is a Little Witch and that he signaled, and the Elder witches backed off him, right? Like, you're saying tom did that? Show me where. Show me who else backed off him, and why you think they did it not because they genuinely thought he might be town, but with an agenda of saving him.

Or just keep doing exactly what you've been doing, which I guarantee will result in definitely me, but possibly you as well voting the other and not unvoting until the other person is dead, and that just sounds exhausting and boring.

Let me know if I can clarify my position further.

Cheers.

20. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Unless I missed something, didn't you clear owner based on her push on tom to die? Why is she cleared from being a LW in your opinion?

Though yeah I should probably re-read owner before randomly throwing out that mal/owner EW team. I blame being tired and still a little tipsy.