1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    If you had done it earlier, you could have gone to bed!

2. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Owner - me

Beruru / Citrus
    Vaimes / Newcomb

Fable / Silver
    Wei / KaiDASH / his fluffiness
    dichotomousCreator / Miner

Jarizok

Going to bed, see you guys when I get a break from work tomorrow.

Vote Jarizok

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Current votal:

beruru (1): miner (#3075)
    citrus (1): kaiDASH (#3079)
    vaimes (2): fable (#2798), jarizok (#2935)
    jarizok (2): dichotomousCreator (#2918), owner (#3102)
    owner (3): citrus (#2759), silvercrys (#2791), vaimes (#2855)

Abstaining (4): beruru (#2756), newcomb (#2756), his fluffiness (#2756), weiyaoli (#2756)

Seven to soft, ten to hard. I think?

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

owner/Kai: early readslists show she's townreading him sans reasons. Lots of throwaway interactions. She only recently called him a lurker/PoE lynch.

owner/Citrus: just taking the way Citrus was hounding her for her reads EoD2 into account, I have them as nka.

owner/malcio: minimal early interactions, townread him but it was super hedged (quote: "one or two of his posts agreed with my stiff read on him, but it did have a vibe with it so it could be pockety" fake edit: oh she said there's one between Acio and dC but I highly doubt she followed up on or even remembered this). The way owner leapt onto mal to save beruru means that owner/malcio don't share a coven. Man that was easy, why couldn't I have saved myself some time and started with that.

owner/Newcomb: essentially nothing.

owner/Jari: throwaway interactions, townreading him for no reason, blah blah blah.

This is interesting, though:

I dunno. Her Jarizok points don't really help me see how she went from top-ish town all the way to voting for him.

owner/tom: yeah no, dichotomousCreators and automerges are showing up in control + F, I refuse to do this one for at least tonight.

---------- Post automerged at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 ----------

People should stop abstaining. malcaph would be disappointed.

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I can't believe even Tom's username is confirmed scum.

---------- Post automerged at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

This is when you know you have to go to bed.

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Okay, now I can post shit.

Hold on a sec.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Alright let's try to sort this a bit.

Acionyx -> Mal
    Beruru
    Citrus
    Cobalt -> Newcomb
    dichotomousCreator
    dyachei
    Fable
    his fluffiness
    Jarizok
    jwlk -> Silver
    KaiDASH
    Miner
    Owner
    Rubicon
    Tom
    Vaimes
    Wei

I'm town, dya is confirmed town, Rubicon is confirmed town, tom is confirmed mafia. Mal is Shrodinger's witch.

Beruru
    Citrus
    dichotomousCreator
    Fable
    his fluffiness
    Jarizok
    jwlk -> Silver
    KaiDASH
    Miner
    Owner
    Vaimes
    Wei

Looking for either 3 or 4 witches in 12.

--Bears is probably not an Elder if Mal was. In worlds where Mal was town or a LW she can be an Elder. In worlds where Mal was an Elder she could be a LW. Trying to account for "not everything thinks about the game the same way," trying to wrap my head around that bias, I really really really really don't see a town perspective in a ton of what beruru says.

For example, this. I'm pretty sure I pointed it out between 3 and 5 separate times yesterday exactly what I was getting at with my Rubicon thing at her and how it had nothing to do with Rubicon's alignment and everything to do with hers. That fact that she's writing a thing like that is strong evidence that she's thinking about the game from the perspective of how things look. She's putting Rubicon's alignment up as a kind of prize, giving herself points for reading him correctly (while skipping over the fact that I had him as light town).

It shows that she's not actually considering my mindset, alignment, where I'm coming from. She's framed the "Newcomb pesters her about Rubicon" thing in terms of how it looks and how she can position herself from it. This is not a town perspective.

This is pretty characteristic of her play this game. All the votal shit, the questions she's doing - there is an inordinate amount of attention paid to the theater of it, to the presentation. It comes off as very self-aware and not in a towny way.

--Citrus I picked up on a tiny thing I consider a fairly strong town tell. That, and his case on me is too weaksauce to come from knowing I'm town. Although now that I'm saying that out loud I think I used that read early in a game one time and it was wrong? Unsure, would have to really dig around the old memory banks. But gun to my head he's town here. There's definitely some wanting him to be town here because it would mean I'm reading him correctly, and he's whiffing on me AGAIN, and that would just be.... like I almost would rather Citrus be town and pushing on me like this, and we lose the game, rather than Citrus be a witch and we win.

He can maaaaaybe be a LW but he's playing a little too... jumpy, maybe, for that? I still don't really have any idea how a LW is going to play this so unless I have a strong behavioral townread on someone it's pretty much like, yeah they /could/ be a LW I guess.

--dC's talking about mechanics a ton and I honest to god don't think he's done anything alignment indicative since I've replaced in. If I squint I can see some tonally town things? I'd have to like. Actually go back and look though. I'm mostly leaning on my probably outdated memory of catching him hella early in one of the FS games and just banking on the fact that if he were mafia it would be pretty obvious. No real desire to kill toDay.

--Fable I'm probably hella biased since from my point of view at this moment he's the person who seems most reasonable / most on my wavelength. I did feel slightly pocketed by that one comment I pointed out earlier. I also think he'd be playing with a bit more agenda and a bit less kind of... listless frustration if he was a wolf here? Like, when his team was imploding around him in RWBY he was literally psyching himself up in his QT to win. I don't see that WIM at all here really. Levels, maybe. I'm pretty chill with Fable toDay I think, but not sleeping on him.

--his fluff had that sick dumbtell that I totally bought, so :thumbs. He's almost certainly not an Elder. He's got the whole "would be trying harder as mafia" thing going like Fable, but meh. From what I can see of his little interjections and comments he's decently in his townrange. I always get kind of depressed trying to give a read on Fluff because like. Sure, light town. But in my heart of hearts I just PoE him always since like... trying to analyze his mindset feels more like divination and at some point I just can't even.

--Jarizok is wolfy, full stop. His excuse for slanking yesterday was that he was getting the lynch he wanted, today it's I have no idea. I see commentary not solving, and it's super blatant.

--Silver I'm side-eyeing a bit. I think his slot makes a fairly good amount of sense as the third in tom/Mal/X worlds and would go a lot towards explaining Mal's lack of fire yesterday, since that team would be having a rollwave level game. I haven't hated anything he's done, really. There was also the derpclear about the rolekill, hrm. Yeah I mean they rolekilled Rubicon in like 90% of worlds so to not know it's not a one-time thing is ehhh. I feel like Silver is not the kind of player who would intentionally dumbtell. Like, he could have just forgot? Ehhhhhh. It was pretty organic. We cleared Vira off that shit but she genuinely didn't know something and in this case he'd like... /have/ to know that. There's no way he would have used the rolekill and not brought up the fact that it was their only one and had his team go "wait no." OH WAIT except if Mal was mafia he'd have no team to tell him that? lol. Uhhh I still kinda think he'd know. That would be pretty hilarious if that's how it played out though. Plus why would he even rolekill Rubicon if he thought that was the only one he'd get instead of like, saving it for a holy?

/ramble

Yeah let me circle back around to Silver

--Kai is being more helpful than usual and it feels bad that I feel like I'm kind of scumreading him /for that/ since that's a shit meta. I will say that I didn't like his push on Citrus. It was kind of.... weak? It looked like a constructed read rather than something he really believed. I've seen Kai push on people as town - he doesn't do it often, like that, where he really pushes for one specific lynch like that, but it has a bit more... hm. Fire, I guess. Have to think about this one a bit more. Him bringing up the fact that Mal was too consensus-y means.... something. That's, ehhh, yeah probably not an attempt to save Mal. It doesn't do enough and just makes him look bad. Although.... you can get to some levels here where they know UT is out of play and it might make a bit more sense if they're trying to create false worlds off bad assumptions on Mal's alignment? Hrmgle.

--Miner is freaking me out a little. I just want a Vaimes case, man. The conviction he's got there is like. Baffling. If Vaimes is actually a witch then like, come on, it should be super super super easy to show the thread how he's a witch. He feels tonally ok, I guess? There are definitely some things that look fake as shit but given how bad we all whiffed on D1 of the last WH I'm not quite comfortable damning him for that.

Do this, thanks.

Also kind of feel like Miner's asking questions he doesn't care about the answers to.

And this feels like it's not an actual real thought since like, the concept of "playing it safe", while it makes sense in the context of assuming the lynch was the worse option for town, does not make a lick of sense in the context of "therefore we should lynch this person."

--Owner seems moderately town to me. I think the way she reacted to getting wagoned felt completely different, and had a very different motivation, to how she reacted to getting wagoned in the last WH after Delphine cleared Miner. She's... odd, in a way that makes her posts hard to approach, but there were some pretty genuine sounding notes in the reads list she gave near EoD yesterday. No real interest in going here today and that really only is strengthened by the quickwagon on her.

--Vaimes still hasn't really done much, but I don't think his tone / conviction / attitude matches his wolf game. He 100% hasn't had one of those "this is just town!Vaimes" posts, but like. I don't think I ever vote him today over some of the other people in the game. Potential LW maybe in a kind of "splitting the difference" way. Good tone, dropping off in content?

--Wei remains my top townread for the reasons I went into yesterday. When he's doing these ISOs of people, he's kind of... like he's not trying to push an agenda with them really, or if he is it's super subtle, and they read way more like he's just kind of.. thinking about the game. There are some nuances, some little bits of like - backtracking or meandering for two sentences and then getting back on track that read really pure. I suppose it's possible he's a LW and just actually trying to scumhunt and townside super hard but ehhh. Pretty sure he's not an Elder at least.

Vote: Jarizok

My current preference is to lynch Jarizok and shoot beruru.

Think I have a ~fairly~ solid towncore in Wei, dC, Vaimes, Citrus, Owner, in roughly that order. Silver and Fluff can sneak on there for being almost certainly not an Elder an we'll cross the LW bridge when we come to it.

Don't think I'd fight a Miner wagon, would be kind of interested in running Silver up to just see what happens, but that's kind of an idle thought and not something I'm going to personally pursue.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Hey look people are poking Jarizok.

Jarizok

YOU

yes / no?

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Can I, like, reply to everyone?

---------- Post automerged at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Obligatory popcorn.gif, also.

[​IMG]

9. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    get_on_with_it.gif

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Anyway, because someone asked for my reads.

Beruru
    Silver
    dichotomousCreator & his fluffiness - If dC is scum, fluff probably is, too. If fluff is scum, dC can still be town... maybe? They can both be town, though.
    [Owner - Vaimes - Miner] <- I really do think that these dudes are all town, now, but it's... weird. If it does contain one scum, I'm going to not go out on a limb at all and say that it's Owner.
    -
    Wei
    Citrus vs. KaiDASH <- One of these guys has to be scum, which should be obvious to everyone at this point, I think.
    -
    Newcomb
    Fable
    Jarizok

This is where I'm currently at.

---------- Post automerged at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Before I start, is there a characters per post limit on this forum?

This might be important.

11. Newcomb

If this is going to be like, 50 gifs followed by you scumclaiming and LC'ing into someone, can you just get it over with?

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I decided to respond to people and then erase the quote after and just @ the person, so the post won't be 28402938402 miles long. That's probably better, anyway

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Guys, help, Newcomb is trolling me.

This is why he's a witch.

13. KaiDASH

So you're going to lc Newcomb?

Also try not to make your post too long, some people don't like reading that much.

14. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    flashbacks to WH13...

15. Newcomb

[​IMG]

16. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I don't know what this means. I'll be posting in a bit though.

17. KaiDASH

newfriend doesn't know the memes.

rip

18. Newcomb

[​IMG]

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Why would Rubi be a threat?

This is not a real thought.

What prompted this?

---------- Post automerged at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Is your townread on Vaimes strong enough that you can just assume this was a harmless oopsie?

---------- Post automerged at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Why don't you think this could happen? Or did you mean you'd prefer it didn't because you're townreading him? If the second, did you explain this read anywhere and could you link it for me? (If you've this between this post and where we're at itt right now, nvm ofc)

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Is that one of your five questions for me?