1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

110/47 AP

I'm conflicted. It's nice having it but I feel compelled to play when I have AP and I don't wanna burn myself out.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Generally you never want to let yourself sit over your max ap, since you are losing AP by not generating it.

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Yeah, I figured. I just can't get below it atm with how fast I'm leveling from the second Nero Event quest.

Edit: I'll try doing some Dailies along side it.

4. Jon

If you're in the exp bubble then I wouldn't worry about it much. But once you start hitting the 50's or so it slows down considerably and AP become far more valuable.

5. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Just found out that Nero is only obtainable after beating Septem, so my 10x summons have been wasted, rip waifu.

With only 3 days left, and me in the middle of Orleans, my only chance of getting her would be to invest more cash than I'm comfortable with to refresh and summon.

With a possible 288 AP per day (ignoring possible refreshes) and each story mission taking somewhere around 30, the campaign seems like a massive AP sink.

Is there ever a good time to do the story? Or should I just throw my leftover AP at it after farming ascension mats?

But I got my Artoria to 60, so at least I've got that going for me.

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

During Nerofest, any pulls on the limited banner that says Nerofest with a picture of Nero has a chance to summon Nero regardless of your story progression.

So unless you were pulling on the story banner, you didn't waste your pulls.

7. Dr. Strange Lulz

You somehow managed to make me feel both better and worse at the same time.

Better since they weren't wasted, and worse because RNGesus evidently hates me.

EDIT: Nevermind. Spent $20 and got her, and Stheno.

So apart from Gil and Jeanne I'm totally content until we get Shiki. (Are we even getting her? Since her JP release was part of an event for for KnK Garden of Sinners?)

8. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Finally got myself a Nero, on a ticket no less, I suppose I should go ahead and replace Lily with her. Should I wait till tomorrow after grinding some Dailies for more 4* Saber exp cards or just use 20 total assorted 4*s? Also, when should Fou Status cards be used?

Or should I perhaps hold off to see if I can get Altera by the end of the Event?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  9. Dr. Strange Lulz

Last section of the Nero event is here, and wow!

The last Expert was actually pretty easy, I even said so a few posts back... This one not so much.

Round 1/2 is an 87k hp Dragon (Lancer)
    He has 3 attacks per turn
    He sometimes buffs his NP instead of attacking, but expect at least 2 attacks.
    All of his attacks are AOE.

(I like running 2 Sabers and Jeanne here. I think the key to this fight is being resistant to those AOEs. Even with resistance he's hitting me for about 400 each attack.)

Round 2 is Caligula (Berserker), Romulus (Lancer), and Gaius Julius Ceasar (Saber)
    First round they all buff attack.
    Caligula hits like a train, 3k+ per attack. His NP has a chance to seal both Skills and NPs.
    Romulus tends to buff more, but even with resistance his attacks hit for 1k.
    Ceasar feels comparatively weak attack wise, but his NP hits HARD.

(Again, I like 2 Sabers here since you're still resistant to Romulus. I save my NPs from the first round and use them here to kill Caligula and Romulus, Gaius is easy after that. Without NPs I'd say focus down Caligula first)

Just my experience with it so far, hope it helps someone

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  10. Jon

Lol. This isn't the final stage. The final stage is on Thursday. Hold onto your butt lemme tell you..

11. Dr. Strange Lulz

That was an understatement. Fucking Gilgamesh...

Question, I have 4 Saber pieces currently. I can either ascend Nero to 50 or wait and ascend Artoria to 70 when I have 12 pieces and 13 Dragon Fangs (I have 3).

At this point would it be better just to have another servant at 50, or hold off and take a couple of weeks to farm the claws and then get Artoria to 70?

Or are pieces so common through the daily that it doesn't even matter?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  12. Jon

13. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Pieces aren't that common, but you have two dailies per week to give it a try. Weigh in. Do you need another level 50 servant? Another saber at that? It's completely possible you don't have lot of high level servants and could need extra help. Plus Sabera being hard hitters having big HP bars makes them very useful.

On the other hand, level 70 Artoria and specially her NP is monstrous. Nero is a great tanker. It's all about what you need.

God. That 40 AP quest. So exhausting. So fucking tiring. Only need to do it five more times though. Then I'm free to farm Snek jewls.

14. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

Beat the Grand finals. Used Herc/Jeanne/Waver then Gil after Waver died. It was pretty fun.

15. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

I screwed up hard during the finals. I didn't pay enough attention to Gilgamesh, and his Enuma Elish ended up wrecking my shit. Had to use my command seals to win. Ended up having an easier time of it during my second run. That said, I think I'll focus on farming gold medals from the 30AP quest.

Most impressive run I've seen is this guy, who won with with only bronze servants and a Robin Hood support.

16. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Got lucky with the final. Lancelot/Waver/Guest~Gilgamesh, with Heracls waiting in the wings.

Lancelot and Gilgamesh had their NP's charged before the first set of enemy Servants, and they insta wiped enemy Gil, Alexander and Heracles.

Nero killed poor Waver, which brought Herc in.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I got through it with 10 health left on gilg, everybody else died.

18. Pinnacle

Pinnacle First Year

High Score:
    Nearly lost the finals, but Jeanne pulled through with around 1,000 hp left.

On another note my Waver just got boosted from 60 to 80. I remain hopeful that my luck in getting caster pieces from the daily missions carry to saint quartz summonings.

19. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Finally started consistently winning. Seems like the secret to me. is to pick which NP I'm willing to tank, so Caster being alive forever here we go. Better him than fucking Alexander.

20. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

I've purchased all the skill up and ascension mats from the event exchange, my Nightless Rose CE is completely limit broken, and while I didn't manage to roll a Nero, I did roll an Alturia. So this festival has been pretty successful for me, all things considered.

If the NA schedule follows the JP schedule, we should be getting the "Do Moon Goddesses Dream of Dango?" event next. I don't think I'll be rolling the gacha (outside of summoning tickets), but it looks like there will be a lot of ascension materials getting tossed around.