1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm not though....

2. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Don't present a false dichotomy.

---------- Post automerged at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

That's not to do with trusting Kai, it's because claiming isn't useful unless Assassin goes off. You're jumping to conclusions.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean if you think I'm a witch and trust kai then I don't see why it matters when you claim?

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I don't want to go into halftime with a very likely witch Zealot. That's actually info that loses town the game on the spot.

Saying 'well we will just POE him after halftime' is a copout and a bad one at that - it's kicking the can down the road but ignores that the can is going to transform into an M1 Abrams immediately afterward.

If you think that fable is in lock town, never lynch territory that's one thing, but if you think you could lynch him later then actually the time is now.

You're... I don't even know how you've missed the point every time this game.

Said more generally: There is no scenario where people claim Holy Roles that is made better by Fable's presence.

A person claims a holy role.

Fable can agree, or disagree with their claim, and it actually says NOTHING about either Fable or the Claimer.

It probably actually makes things worse because you're viewing things through the additional lens of 'what do I think of fable'.

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Feel free to shout at me after the game if you think I should have claimed before Kai's Assassin shot. But otherwise I'm good with waiting and letting everyone else alive judge whether it made sense.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    It makes sense if you're a witch. :v

7. KaiDASH

I mean.. the worst thing that can happen is that I'm a witch that thinks your role is worth killing right away and so you go down with me as confirmed scum, 1 for 1.

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

It's more I'd be happier to be lynched without claiming at all if that's what would happen without a claim if the Assassin didn't go off.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Things villagers don't say.

---------- Post automerged at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

blaaaaaaargh.

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Again people can disagree but I think it's +EV to not to.

11. KaiDASH

[​IMG]

12. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

It's obviously got to do with HT happens tonight or not. If tonight then claiming is useful but if not then I'm happier with not making it easier for witches to role hunt.

---------- Post automerged at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

*happening

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Actually thinking about it I was indifferent to kai shooting me but then I realized it could probably lose us the game so I'm going to go ahead and veto it.

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Unless the weird world where Fable is shot but isn't the Zealot happens? Then I'd probably still claim.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    dC might be a witch actually if jari was a witch.

---------- Post automerged at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Like if I'm jari and I'm a witch and I know that no matter what I do I'm probably going to die why do I spend all of my time spewing someone who was very firmly in the PoE clear?

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm strongly of the belief that dC is a witch as of now

---------- Post automerged at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Fair enough on the OoG part. But I think the context is very important to D1 (obviously). A towntell in that scenario would be that B doesn't have knowledge of player A's alignment. At the end of the Day you've got either scenario as a possibility. The argument would be whether there is a conceivable reason for either scenario to be true. There /is/ a scenario for town B and scum A (which is in fact exactly what happened), and discounting it just because you want to is where you're just tossing things out and preferring the scenario that you want.

Obviously scum A and A did not push B are true. But if in doing so A causes B to not push on A that's a positive in A's book. Further, if it ties B to A that's another positive. Even further, if very few others are defending B, it is also useful because it's not eliminating B from the mislynch pool while keeping the above 2 (heck, I tried very hard to switch off Tom, which goes to show how useful it is to pocket someone so hard).

---------- Post automerged at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Really wish post #1 was updated with replacements and livelist

---------- Post automerged at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Who does not think the following is true rn:

Mallorean was Town
    Jarizok was Witch

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Your benevolent mod(s) grace you with the gift of new features in the first post of the game.

These features include, but might not be limited to :

Livelist
    Replacements
    Deadlist

As you walk through the town you realize that during the day some divine power must have made a list of living suspects and nailed it on the big door of the townhall.

Was it the same person who decided to carve the names of the deceased on the tombstones late last night?

You don't know. And you might never now for sure.
    Maybe it was just the weird Cranidos that hammers his head against every piece of stone it can find and wants to duel it to the death.
    Or maybe not.

You move on with your life and forget this ever happened.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ok that last post by Jan scared the crap out of me before opening the thread.

Thanksssssss <3 <3 <3

---------- Post automerged at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Huh. So depending on how many witches we have remaining, we arguably are in a very good position actually? I thought it was way worse but it doesn't seem to be that bad at all!

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Beruru
    Citrus
    Cobalt /sub Newcomb
    dichotomousCreator
    Fable
    his fluffiness
    KaiDASH
    Owner
    Vaimes
    Wei

I think Mal, Silver, and Miner were probably all town. Tom was a hit, Jarizok was almost certainly a hit.

Mal can still maybe be a witch in some worlds but I thought his reaction to EoD was pretty town.

So we're probably looking for 3 in effectively 8.

Think I'm ~okay~ clearing Vaimes, though if I could muster up some free time I'd probably try to read his ISO really be sure.

Hmm. Maybe Citrus is the best person to ask here but what is the most town!Vaimes post that's happened this game?

But anyway barring a radical shift in my view on Vaimes, like if I actually did go through his ISO and found something terrible, I'll just take his word on bears here. (Though once again for the record, from my PoV just reading her posts since I replaced in she's said at least a dozen things seem way too overblown to be real thoughts, and her focus is not a villagery one IMO. Like, she alternates between going "??? what do game is hard" and them making these massive leaps in logic and treating vast swathes of the game as solved. Doesn't track as genuine).

But yeah, just blowing right by that one it would be 3 in Citrus/dC/Fluff/Wei/Fable/Kai. So 3 in 6 there which should be doable?

Wei/Fable are not a team, I think? I've seen Fable interact with teammates who are pushing on him and there's an emotional component to it that's missing here.

I have some vague notions that the Elders could maybe be tom/Citrus/Kai and then the Little Witches are Jarizok/X, with X being uh. Fluff, maybe?

Balanced against that is the way Kai claimed; I think the manner he did so is villagery in a vaccum but considering the target it's... maybe less so.

@everyone I really don't think I'm going to be able to solve this just on like, realtime shit.

I think the best use of my limited time here is if you link/quote me posts that you personally found very telling, mindset-wise, and let me take a second look at them.

---------- Post automerged at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Oh and if you do that, don't bias me by telling me what part of the post struck you and what alignment you think it showed.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I kind of don't get why kai if he's a villager thinks he could kill me if I really was a witch? Like I'm not huge on mechanics sure but mixing up claims with w/e witches I would be teamed with seems pretty basic?