1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    True, a lot of them do have the wrong impression of me, but that likely wasn't your point.

---------- Post automerged at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

To me it reads a little contradicting but I can also see where you were going with it.

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Why does it have to be dC or Fluff? Can't it be both?

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I don't think it has to be either one or the other, I was just pointing out that Jarizok's interpretation to give most of it to fluff and assume dC was bussing or something seems wrong to me.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Ah okay, definitional problems. I'm using lurker to mean someone who's not posting important/useful things, since if a scum player wants to "lurk" they'll generally post busywork and useless things and it's still totally lurking. Maybe lurker is the wrong word?

Isn't this exactly what scum would do with each other on D1? Like, townread each other but distance so they don't go down? I'd be less suspicious if the townread was unreserved.

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Hence why I said it was a bit WIFOM-y of a read for me.

My thoughts were: this random hedge after the ISO after his pretty confident town read before looks bad so scum probably wouldn't have hedged there?

Not a particularly strong point either way and probably not useful to pursue.

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    The word you're looking for is "active lurker".

---------- Post automerged at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I just realized when hunter is witch it means they're a Witch Hunter.

Waow.

---------- Post automerged at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Still waiting on Jari, Kai, Citrus, and... Newcomb?

Hm.

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

So since I won't finish my re-reads of dC and owner today, I guess I'll do your question since that seems like it'll take shorter to do.

Top-town = miner:

Eh #2449, kinda dislike the 'chain lynching' proposal, but I think I do like trying to get people to consolidate instead of being scattered wherever.

I agree with his points about mal.

Re: exchange with Beru about a "guilty mindset". Not strictly in this set of posts from miner, but I feel is probably important to comment on. I didn't personally get the impression that miner had a guilty mindset originally.

He didn't really talk about Beru's 'reveal' yes. I'm not sure why town!miner would though:
    A) miner is not an agent, and does not share a chat with Fable - his comment about the EoD thing doesn't read as overly defensive to me and there really isn't anything to comment on if they don't share a chat. It's a waste of time to defend himself there

B) miner is an agent (i- with Fable ii- without Fable). Doesn't really want to draw attention to this, so acts as he would in A)

I also got the same impression as miner in #2613.

I like #2636 a lot. Town-y attitude in my opinion. The rest of the EoD2 (apart from this snit he got into with Vaimes that I kinda want to stay out of) reads genuine too.

In terms of stuff that happened today. Eh, nothing really stands out to me in particular. His progression of Vaimes is ok, though I disagree, and I've disagreed for like 3 days now. His owner progression makes sense too.

Conclusion - Like he seems fine still? There was a drop off a bit in posts D2, but there was RL reasons for that (also not in this ISO). Still town, haven't really changed my mind either way.

I don't have a top scum read atm, or I would be voting for them. It's probably owner>Beru>kai if you put a gun to my head, but I'm already doing a bigger owner re-read so I'll pass on looking at just the last page worth of posts.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I kind of want to make Fable and Vaimes fight each other.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I would be okay with this.

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I stayed up to 6am yesterday but I have work today so bedtime. dC/owner stuff to come in ~16/17 hours time since I'll probably be fairly busy at work. Will see how much time I can sneak during lunch.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah sure I'm down to beat Fable.

(I'll answer ruru questions later.)

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'm actually not town, and all this is elaborate theater in my quest to make witchcraft great again. 4head

Fable: I talked a bit about this yesterday, it's pretty easy to see Fable as a LW claiming Zealot like he did. Also dislike how he was constantly justifying himself/his actions, but that's probably not actually an alignment tell for Fable? IDK.

It's really dependent on Mal-acio's flip, it's hard to see these two as any kind of w-w, like if it's Fable LW + Mal-acio Elder, then Acio's play doesn't make sense unless he thought Fable was actually an Agent, but that's a strong judgement call to be making on d1 so more likely is Acio-Elder & Fable town.

The inverse is more possible, that is Fable Elder + Mal-acio LW, where fable is trying to figure out what Acio is and Acio does Acio things. But Fable making no attempt to de-escalate their fight is a point against this. It could have been Fable going for a 'no way an Elder does that to their LW' type play but I'm skeptical. Mal obviously not Agent because Mal would have claimed it before getting lynched. This world also puts Fable's Zealot claim back in "a witch only does this because a witch doesn't do this" territory, so it's possible but I think it points a lot more towards town Fable than anything else.

I don't think they can be knowingly aligned.

So overall I'd say if Mal is town then Fable is likely a witch (more likely LW), if he's an Elder Fable is very likely town, and if he's a LW then it's kind of a flip between Elder / town, leaning more towards town than Elder.

I'm at work, so Citrus coming soon but not exactly sure when.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

Owner, it really isn't my job to townread you or be able to understand you. You can make me do that, or you can get lynched. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

beru, is your readslist still the same from EOD2?

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    The reason why I never answer your questions is because you always ask them at the wrong times.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

Well then.

lynch: beruru

I'm guessing you need more incentive to do so.

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I'm waiting for everyone to finish answering their questions. Obviously.

---------- Post automerged at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Next time I do this shit, I'm definitely gonna recommend that you not post your answer until it's complete, btw.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

Uh huh. And, you know, the question that I kept asking about 2613 also required everyone to answer their questions?

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I know you actually know how to play the game, so when you make posts like this...

what are you dooooooing.

---------- Post automerged at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Oh, right. Miners dig tunnels. Forgot.

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Citrus: By behavior I think he's super scum. As I said yesterday, it's like he's decided what his reads should be rather than arriving at them naturally. Today he's done things that shrink responsibility for what the lynches he wants to make:

Post count is just one metric, post density & quality he's completely ignored and regardless, this isn't an actual opinion on people, it's just a by the numbers busywork play. It's also the kind of thing he can just say "well if they're town they should have posted more".

(talking about Rubicon's reads)

The overall flow of day two said to me that Witches were happy with how it was going which points a bit more to Citrus town? But Citrus is playing in a very scummy way IMO and I think there were enough people who said they didn't want to lynch citrus or read citrus town that Witches may not have been concerned it (or just weren't in a position to do anything regardless).

Actually, the smaller, split witch groups would make it way harder for Witches to work together on influencing the direction of the game, so the above might just be a nothing ? Especially after an Elder was lynched d1. I'll have to think more on this but probably the day 2 flow / feel stuff isn't that strong of a factor in determining anyones alignment.

Overall: still want to lynch Citrus.

lynch citrus

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score: