1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I wasn't really; I never got a clear answer on the Vaimes thing and that was my biggest sticking point with him. Still, I wouldn't have shot him last night, personally. I'd have queued up beruru and then changed my mind and grudgingly re-read enough to try to find the (at least) one in dC/Citrus/Kai.

I'll save you some time and tell you that owner's not the Hunter either.

Suppose there's always the possibility that one of silver/Miner was the Hunter and shot the other?

Jarizok was always a hit, right? Going down like that, looking like a textbook witch in antispew mode, would be so bad if he were town since we're like 99% never getting his flip, as town he'd know we'd incorrectly build worlds based on him being a witch.

Hum.

I still don't know Vaimes' alignment 100% here, Is Problem. I guess gun to my head he's town? I don't think waving me off bears is really something he'd do as a witch of either stripe? Like, if he's knowingly aligned with her, definitely not. Could be LW and her Elder? Mal town, bears Elder, Vaimes LW. Ish? I think he waved me off her after owner claimed agent, so like. Man that would be ballsy if he'd just learned 100% she was on his team, so probably not Vaimes Elder, bears LW.

Vote: his fluffiness

Do something? A full reads list with analysis would be nice.

---------- Post automerged at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Ehhh, on the other hand, I'm not sure that's something he'd do if bears were /town/, like. It would be classic witch!Vaimes to keep that v/v fight going if he knows we're both town? So yeah Elder!Vaimes town!bears is like, never a world here.

---------- Post automerged at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

If someone remembers anything about how anyone treated me/Cobalt + owner that could potentially be "trying to sus out if these people are on my team" signal/handshake-y stuff, go for it.

The only thing I've got personally is Citrus using my owner townread to whack me over the head with, and I /think/ it was too clumsy to be an Elder who knew we were on his list of 4.

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:

What does this mean.

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Not the Hunter.

---------- Post automerged at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Vote: Fable

What happened to me being in all your proposed covens? Why are you voting for Kai instead?

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I've decided that the plan isn't actually that stupid.

---------- Post automerged at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

I just wanted Witch Hunter to be memes, I didn't want it to be real...

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I feel like I'd be more interested in this if I knew what the plan was :v

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Not related to plan:

Illusion kill confirmed?

7. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Probable, but assuming they don't have it is a great way to get blindsided later.

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Halftime happens tonight if:
    a) LC activates onto someone.
    b) Assassin shoots someone during the day AND we lynch someone.
    c) We lynch the DOB and they shoot someone

(Think that's all of them)

We should therefore decide on Fable today no matter what else happens. Either we need to conclude he's town, or it's now a possibility that he'll get to half time and learn all holy roles. (Bad idea if Bishop is still alive obviously)

I am against requesting a priest claim, I think if they had any particularly useful checks they'd probably have stepped forward already? The problem this game is that priest is not really very useful, except to serve as a town-firm duo with Acolyte. LW check "Not Coven", plus we've had a demon since N1 so there's always going to be a bit of wine involved.

So all the actual claim does is probably give us a bunch of green checks that we can't even really trust anyway.

---------- Post automerged at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I'd like to request the Spiritualist activates today though, unless someone can think of any reasons they'd like to wait for it until D5 or beyond?

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "We can never trust Fable"

"I want the spiritualist to activate today"

Feel like someone isn't thinking all that hard about any of this"

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I mean if all you got out of that bit about you if "we can never trust Fable", you should actually read what it says?

And your inference with "someone isn't thinking all that hard" is?

---------- Post automerged at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

*is

/10charac

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Given your vote I feel like you've already decided on that though?

---------- Post automerged at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

In other news, I didn't know about the bishop. That would be one way to confirm whether or not I was right I guess.

12. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Well yes that's my opinion, and it's why I'm bringing up the fact that I want other people to be considering lynching you today or else giving me reasons that you're town.

It's not like it's impossible to convince me that you're town.

I still don't understand how you got "we can never trust Fable" out of that paragraph.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    The part where you think it's the worse thing ever if I activate.

---------- Post automerged at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Though I am curious about what people want me to do if I do activate? Do you just want me to keep that to myself or.....

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

But you're still not actually reading/understanding what I said. It's saying:

Either we decide Fable is town/probably town (activation is fine - keep it to yourself unless you need to expose a fake claim or back up a real claim, how is this even a question??), or Fable is scum (activation is bad).

#3769 is just shade.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Again though you've already decided, it's an illusion of choice. "We need to decide what to do with fable (secretly the answer is to always conclude he's a witch)."

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

You're wilfully misunderstanding me at this point.

My opinion on you doesn't come into the point (we should focus on Fable today guys) at all beyond it being the motivation I'm bringing it up on a day that's not necesssarily leading to HT.

Like how is that saying secretly we should conclude he's a witch? It's not a case on you. The worst you can read it as is "fearmongering the witch!Fable world to try to get people to lynch Fable", but that's not what you're even bringing it up as.

---------- Post automerged at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Book icon thing was an accident - not a signal or whatever.

---------- Post automerged at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

And you've still not answered my question to you about Kai to instead argue with me about this. It's not convincing me you're actually town btw.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Nothing's changed since yesterday when we were going to have Fable hunter shot (at least regarding Fable personally), so that's the first thing we should look at today: Do we lynch fable?

-

Anyway sleep now, a lot of time tomorrow to play.

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't understand the question? I think you're both witches so what does it matter which one of you I lynch first?

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ok, so the 4 last witches have to be in the following 9 people.

Acionyx/Mal
    Beruru
    Citrus
    dichotomousCreator
    Fable
    Jarizok
    KaiDASH
    Vaimes
    Wei

Out of those guys, I agree that Jari was almost definitely a hit.
    I also think that Vaimes is almost always town here, since he hasn't collapsed yet.
    Wei has been pinging me town, but I'm not sure what to think of the fact that Silver died in the night as he was gearing up for a large push onto wei. So I think he's town, but will need to look closer.
    Fable was all "look at Wei and Kai tomorrow if I die". And then he does go onto Kai. Huh. I was ready to crucify him for not being worried enough yesterday (as if he knew Hunter wouldn't shoot him), but upon reread he does actually do stuff. Hmm. Actually feeling better about him now.
    I'm disliking Citrus again. Especially with his talk of people claiming.

Vaimes
    Wei
    Fable
    Beruru
    dichotomousCreator
    KaiDASH
    Acionyx/Mal
    Citrus

Jarizok

Vote Citrus

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

More words on me please, fluffiness

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I would like words on why you dislike the claiming talk, but more importantly words on me that don't include that part