1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I don't have any problem with people quoting my posts just with them doing that and directly talking to/at me like you did; like even if it's rhetorical it ends up feeling very confrontational. And at the time that felt like the only thing you were doing ingame.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    That was mostly because you were my biggest wolf read at the time and I was struggling trying to figure out how to resolve you so I wound up just trying to force the issue which obviously wasn't the correct thing to do. Like I said previously I could have just ignored you and forced your lynch anyway but that felt unfair to me in it's own way so idk.

3. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Most of this seems like a bad clash of expectations but idk what to do about the last part; I don't address people's cases on me because I think it's incredibly stupid when anyone goes into a game about making judgements about people and think they get to decide whether the ones made against them mean anything.

Like at best I think that's dumb and people are people; there's no surer way to make someone mad than to tell them what they think about themselves is wrong. Maybe you get something useful but I don't think the tradeoffs* are worth it.

*Scum being permitted to defend their own play which they love being able to do and tilting people.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

GG!

Random setup thoughts:

Disagree with beru, witches having the role kill is a big improvement.

Gravedigger + Undertaker divided is pretty good too.

Bishop is ridiculous. I don't get it.

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I was town DOB in both timelines. #Rigged

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't think it's so much "I'm telling you how you play as a villager" because ideally a good wolf should be able to replicate their village play pretty well (also those arguments are dumb because that person should obviously know their own meta better than anyone *cough* dyachei I don't have a drop off tell as a wolf *cough*) so it's more "I think your motivations for doing X and/or Y are wolfy and here's why" and giving them a chance to explain why it isn't that I think holds value. And yes that gives the wolf something to do that isn't fake solving but at the same time I don't think it really keeps them from ever being lynched if they are a wolf either so I don't see anything wrong with it.

7. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    The thing is imo ideally a good wolf is making moves that can be explained in a towny way. Like, I don't see much measurable difference between "replicating village play" and "being able to explain your motivations in a town light". I think the latter's straight up easier tbh; excuses are easier than actions.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean it's a process because making an excuse is easy yes but keeping it up through a large number of questions is harder, also it's not the only thing you use to read a person of course and of course not everyone is that good as a wolf. I don't think the answer for how useful it is is a simple binary it is/it isn't but rather it depends on the situation and on the people playing.

9. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Gg all!

Also, Reg won this game.

---------- Post automerged at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Now I can say I was holy omce, but I can't recall the game. #cry

---------- Post automerged at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Oh god, the feels from reading dC in the coven EoD. I'm rofling but also crying.

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Thinking about it.

... if I didn't already know Vaimes was the acolyte as soon as I stepped into the thread, the dC thing proooobably would have made me think he was aco instead.

That would have been a much different game!

---------- Post automerged at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

TFW you realize you formed a full counter-coven.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hey Beruru what gave away to you that I was inquisitor? Like I was worried it was a bit too obvious, and it'd be especially obvious to acolyte/priest which was ok with me, but I'm surprised noone else picked up on it and am curious

---------- Post automerged at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Impressed that priest hunting was difficult this game, in countless games too many town players give away they're not the priest and it becomes obvious way too quickly

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I thought you checked Vaimes n2 and that Vaimes moving on to Owner immediately after day start was him pretending to have a red check and you were following him pretending to be the acolyte. lol

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

That was fast.

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Hi hi font hi font hi.

15. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

To be fair, we weren't actually trying to find or kill the priest.

16. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

GGWP all.

Not a fan of the LW/Agent dynamic. Screws with a fundamental part of the game in terms of what knowledge each team should have.

17. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I...what? The LC claim was a joke, I claimed Bishop. Which I mean was equally suicidal because they had fortuneteller as well, but w/e :V

(I mean. An LC claim would result in "activate now or get lynched"...there's no reason to claim it as scum)

18. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Hmm?

Right after that you said you were claiming LC because of the cannon....

:?

---------- Post automerged at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

If that was a joke it went over my head, heh.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

The "modkilled" part wasn't blatant enough?

20. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Apparently not.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯