1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

And here a picture of Vaimes ...

[​IMG]

2. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

What are people's thoughts on the LWs basically being godfathers in this set-up btw?

Not sure if this game is how this setup usually plays out given we didn't mislynch at all, but otherwise it seems pretty weak? Though Priest as a role is pretty strong anyway.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Some of the problems we had modding this game ..

Priest was in itself a pretty bad role with both little witches being not coven checks until halftime.

I think in a normal game of this Little Witches should just check as in the coven for the priest. (Just because greenchecks are borderline useless the way it is right now).

PT vs coven interactions need to be rephrased. You can check the gen2 scum qt for that. Just a little bit. Got way more conversation on the matter with people in discord (mostly caph).
    Just another thing that really needs to get rephrased.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Make both LWs and Agents check red in addition to the Coven.

AFAIK this was the original solution, but it didn't work in this one game so we stopped using it but imo it's fiiiiine.

Priest is a trash vanilla that only exists to get drunk. Acolyte only exists to be obvious about saving the Priest when they've had too much communion wine.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It WAS an illusion kill???

---------- Post automerged at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

To be fair Bishop is trash vanilla til half-time

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Holies are trash confirmed.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Agents vs Little Witches is weird and has some potential.

Agents being 2 townclears in certain situations is the worst thing that can happen.
    Not what the role was made for (before Half-Time).
    If Agents claim then Little Witches should consider counterclaiming.

Both of them are basically just masons with no additional infos at that point.
    Town don't know who is real.

If Owner/Newcomb get cced this game then you might have suspicion on them, but with 1 Little witch already dead and the other one scumread. that is a hard postion to counterclaim.

But there was 0 paranoia on the Agents once they claimed, which made the setup really hard for scum.
    Scum had already lost 2 teammates at the time .. so all of that is in part on them.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    By the way.

If anyone ever asks for this level of activity from me again, I will find you and I will drop your phone in the toilet.

"Don't worry; we weren't going to."

See? Exactly!

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

See you next week!

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

What why was I perma-haunted this game

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Don't forget; you're here forever

---------- Post automerged at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Fuck yes, Citrus did the Holy Fuck pun. My work here is done.

12. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    My only good moment was making Rubicon think I was an angel in deadchat for half a second.

I probably need to go back to not joining games. I clearly don't have enough time or motivation to play anymore.

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

No, you played wh7 with me, both roles were the basically the same as they are now.

Zealot gained unlimited protection and Bishop gained angels learn who he is.

http://game.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/witchhunt-7-game-thread.8842/

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    :( I wanted to play with you~

You did everything a witch usually doesn't do when you're lynched as an afk, and that's why I read you town til the end.

Also!

The game ended before Halftime!

I succeeded in my quest!

---------- Post automerged at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

... *stare*

What is this.

Okay, I clearly haven't regained all my memories, then. lol.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Man I wish one of the EW fake-claimed holy, I had them both pinned down :3

Also well played beruru, I'll have to look through your qt when I'm on my laptop because what was going on, but still majorly impressed nonetheless

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Guide to Beru's Posts Iceberg:

If you seriously want to read all ~1200 posts of my QT, go ahead. I won't stop you.

It's probably a better idea for you to ctrl + f your name while viewing all messages, though.

There's also ~100 posts on Umineko, ~50 posts on Love Live, a bunch of song links, Jan and I chatting about semi-unrelated shit that is still tangentially related to the game so it couldn't leave my QT, post numbers with the response I couldn't post in thread because I'm the Priest, bad role opinions, good role opinions, yelling at the mods, yelling at the rand, being upset that I don't have a QT with Vaimes, being upset that I was denied access to obliterations again, extremely bad role reads, good role reads literally only when it mattered, Mechanically Bad Plays Hunt, and a blood alcohol content of 20% at all times.

---------- Post automerged at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

Wait! I made a best of list! Hold on a sec.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Just imagine our discord conversations during the game would be part of the qt as well..

Would have added another 500+ posts.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Beru's favourite QT posts of Beru:

QT1: Beruru
    11, 26, 32, 40, 69, 99, 106, 108, 118, 120, 132, 135, 147, 151, 161, 208, 211, 214, 230, 233, 241, 251, 271, 281, 292-3, 301, 325, 349, 350, 370, 377, 418-9, 425, 440, 465, 467, 496
    QT2: Bears a Lot

7, 21, 29, 32, 48, 51, 52, 122, 169, 207, 223, 226, 247, 254, 268, 269, 277, 297, 340, 341, 410, 420, 430, 435, 455, 480, 483
    QT3: Unbearable

2, 5, 56, 59, 67, 69, 76, 82, 102, 105, 110, 116, 118, 119, 121, 130, 144, 147, 149, 153, 154, 157, 168, 171, 176, 183, 186, 200, 211, 220-1 and then I didn't update it and the game ended.

---------- Post automerged at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

2000 posts is enough for 17 people to play an entire game.

---------- Post automerged at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

"I'm not stuck in here with you, I'm stuck in here with me"?

19. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I mean, maybe? I'm actually not sure...I have towngames where my activity was around this level (see RWBY where I lurked out like the entire midgame) and scumgames where I'm waaaay more active (FTL Mafia, for instance)

I definitely prefer to be more active than this regardless of alignment, but I could see feeling less pressured to BE active and thus pushing through other circumstances less as a scum player.

I...did...? I tried claiming Bishop, it didn't actually matter because Agents had Fortuneteller and knew Bishop was dead.

Hang on, if you checked both me and Kai then how did you know both Beru/Vaimes were-

oh right everyone was stupidly obvious about their roles and I just missed it >_>

---------- Post automerged at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

I did my usual towncover thing in my QT early on but it all ended up being kind of irrelevant because the final clearset was mechanical...

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Citrus didn't even have to check Vaimes for me to see him follow Vaimes on to Owner immediately after day start.

It doesn't matter if dude never actually checked Vaimes or whatever. All bears are partially psychic.

Scumreading is about mindset? Right? I don't usually get involved with alignment reads in WH (AHAHAHAHA), but rolereading is also about mindset. "What role would those posts have come from? Is this the way town or scum would use this role?"

Shoutout to me reading Kai as Undertaker literally up until the Assassin claim because my brain never even factored in that he knew things because he was a Witch and not UT.

---------- Post automerged at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

dC, you're still town in my heart.