1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Real talk, have you actually looked through Tom and my D1 posts since D2 started? Or are you going off memory?

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I mean. Idk if his valuation is right or not.

Tom doesn't have anything to do with it, imo.

---------- Post automerged at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Ugh, wait. I'm forgetting what I already decided.

Yeah, I decided that "Citrus knew Tom was an Elder Witch" wasn't true.

Tom knowing Citrus is fine, though.

I think the things that make you think that they could be Coven together are the same things that I'm reading as antialigned?

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I double checked it over D2? But like, it's not particularly based off minutiae. The facts I'm using are:
    - You and tom were both wagons at the same time
    - Neither you nor tom pushed the other person's wagon
    - tom was scum

And the conclusion from this is: If you were town, why didn't tom dumpster you to save himself? That by itself would be meh, and you misreading tom by itself would be meh, but together it's like

hmmm

Well can ya go into that for me maybe? :V

---------- Post automerged at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

PREVIEW EDIT: Ah okay, I see.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    This is why I think "Tom knows Citrus" is possible, but not "Citrus knows Tom".

Like....

????

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    So...what, because Tom didn't hop on the Citrus lynch, and because Citrus didn't have a scumread on tom, Citrus can't have known tom was scum?

I don't think I understand.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You should look again at the actual posts by Tom and me regarding each other, rather than just operating off memory of the vote behavior (because you're losing context)

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    [side tangent]

I told you you shouldn't give up if you're town so you don't get shot, and then you do this when you don't die.

This is definitely one of my top five favourite posts in the game. It's just. Lol.

[/side tangent]

---------- Post automerged at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

That feel when it sinks in that Fable really did claim Zealot for no reason.

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Gif didn't work, but it gets the point across...

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Still waiting for Wei to get stabbed in the face.

(Stabbing people in the back is for witches.)

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote, vote wei

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Why do you always unvote first? You've always done that and idk why.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Aesthetics.

---------- Post automerged at 02:29 ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 ----------

It's like whether people decide to use colons, or choose between saying "vote" or "lynch."

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Don't you mean Aesthetics?

I guess so... colons have a grammatical function that people usually just bypass because they don't know how or want to use them, though.

If I actually tracked all your unvote-before-votes, I'm pretty sure your unvote cell in the spreadsheet would be so big it'd block out the entire row by now.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The grammatical aspect of colons in mafia games is a lot less necessary than in more formal contexts. I'd argue "it's more effort to use colons, a whole extra button I need to press IN ADDITION to the shift key" but then again I write "unvote" before every vote so I'm a filthy hypocrite.

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Lol.

Idk, I prefer proper syntax. I thought you were talking about something like this; however, I mostly use the colon to vote because of old votal bots &etc.

(When you've been playing so long that things have to be the same forever because you're already a crotchety old mafia grandma in your mid-20s...)

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I never had to type out the colon when I first started out, 'cause MS had the vote tags that did it for you.

I think I picked up the "unvote, vote [player]" shtick from MTGS.

---------- Post automerged at 03:14 ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 ----------

Anyway.

Anywei.

I'm gonna go to bed, and let other people take turns voting for wei. :V

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Oh yeah, I forgot metas that force you to unvote before you can vote again.

If you just want to be able to see it easier as a moderator, why don't you just make your players vote in a bigger font/different style like the MU bot makes you do?

I mean, I always do day activations in a large font (size X-Large, Bold, Underlined, Impact), but that's because of flair for the dramatic/so people don't accidentally post after activation, not for the mods. If every vote was that dramatic, it wouldn't be interesting at all...

-

Lol, Wei puns are just going to keep happening.

I want to wait for certain things, so I'm not gonna vote. Also, still don't want to lynch Wei etc etc.

Night dude. o/

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Beruru

Assuming I'm town (in this scenario I'm an IC or whatever), who are the witches?

Gonna make a proper case on Fable later.

PoE also makes me think there are 2 in Beruru/Citrus/Vaimes/Kai. (clearing dC based on Jarizok, fluff based on behaviour, mal based on Fable).

Don't think it can be Beruru/Vaimes as a pair, that would make some hardcore handshaking/power wolfing in thread today. They do have like ~100% town reads on each other though so either those are correct or there's one pocketing the other.

There's probably one between Kai/Citrus. Right now I'm still thinking it's probably Citrus? Need to do a re-read though.

One of Beruru/Vaimes probably makes the most sense as a LW partner to Fable? But again there's this weird handshaking thing in the thread between them today. Dunno.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Unvote, vote wei

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Wei being the second person on mal and then saying he was a miss ever since is super ???.

Like I know wei has said he thought I was an agent at the time but that doesn't make sense either so I'm just really confused. Cuz one it would mean the acio vote was a blind sheep which is bad and also I'm not sure how asking to be lynched makes sense for an agent rather than just being a frustrated villager.

19. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I mean, I only started thinking he was a miss the next day after owner's claim. I'm not sure why it's so puzzling for you. I'm still convinced there's one witch between you and mal. I already said this to you D3, but I concluded Acio was scummy after my ISO of him - why does voting for him and thinking you were an agent make that a blind sheep?

More to come in my case on you, but asking to be lynched makes no sense as either alignment. It's just more wine on top of your role claim and such.

Also this post makes no sense with the coven you proposed at the burst EoD thing you did.

This post plus the proposed coven makes me even more sure you can't possibly actually believe I'm supposed to be an EW who decided to:
    -> Bus tom D1
    -> Start a wagon early-ish D2 on someone in the agent/LW pool
    -> Join onto a wagon on someone else in the agent/LW pool D3

Like my plan to victory in your scenario is to bus my way there? What's even my game plan? Find the Agents but in a way that's too late to back off if it's actually a LW?

Your second one with a fluff LW is even more sketchy.

---

If people think I'm an EW by PoE, they need to rethink their PoE pools, because going down that world will throw this entire game. Especially if they are clearing Fable off it.

---------- Post automerged at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I mean I'm in a deep Fable tunnel right now, so if people have reasons that they think he's town (except clearing him because of me lol) I'd be glad to hear it, because I don't want to throw the game if my read of Fable is completely wrong.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean bussing your way to victory works super well IME and the way you're twisting things now makes you bussing there more believable. Also you still haven't explained why you thought I was an agent, you can't say it was just because I claimed because that doesn't fit with everything else.