1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Best Hero

Discussion in 'Award Winners 2007' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Feb 4, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Best Hero

[​IMG]

1st Place: Harry Potter in Bungle in the Jungle: A Harry Potter Adventure by jbern
    2nd Place: Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Hero's Path TheJackOfDiamonds
    3rd Place: Harry Potter in The Resistance of Azkaban by Shezza88

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...Lol. Man, this is mind numbing. Anyway, I felt Shezza would take this one out. Wrong again. :D

3. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Well Syoa, you had more faith in me than I had, :)

Anyways, I can't believe I actually got into one of the top places on any of the categories, let alone this one. I'll be honest and say that of three categories I was nominated in, I considered this one the least likely to get into.

So, thanks to those who voted me into third place. I want to thank my mum, my cat, my coah and the Cartlon Football team for all of thier support. I want to highlight the ethical issues of the African Continent and promote my own charity in order to...

Ah, fuck it. Everybody, let's just get drunk and make prank phone-calls.

"Hello, is this George Bush Junior?"

"Why, yes it is,"

"The president one, right?"

"Yes...."

"Hey George?"

"What"

"I think I found Osame Bin Laden"

"What! Where! I'll send CIA over!"

"He's in....that loose, flabby region you call an arse!"

"You bastard! This is that prank caller again! I swear, if I ever find out who this is, I'll "find" Weapons of Mass Destruction on your backyard and bomb your arse back to the stone age! I swear to god, you'll have a coalition of nations just itching to invade your home, you prick!"

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  4. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

JackOfDiamonds should have won this.

5. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Taliath should have won this.

6. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

actually I voted for joe6991's Harry Potter and the Soul of the Hero for 1st best heroic harry ever.

madeyemoody

7. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Gonna actually have to agree with TIO on this..

Jack's Harry really is exactly what a Hero should be, whereas jbern's Harry is closer to becoming an anti-hero as time goes on.

8. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Jbern should have lost this. His Harry doesn't strike me as hero.

9. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

I nearly forgot about that fic. Imo, that Harry is the best hero written in fanfiction ever. It just blasts away all the competition. It's a classic. Nothing comes close or even compares to what joe6991 wrote.

10. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

I surely wasn't hoping for Jbern to win this.>_<. Jack of Diamonds was my top pick,and I thought his win was guaranted.

11. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

i thought harry was hero in master slytherin's fic. liath and jack made harry superheroes.

12. Vayne

Vayne Second Year

I don't particularly like Hero's Path (I read it up 'til about 2 or 3 updates ago, then just got bored and stopped) but I have to say that, at least out of those nominees I'd actually read it really deserved to win. Harry there really is a pretty traditional hero; the clincher for me being his choosing to go with Slytherin house because it would make him better able to defend people, despite knowing he'd have an easier and happier time in Gryffindor.

[EDIT] I should add that my 2nd and 3rd votes where, if I remember correctly, for Other Side of Hell and Resistance of Azkaban, both for similar reasons to what I've said above; I just found Hero's Path Harry to be the most noble and self-sacrificing of the bunch[/EDIT]

Much as I like Bungle, I really wouldn't say the Harry there is awesomely heroic; if he really deserved this award he'd have kept on drinking the love potions, sacrificing his personal happiness for the sake of getting the power to beat Voldemort. At the end of the day, Bungle!Harry is a survivor, even more so since he obtained 'clarity', which means first and foremost he's out for number one, rather than for the greater good, which IMO is not the definition of hero.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  13. Khorne

Khorne Second Year

I thought that Shezza's Harry would take the award here, that was a good heroic Harry.

As Vayne said Hero's Path does have a good Hero Harry, self sacrificing and noble and all that, but I don't think that he can be a true hero as he is still in the CoS, PoA and GoF setting, that severely limits his options as even by most fan fiction stories he is still a child, an advanced intelligent wise world weary child maybe, but still a child.

Bungle is a good story, but that Harry was not a Hero, he was a devious person willing to do whatever it took to stay alive, a Hero might have not been drugged on love potions for the 'greater good' but he wouldn't have the country and thus the entire war with Voldemort behind, he would have hidden, not ran if he were a Hero.

14. japanese_jew

japanese_jew High Inquisitor

I can never remember the difference between the Harrys, and they're the only heroes I read about. Maybe, replace this category with "best non-Harry Hero"? In all honesty, I've read around two or three thousand fanfictions, and in nearly all of them, Harry has been the hero. I can't really think that there's a specific one who I loved, but I can right off the bat name Kitty from Beyond Blue Eyes as at least one of my favorite non-Harry heroes.

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Dumbledore might have taken out one of the places here if it wasn't for the fact most DLPers don't like him and make him manipulative. Everyone likes Harrycentric stories.

16. The Duke

The Duke Seventh Year

Madeyemoody is the man on this, joe6991's Harry Potter is the greatest by far hero ever, while not my favorite fic. his Harry Potter is definitely the best out of all the nominee's. Also, while I think "Bungle in the Jungle" is an excellent story the Potter character didn't deserve even 4th on the list, no offence meant jbern.

Not open for further replies.