1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I like this post.

I mean, apart from one thing following from the other here, that coven is exactly the coven I'm proposing. You're currently voting me if I'm up to date on that. Am I a LW that found all the elders (except for tom) early and am trying to run them into the ground or am I an Elder? If I'm an elder, am I with Vaimes or DC? Or with someone else completely?

---------- Post automerged at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

As pointed out by both Vaimes and Miner (lol), you're being really inconsistent with your elder reads. It both is and isn't Miner, Vaimes is always a witch though? So tom/DC/Vaimes or tom/Miner/Vaimes with Miner bussing Vaimes or tom/Jari/Vaimes with me bussing Vaimes (this read comes later)? Are any of us littles perhaps, or do we all only work as elders? And if we're all scum, is that the complete team with Mal then, or was Mal a miss?

Why are you telling a townie to waste time and divert thread attention to yourself, also a townie? What is +EV about this?

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

It's one question for you, so yes? Five is an arbitrary number anyway, if I end up with 4 or 7, I'd still like you to answer them.

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Well, in my Question Time post, my question to you was "could you ask me five questions and as long as they're not trolling I'll answer them". That's what I was referencing...

3. Jarizok

You felt a genuine need to post this? I'm going to give you twtbaw town points while also +1-ing Citrus.

---------- Post automerged at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

I know. I just don't know /why/ that is a thing.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    what is this abomination of an acronym

5. Jarizok

Like, would my '5 questions' post have some special status that this question lacked?

---------- Post automerged at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Is that not how we say too wolfie to be a wolf? My bad.

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Nah, I just want you to ask me five questions in one post so that I can answer them all in one post.

And... dC. Lol. TWTBAW is a real acronym that exists... but it's "Too Wolf To Be A Wolf", not "wolfie", also.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Probably? It's still an abomination though.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I think it's pronounced twit-bah? Or twut-bough, or any combination of the first syllable and last syllable based on regional dialect.

---------- Post automerged at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

*the first syllable and last syllables that I wrote

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I choose "toot-bawww" because it sounds like a kid crying at a train whistle.

10. Jarizok

Is this an AtE townread on Beru? The only AI thing you point out about Beru here is "That's harder to do as scum in some cases."

Uhm, the bleh x1000 thing is the entire post? What did you then like about it?

And why go from; hmm, this is alright I guess? To, 1v1 me!!

No.

Do you also have a real reason? What has D3 Vaimes done that's so different from D1&2 Vaimes?

---------- Post automerged at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Vaimes says 1v1 me, you unvote him and vote Miner again? So basically, "no Vaimes, I'm sorry, I don't want to 1v1 you. I'll go vote Miner again instead", who was not Elder with tom a couple pages ago.

Oh wait, now Miner /is/ scum for his interaction with tom? Or for voting Beru? Or maybe this random post that had smiley in it?

This is the definition of throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. You don't have a case for Miner.

So, again, why did you back off Vaimes when he dared you to thunderdome?

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

I do apologize Newcomb. Fluff distracted me.

But anyways, I guess for now you can consider the crux of my problem with Vaimes is that he doesn't appear to have the thread presence or the scum hunting I've come to expect from Town!Vaimes.

More on that later.

I'd like owner to respond to Jari's case, and I've kinda given up on getting an answer out of beru so I kinda just want to wagon it and see what happens.

12. Jarizok

Citrus This combined with his "Guys, let's not end D3 in less than 6 hours" is just all so obviously /wrong/ I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm starting to think it's for raisins. Can you think of any reasons that are a more likely explanation than Newcomb EW - Owner LW? Obviously don't give them, but just, do you think there might be any?

Both of these posts are off. They're superficial af. "Since when is dumping reads when you get wagoned bad?" is not a real thought. Obviously it's the way Owner did it, which DC has read (he was there when it happened). The rest is just nodding along.

DC isn't thinking things through trying to make something of it, he's here for the conversation, wanting to be seen posting things.

---------- Post automerged at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

This post is followed by a bunch more of mechspec and IIoA. Sure, has to happen, but there´s 0 thinking about people's alignments from DC.

Derpclear octuple accepted? If I recall correctly from some later post I read this morning, you did in fact also accept it Newcomb? So why say denied?

---------- Post automerged at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Finally some real thoughts on alignments from DC. Lol, I know this is really weak but come on.

I also do agree, as I've stated bunches of times, that Miner is locktown.

---------- Post automerged at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

I saw a thing.

---------- Post automerged at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

So, uhm. This is hidden in a big mergepost from Owner, but it's rather important a thing. Owner is scum.

---------- Post automerged at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Vote: Owner

---------- Post automerged at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Fluff, you forgot the part where you give reasons! Thank god I caught it, imagine the embarrassment if you'd accidentally not given reasons for reads.

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    This is the part where I address people's answers and also ask them to do more stuff sometimes. (Lol, sorry.)

@Fable - I agree on you with Miner. Owner is... understandable, but if we're in "three witches alive" territory, it can be v/v. Jari is something you're going to have to form an opinion on soon. I would like more words. Is your time actually that limited? You aren't going to get daykilled, as far as I know, so... you have, like, 67 hours.

@dichotomousCreator - Can you elaborate more on town!Newcomb vs. scum!Newcomb? These reads seem kind of... hedgey. I would like to see something more decisive. Like, you're wibbly-wobbly on everyone except Jari, and that's just because he wrote a Bad Post about you.

@Miner - I've decided that you're town and just have opposing reads to mine, so you can stop being on high alert about "Beru thinks I'm scum". If your only lynch choices are between Fable and dC, who do you pick and why?

weiyaoli - Doing "assuming Mal is town", "assuming Mal is EW", and "assuming Mal is LW" was what I expected you to do. I don't think what you ended up doing was an intentional dodge, though. I'm also glad you posted so many words, because you're one of the people who I don't know and I haven't been able to read you for the entire game.

Putting your conclusions together...
    I'm not necessarily town if Mal is EW, and town if mal is LW.
    But I'm town if mal is EW, and probably town if mal is LW?
    Elaborate.

You reminding me about #1724 makes me feel like tinfoiling a failed fake selfkill attempt on Rubi. I really, really don't want to go to wine hell, though.

If Jari is actually town for literally only this reason, then I feel like Newcomb is always a witch? Jari/Newcomb doesn't have to be bus, it could just be straight antialignment. I'm going to keep thinking the "slip" was fake for my own sanity...

But if Jari and Newcomb don't have a witch between them... something has gone terribly wrong in this thread.

So your reads are... the conclusions from the above, Jari null-town, dC not-EW, Miner is town, and you don't have... a top scumread? Doesn't that mean that you don't have any scumreads? Don't like this.

@kaiDASH - Citrus vs. you is something that will have to be resolved eventually. His excitement over the rules thing could be an attempt to mislead the thread, and his plans run up specifically against... you. Still interested in Citrus' interpretation vs yours, btw. Since yours is based on one thing, and Citrus' was based on another... ?

On Fable: LW!Fable (or LW/Agent pool Fable) claiming Zealot D1 is the most popular option and you're the only one that I've seen dispute it. I would actually like to see that more from people, because if we're living in the world with a claimed Zealot LW, Fable should have been lynched long ago. Plus, that explains both why he didn't die N1 and why he's acting... like this. But.
    So.

Town!Mal -> LW!Fable
    EW!Mal -> Town!Fable
    LW!Mal -> probably town Fable

... are your conclusions from Fable vs. Acio (with Mal hanging out in the background).

I suppose it's Fable's biggest fight with someone thus far, and therefore it is his most important interaction. Acio bussing and Fable thinking that Super Town Acio is going to lynch him and having to scream about it here in case Acio is an Elder is something that could be true, btw. Acio can distance that way. It's a good way to try to prevent his Juniors from fucking up his plans by going "I'm not going to talk to you and use my ability to play the game to peel the lynch off you as soon as I can find another target". Their playstyles don't match up regarding the "not talking to scumreads" thing, according to Fable, so it could just be a giant one way knowingly coaligned w/w screamfest.

This also reads like a "determined to keep Fable the Zealot alive until Halftime" post, and the resistance to his lynch by certain people also reads like that... just so you know.

@Citrus - It was random because I wanted to see what you'd pick! ... and mostly because it was 5 AM and I was tired and running out of ideas. A bear has to sleep sometimes.

Kai calls this an OMGUS, but really, this is yet another deathmatch that has to be resolved. I really do feel like this thread is going to end up being split into "people who believe beru is town" and "people who believe beru is scum", btw.

How do you feel about Kai/Mal?

By the way, what does "flipping to looking at things from the town perspective" mean?

Silvercrys3467 - I can type the numbers in your name from memory now! Yay. Also, I'm really really glad you made this.

Owner is a heavy quicktopic user, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have to post in the thread. owner. Post more of your actual reads and stuff in the thread... with explanations. Don't make people magically town out of nowhere when you said they were scum just a second ago, even if you just quote a post and go "because this". If you're actually town, it would help town to know your mindset. It's also a really wolfy way to play, so you shouldn't do that if you're scum, either. Basically, can you not? /fontipost

That was a sidetrack, but I also wanted Silver to read that, so... ok.

I agree that Owner, like dC, has posted no definite reads. Not being able to post a decisive reads list will always make me ping you super hard, btw. Basically, this entire post is super good and I'm glad that you made it but... because you're town, I want to see your decisive reads list now. Lol.

Vaimes - So... Owner and Citrus can never be any type of witch together? Or is it just "Citrus not knowingly aligned with Owner" and not "Owner not knowingly aligned with Citrus"?

On Owner/Mal... "Owner and Mal can't share a coven" also means Owner can't be coven with LW!Mal, doesn't it? Or is it one way as well?

Newcomb - If you didn't realize that my playstyle is "needlessly dramatic smug motherfucker" while having played with me for at least three years, then I don't know what to say besides "I think you're trying to convince others that this isn't me because you're betting that nobody is going to go read my previous games". I really do want to believe you're town, but... wah.

If Rubi didn't turn up dead, my opinion might have changed. The result I expected happened, though.

On your reads, because I can't talk about myself forever...

Citrus is town, but Kai is wibbly? Citrus over Kai, though.
    dC is null? Fable is sad dog and not lost wolf, Fluff is probably town, you agree with me on Jari, Non-mechanical clears on Silver but in your heart it's not the right answer, ???? No read on Miner afaics, Owner light town Vaimes light town? Wei top town.

Your readslist is

Newcomb
    Wei
    dC
    Vaimes
    Citrus
    Owner
    Silver
    Fluff
    Miner
    Kai - Fable
    Beru
    Jari

according to your end of post, then, right?

But... that doesn't feel like the way you described some of them. Fable and dC, mostly. Citrus being in between of Owner and Vaimes instead of on top. Silver ends up way down there because of heart of the cards. Hm.

14. Jarizok

I'm working towards one when I'm caught up again. Almost there.

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Can you explain a little more? Owner is, like, 95% scum, but I still want to know about this thing because I completely missed it. Lol.

---------- Post automerged at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Why do you think I thought this was that? It was me calling him out in conversational form with his response pre-written since I thought that that was the only response he could give.

His response to this was pretty interesting, too... that he wasn't assuming, which isn't what I was expecting, but does make me feel like the ancient aliens guy.

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Mostly those reads are from kai's voting EoD2. So sort of a secondary inference.

In the world where mal is a LW with kai, I feel confident you are just town since I don't think you can be an EW after what happened D1.

In the world where mal is actually an EW, I'm feeling kai (as LW) is still possible, but I'm no longer as sure you'd be town, since you could be a LW with kai.

Not sure what you mean by the second part, but what I wrote above is where my thoughts are atm.

No, my scum reads are owner, you and kai at the moment. None of them are my "top scum-read" though, they are all pretty close together. Hence why I want to re-read owner before deciding where to put my vote.

17. Jarizok

Owner was doing random start of game rereading during the CFD, so I might have actually believed she didn't know she was being wagoned if she'd said it as she dropped her list yesterday, or even at start of day today. But just casually dropping a bombshell like this /after/ hours of posting, all the back and forth with Vaimes and Miner and all? That never happens if it's real.

I detected no suspicion at all from you towards Vaimes in that post, which I thought weird because Vaimes is creating a narrative there with Mal's alignment. Instead of going, 'hey, Vaimes is doing bad things here, maybe he's bad himself', you went 'please don't do that Vaimes, it's not good', which assumes he was in fact trying to do something good.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    IMO, dude knows better than to post that as any alignment, which is why I was so surprised. lol.

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    oh geez my last readlist is from 3 days ago I have really fallen behind :/

rubicon wasn't even locktown on this thing...

Town (dC, dyachei, Rubicon)
    fluffiness
    Beruru
    weiyaoli
    Barely Above Null
    Silvercrys3467
    Miner
    Newcomb
    Null+
    KaiDASH
    Null/Uncategorized (Vaimes)
    Null-
    Barely Below Null
    Owner
    Barely Below Barely Below Null
    Citrus
    Fable
    Jarizok
    Scum (tom)

??? (mallorean_thug)

Specific to town!Newcomb vs. scum!Newcomb, it's not really quantifiable or elaboratable. He just feels like town!Newcomb.

As for the rest of it...I don't have good reads on everyone. Sorry. Don't see all that much point in elaborating TOO hard on players I'm unsure about when I have people I want to hang right now and I have limited in-thread time. Would rather spend that on trying to run over/pressure scumreads than building a more complete portfolio (that can wait for if I need to re-evaluate in the future).

Like. Wagon Jari/Fable/Citrus, shuffle people around based on recent behaviour, let stale reads drift back towards null, re-evaluate if SHOCKING NEW INFORMATION comes to light. It's a heuristic approach that gets MOST of what an in-depth playstyle does done in a fraction of the time. Or at least some I guess :/

oh yeah also my Fable read is in no way a hedge, that shit is scum. It's just that apart from the Zealot claim it's death of a thousand scummy actions so it's hard to declare that in a way that SOUNDS strong. The other three are part of the group I'm having some trouble getting a grip on, strongest read probably Owner (basically Fable lite, tbh)

Other two...I dunno. I don't feel comfortable with a strong read there because I feel like it could be a blowout either way and I would have zero idea. I guess I can sheep your Miner read since I'm just now realizing I pegged Miner pretty hard in RWBY and have not done so here <Miner was moved up my readlist at this point>, but I want to observe Newcomb for a bit longer before jumping to conclusions.

---------- Post automerged at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

EBWOP: uh, that was responding to Beruru

20. Jarizok

Originally Posted by Jarizok
    Owner still townie. She's involved in the thread in a way she definately wasn't last wh.

I want to sheep everything Owner says.
    She has a grip on this game and is my top town by far.

Guys? I went back to check it was in fact tom who said this, but... Lynch Owner even harder?