1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

hm.

I was kind of expecting jari to do the thing here as scum.

Tom didn't, even though doing so in that spot is insanely good; mal didn't even though he definitely should know to do that as scum and now Jarizok hasn't done it too.

Is it like newfriend witch team 2017 or something ?

---------- Post automerged at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

That's also why I've been moving to get fable killed, because the lack of it suggests town mal-acio?

Anyway, I guess I'll wait for thoughts from the people who know what I'm talking about.

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I think this is just Mechanically Bad Plays Hunt.

The answer is: Always, No Matter What. So... ?

Unless.

(I don't want to think about Unless.)

---------- Post automerged at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Reasons why my brain is on fire #9043859003: This.

Also, I know I said I was going to bed. I am in bed! I just.... can't sleep. ;-;

---------- Post automerged at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

There's also "unless it's you" which (picture of sad bear in rain).

---------- Post automerged at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

I also think Malcio was town for reasons unrelated to that (but it does make sense).

More pieces...

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Well since everyone else seems happy with the Hunter on Fable plan, leaving my vote on Fable is fairly useless.

Vote: Jarizok

I feel better about dC than Jarizok so out of that pair I guess I'd rather Jarizok gets lynched.

RE:kai's point. I kinda feel that might signal either we're doing super well (i.e. mal/jari are both witches world) and basically trading 1 for 1 or even 1 for 2 doesn't really make a difference to what's happening. This suggests all remaining witches in PoE?

The other world is probably the doom one where mal/jari are both town. If that's the case, then uh I have no idea what's going on today. Witches on Jari are dC and Vaimes? Or witches are the ones happy to let all town lynch jari - so Beru? Citrus? An addendum to this doom world is like Witch!Hunter so they can shoot both Newcomb and owner tonight.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    If the Thing y'all are talking about is the Thing I think it is, then yeah it's probably just newfriend party. Either that or they thought they could survive...or they are/were town! Hooray ._.

Was going to do more but got home at like 10PM today...

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I think it really strongly suggests mal-acio town. Like, it would have been super hard for us to work that out or we'd kick it down the road to today and would have gone on to wagon owner or beru?

I'm not sure how you see it as us doing super well since in witches getting rekt world that's the play that they REALLY REALLY want to make to buy time or score mislynches.

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Well in the witches getting wrecked world, it kinda seems like they've given up. Like mal, now Jari and Fable basically all stopped playing before they got lynched?

That sort of play makes no sense as town and barely does as scum.

But no, personally I'm thinking mal was probably town, because I don't think Fable/Acio can be both witches, I don't think a LW/EW combo makes sense, because Fable would have had to been super wrong the whole time/bussing the entire time (but in a way that doesn't even look good for Fable).

I'm just trying to work out where to focus right now, because the scum are doing relatively well world suggests there's maybe a witch who is being widely townread, but I'm struggling to see who that could even be.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    What makes me more likely to be a witch over acio?

Also the truth is probably somewhere in between? I think we got witches the first 2 nights but given what the PoE has been throughout the day the rest of them are in pretty deep.

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Well personally it's because I thought you were an Agent the whole game trying to wine to get selected at Halftime, but that's impossible (given no CC to Newcomb/owner) now.

You're still on dC right? Do you think Jarizok is a miss?

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Like this votal:

If Jarizok is a witch, the other witches are doing what? If Fable/Jari are both witches, they're probably on the latter end of the Jari wagon (Kai?) or off in no-man's land like miner/silver/citrus I guess.

Thinking spiritualist/PT tomorrow on Jari revealing witch probably just means vaimes/fluff/dC/Beru clear and the remaining two witches in silver/citrus/miner?

Oh god that would mean my reads have been wrong all game.

So if Jari/owner are w/v wagons, there's probably a witch on owner that isn't Jarizok. In terms of who the witch is, I guess it's probably Citrus if I had to guess? His move to Fable is somewhat puzzling though given he even states he'd prefer Fable to die to Hunter.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    No that doesn't answer the question. What makes me more likely to be a witch over acio?

And yes I do think jari is a likely miss. I'd want to lynch kai,vaimes, citrus today and yes I say that knowing none of those lynches will ever happen today, maybe not for the entirety of the game.

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    wait so hang on
    Fable is saying Jari is a miss, weiy is saying Jari is a hit, and BOTH of you are concluding Citrus is scum?

Alright, obvious questions. Fable, is Citrus scum if Jari is a hit? weiyaoli, is Citrus scum if Jari is a miss?

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean it's a bit of a copout answer but jari doesn't automatically become a witch if citrus is a miss but the chances do increase though there would still be other people I would want to lynch before him. The only thing is besides newcomb I think jari is the only person that doubts I'm a witch and I can't tell if he's trying to pocket me or not though granted pocketing me seems pretty fucking useless at this point.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    No, other way around. I want to know what you think of Citrus in confirmed scum!Jari world, not Jari in confirmed town!Citrus world.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    oooohhh

IDK probably not then.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    In this case, what do you think of Weiy's reasoning (i.e. "if Jari is scum there's probably another scum on Owner, and Citrus is the most likely candidate")? Is there not another witch there? Is a different player the witch? Something else?

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

See, when Fable does things like this I keep doubting the Hunter shot.

Like if he's a wolf he pretty much decided to rewrite his wolf meta after RWBY became this is not RWBY Fable.

And before beru starts screaming about how Fable used this exact case to justify his read of me, yes you're right, but what I'm saying is also true.

I think Citrus is a witch and we should lynch him. I don't think someone should get away with that vote during the tom CFD. It's the exact same thing he did in the last mafia game he played as scum (HP mafia) where he refused to lynch a buddy in a CFD. (I wolfed with him and got yelled at in scum chat for like an hour about how I swung the vote towards Jari.)

I would also like to remind those with short memories that this Jari is almost a carbon copy of RWBY Jari in terms of activity.

While it's entirely possible that he's a witch, I'm much more convinced on Citrus than Jari.

So like let's make another wagon.

---------- Post automerged at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Also I'm never getting lynched this game you might as well put my name in blue/whatever you put top town in.

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I don't know what more I can explain. D2 I thought Mal/Acio was a witch because of what I found in my ISO of Acio and other people's meta reads on both Mal and Acio.

But given I can't explain your behaviour that I found questionable (e.g. Zealot claim, self-voting D2, being petulant and using AtE, especially the hypocrisy of the time you were calling out someone else for AtE by using AtE) by you being an Agent anymore, I now think you are a witch.

And I still think Mal/Acio were scummy for what they did D1/2, but given the above stuff you've done, I think you are more likely to be a witch.

---------- Post automerged at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Probably not, no. I'd be looking at you first of all as I don't think you are aligned with Jarizok. And because of your position on Citrus, he's probably clear? Idk, this gets a little too much into chaining inferences which is a road that I'm not too happy with going down.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Link? I can't find it.

18. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Also I think you're probably overstating the strength of that Citrus inference. It's saying out of Silver/fluff/Citrus, it's probably Citrus? But I'd be looking at both Silver and Citrus again.

I'm not really too happy with reading too much into wagon analysis after my last game where I was certain there had to be scum voting for me and it turned out all of them were town.

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Here ya go. It's like 10 posts above you :V

What do you make of Fable saying Jari is a miss but wanting to lynch Citrus?

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

EBWOP: Ah okay, so it's a little weaker than I figured. Would still like cross-opinions.

20. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

He seems to have Jari as a null/lean scum read on his wall earlier so I buy him thinking it's a miss. I've not really been following his Citrus read, so I don't really know what else to make of that.

I don't really understand your question here though because I didn't get the impression that he thought Citrus was scum because Jari was a miss. He seems to null/null scum read Jari and scum read Citrus independent of each other? Is there a contradiction I'm missing?

But, why I asked that question was more why he was still on you (dC) instead of any of his 3 people he particularly wants to lynch, even if he thinks they won't get lynched. I don't think Citrus for example is any harder to lynch than you are, probably even a little easier.