1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Why would anyone ever shoot beruru?

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I have the feeling that people are playing this game like it's mafia.

This is Witchhunt. Roles are set.

The objective of Witchhunt is to read people's roles, and then figure out how those people are using their role in order to determine their alignment.

If you can't read roles correctly, then the true meaning of posts will be obscured.

For example...

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I'm serious Beru. Why is it dC/fluff as the LW?

Also forgive me for not taking you seriously when you sermonise on how WH is supposed to be played, when you've thought I'm the Hunter literally all of today.

You've obviously been reading the roles incorrectly.

---------- Post automerged at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

I've tried engaging you on good faith multiple times today by asking you why I'm the Hunter/the only one who would make those shots.

Even with the fluff/dC LW world, that would require both Fable and Acio to be town? Unlikely imo.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    It's called PoE.

I wanted you to be the Hunter, because I wanted the game to be open.

You aren't the Hunter, so the game is locked.

dC/Fluff are the LWs because nobody else would have taken that shot.

Fable with Hunterfriend would have shot Vaimes or I. Kai with Hunterfriend would have shot me. Owner and Newcomb are town, so they would have claimed. Citrus, Vaimes, and I would have shot into the other two. However, we could never be witches. That's something mechanically impossible.

So... With Kai, Owner, Newcomb, Vaimes, Citrus, and Beru eliminated...

... and you claiming Not Hunter...

... the Hunter has to be in dC/Fluff.

The Hunter didn't claim, and is therefore a witch.

Therefore, dC and Fluff are the LWs, and you are Coven.

Is that clear enough?

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

You lost me at the part where you're able to perfectly emulate the valuation of every player in the game.

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Well, unless you're including yourself and want to make it dC/Fluff/Kai/Fable...

7. KaiDASH

You're just asserting things that we have no reason to believe are true.

Actually.

What, exactly, do you think is Newcomb problem with your play?

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I'm being cagey about a bunch of shit and getting upset when people can't read between the lines. Newcomb wants me to actually say what I mean, because posting a bunch of allusionary and vague shit can only help people who have the time to pay attention. Newcomb doesn't have the time to pay attention, so it's nearly impossible for him to figure out what I mean. However, if I use plain words, everyone gets RK and we all die.

I wish I could just say shit so that Newcomb wouldn't be mad at me. I want to play this game without having the spectre of death hanging over all of our heads. Unfortunately, because of you creating the setup this way, I can't say anything that I actually want to.

Obliterations are actually trash. As good as they are for me personally when I have access to them, it turns the game into a cagey bullshit festival where everyone has to post without saying what they actually mean which makes everyone pissed, including the person making the posts in the first place. Fuck this. It sucks.

---------- Post automerged at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I have been enjoying the thrill of the hunt this game, of course. I missed narrowing people down until a confirmed scumteam unfolds in front of me. The adrenaline is real.

However... I wouldn't exactly call this fun.

9. KaiDASH

I think you're viewing role kills as significantly stronger than they actually are.

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Sure, they aren't strong on their own.

... but when combined with Last Stand...

.... I need to run the numbers again, now that Fable is dead. Hold on a second.

---------- Post automerged at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Let's look at the chain lynch scenario.
    Assuming no successful protects, because lol.

3/6 is where we are right now.

We're going to lynch Wei. It's happening.

2/6 - Time for Halftime time.

LWs join Coven. No Halftime kills, hopefully? Besides RK on either Kai or someone else.

2/5 - This isn't exactly mylo, but it might be with certain role distribution.

If we lynch a witch here once again...

1/5 - It's time for Last Stand.

Exit night with 1/3.

Final four is go.

If DoB hits town somewhere in here, it ends up being final three.

If two or more of a mislynch, an extra kill on Town happens in Halftime, or DoB hits town, we lose. I think.

I mean. I guess... it would work out. Maybe.

People should give their thoughts.

11. KaiDASH

Beru can you go through your progression on fable over the last two days?

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Like, game days or irl days?

---------- Post automerged at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

This is actually a serious question. I'm not trolling you. There's some things I've only realized over the last 48 hours. It's actually real.

13. KaiDASH

Game days.

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Well, first, I wasn't that scared of Fable. I was like "well, we can just lynch him (the next day). It'll be fine."

Then...

These are some of the last things that Fable posted before deadline yesterDay.

At this point... with a Witch going down and Hunter in play, the kills would decide who was coaligned with who and what role they had.

... Night happened.

The sun came up. Miner and Silver died.

(He just wants to lynch you because you can't see a claim until it's right in front of you. I don't want to. Don't worry.)

Well.

... wouldn't he have shot one of Vaimes and I in this case, especially if he had access to Hunter?

I mean. If he thought that one of us was the Acolyte, and the other was the Priest.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

How do people feel about asking the Conspirator to claim prior to Day ending, due to them receiving an extra life?

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, pretty sure Fable was a miss. I'd have argued against it more, but I'm not sure that would have changed Kai's mind.

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Hmm, Citrus.

That might be good.

But, like.

I'm 95% sure that the Conspirator is dead Coven.

Newcomb and Owner probably know why I think that, but it's not something that people besides them have to think about right now? Agents should know why I think that the Conspirator was Coven.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

That's fine then, just wanted to bring it up in case. Like if it is a witch, it'd be nice to force them to claim now, so we know it's a potential scum-claim later if they don't (aka they have an extra life and are trying to hide it).

(obviously I'm saying I'm not the conspirator at this time regardless)

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    There's no way to confirm a Conspirator besides wasting a kill on them, so (shrug emoji).

---------- Post automerged at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

By the way, it is my personal opinion that Agents are the most overpowered thing in this setup, no matter what the rand.

Let's list off all of the things Agents get.

- info role (knows someone else's alignment 100%)
    - ... has another role in addition to the info (this is the point where it gets better than Holy)
    - ... ... has a shared chat with their partner (okay, this is just ridiculous.)

As long as you have an uncontested claim, then... it's broken!

No CC is a huge misplay. I'm probably going to be thinking about wine world until post game because of it.

---------- Post automerged at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Beru interpretation of where Kai went after I posted 4174.

20. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    [citation needed]

Hooray for sanity!

For town, yes. Ignoring the rolekill for a second, what is scum's objective when reading people's roles?

[CITATION NEEDED!]

Like seriously. This is either super hard meta reads, or you're inferring some pretty crazy role stuff.

So you're saying in scum!Fable world, you BELIEVE his readlist? Like, "Never lynch Beru/Vaimes" is either town!Fable saying "Beru/Vaimes are Priest/Acolyte" or scum!Fable saying "I can't/won't mislynch Beru/Vaimes this game".

also let's play the super fun cagey game and your assessment of scum valuation is entirely wrong for mysterious reasons I'm not going to tell you in case bad things happen (and no this isn't actually me being facetious, just like

I want you to sit down and think about why ANY scumteam might have made the Miner/Silver kills)