1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Fan Games

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Alindrome, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I had the first town half built if I remember correctly.

2. Cirvante

Cirvante First Year

Pokemon Fusion Generation was pretty fun and I liked the story. It's about Bill's fusion machine and plays in Kanto and Johto, between the events of 1st and 2nd gen and with the protagonist of 3rd gen.

3. MoltenCheese

MoltenCheese Seventh Year

I also remember enjoying Pokemon Naranja a lot, despite the fact that it was in Spanish and I didn't really understand anything. It's a game that's somewhat based on the Orange Islands Arc of the anime. Sadly, it's not complete, but it still provides many hours of fun.

4. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

For those playing Insurgency who really need a bit of cash... there's a fairly easy way to do so, and it might be considered an exploit. If you have a ground-type Pokémon (I had Delta Muk) & update your Pokégear at the secret base, there's a trainer to very easily grind a good amount of cash from.

Elder Clint Eastwood from the Pokégear's Memory Chamber only has the one Electrode; three of its moves are electric-type, the last is explosion. You can plop down a Nurse in your base to instantly revive should it explode. Regardless of winning or it exploding, you get 2400 pokédollars per fight...

5. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I've been playing Uranium as my first foray into fangames. It looks very well made, and complete, too. I'm approaching the third gym now.

Incidentally, the Nintendo takedown notice is what caused me to check it out in the first place, so ... well done lawyers?

6. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Oh yes a pretty solid game. I think 8 years development, maybe 9.
    One warning I'd give you is save often it doesn't have many bugs but the one repeating one it has can be annoying, basically the game doesn't have scripts in case you lose scripted battles like rivals or legendaries. Gym leaders are fine it's just two or three battles in the game they just assumed you would win I suppose.

7. Ludwig

Ludwig Fourth Year

High Score:
    Don't know how much it counts since it's not singleplayer, but Pokemon Revolution Online is one that I enjoy.
    MMO-version up to Hoenn currently.

8. Puff n Stuff's Hufflepuff

Puff n Stuff's Hufflepuff Squib

High Score:
    I'm sure these have all been recommended but my top five are:

1). Uranium (obviously)
    2). Pixelmon (if you're into the Minecraft Mod craze)
    3). Pokemon Victory Fire
    4). Ash Gray (Follows the anime exactly)
    5). Light Platinum

9. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo

Second demo of Pokemon Sage (aka the good Pokemon romhack made by 4chan - the bad one is Clover) was released today. Get it while it's hot.

10. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Right, so I used a handy editor to change the starters in Fire Red. I also modified Gary's pokemon accordingly.

Who to choose, I wonder?

[​IMG]

11. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Slowpoke. Then dump it on the side of the road and acquire a Nidoran that you evolve into a Nidoking at the first opportunity and type-stomp everything in your path(seriously, it can learn 12 types worth of attacks via TMs/HMs).

12. Andrela

13. FlyingOctopus

FlyingOctopus Third Year

Slowbro is a personal favorite of mine, he's got a nice bulk to him. That said, decent/good water types aren't exactly scarce in gen 1 so maybe Magnemite? Pikachu isn't exactly a good electric type and Steel is a useful defensive subtype to have.
    Don't know if Sandshrew/slash has a decent movepool in fireRed/leafGreen but he seems to be the suboptimal choice.

14. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry mate, watching the Pokemon Red race from SGDQ '16 and it was on my mind(seriously, they junk their starter during Brock and have a Nidoking by the end of Mount Moon. I did it the wrong way all these years!).

But toward your original question, at first I was gonna say Slowpoke because Slowbro can evolve into Slowking, then I remembered 'wait no you have to unlock National Dex in those games before you can do that' and then I checked Serebii and herp a derp it's Slowpoke to Slowking so smh.

At least I remembered Magnezone is a Gen IV pokemon somewhere in there.

I think ideally Slowbro has the best moveset via most of the same TMs that Nidoking could learn from. I don't think there are any pokemon that can really resist multiple X-Special Psychic prior to National Dex.

15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    With the editor I think @Andrela is using, you can remove the National Dex prerequisite as well as turn trade evolutions into level evolutions.

16. Andrela

I'm using:

[​IMG]

Advance Trainer - Let's you edit all the trainers in the game.
    Advance Map - Let's you edit the maps themselves.
    Advance Mart - Edits the pokemarts and what they have / how much it costs.
    Advance Text - Edits all the texts in the game.
    A-Starter - Edits the starters in Oak's Lab / Birch's bag.
    Pokemon Amplifier - Let's you edit the stats of pokemon themselves, like how and when they evolve, or what attacks and TMs/HMs they have.

I haven't gotten into hex editing, etc, so I dunno how to remove the National Dex requirement yet.

17. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not the one I was thinking of in that case. This is the one I use, it lets you edit things more broadly but stays within the scopes of the games. I can change the starters, make every trainer stick to a type, put a level % increase on opposing Pokemon vs my own, remove the National Dex requirement, remove the trade to evolve requirement, and a bunch of other stuff including behind the scene stuff like text speed.

18. Andrela

19. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm reviving this thread, because I've been playing Infinite Fusion and feel the need to share my thoughts.

Basically, the conceit of the game is that you can fuse two Pokemon together to create an abomination unto the lord. Depending on which Pokemon is the "head" and which is the "body", both the appearance, the type, and the stats change. You can also unfuse the Pokemon (unless it's traded, in which case you're shit out of luck.) Fusing is done by using items known as DNA Splicers, which are 500 Pokebucks in every Pokemart. Fused Pokemon evolve when one of their fusees do. You can defuse them, and get both Pokemon back, both having their levels equalized to something noticeably lower than the fused pokemon.

So my thoughts: first, it has to be said that most of these fused Pokemon look like absolute garbage. They're basically all borrowed from that one fusion generator. It's possible to make your own sprite instead, but I didn't really bother. There's a couple that look good, but most very much don't. It's disappointing, but understandable.

Second, fusing doesn't actually add all that much to the experience, IMO. It's perhaps because it's another fucking Kanto roadtrip that I feel this more keenly. While fusing does increase the diversity of Pokemon you can get significantly, the delevelling was bad enough that I ended up rolling with the same team most of the game. Refusing brought a significant penalty with it, so I just kinda didn't. I ended up getting more value out of the other game improvements, like being able to rematch most trainers, being able to change nicknames on the fly, items to replace certain HMs, an inbuilt turbo button, etc.

Third, there are some ludicrous jumps in difficulty. Erika's gym had three Pokemon, all around level 39-ish. Okay, whatever; that's higher than mine, but who cares, I've got a Charmeleon/Haunter that fucks her shit sideways. Then Koga has four Pokemon, each with level 45+ Pokemon and his ace, a fucking Poison and Sleep-abusing Parasect/Muk(IIRC) that I had to stall to death with my immensely based Magnezone/Porygon. Then Sabrina's helpers have a bunch of level 35 Pokemon, while she herself has a team of 53+ Baton Passing Nasty Plot-abusing dickheads. I've not gotten past her, but I assume that that trend continues onwards. Probably gonna stop here and look at some other games, though.

Fourth, there's a lot of bugs in this game, albeit most aren't harmful. For example, most maps are improperly programmed, meaning that you can just walk through some tiles. I tried not to do this, but it's very apparent when it happens, and it happens a lot. You also can't make any real changes to the audio. If it's too loud for you or too repetitive, you can basically go fuck yourself or replace the audio files the game comes with. There's no option for it ingame.

For those curious, my team, after trying and failing to take on Sabrina a couple of times:
    Chardelure the "Chargar" (Charizard/Gengar); Beak Boi the "Fearchu" (Fearow/Raichu); Magnetron2 the "Magnegon2" (Magnezone/Porygon2); Billy the "Gyarachamp" (Gyarados/Machamp); my HM-slave, Togepi; and an empty slot I tend to use for someone carrying an EXP Share, who's probably fusionbait of some kind.

tl;dr fun idea, not all that amazing in practice, helped by some weird difficulty jumps and not being immensely thorough.

20. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When it comes to fan games Drayano recently released the heavily anticipated Renegade Platinum. Now, if you're posting in this thread we can assume you know who Drayano is.

On the off chance you don't, Drayano is an evil little man (but by all accounts a lovely dude.) He's behind the likes of Storm Silver and the rest of that series. He retools pokemon games making them harder by increasing levels and increasing trainer AI as well as retooling every pokemon's level up set on the game, fixing impossible who's, adding things like fairy type into gen 4, the works.

Nuzlocking his games are dangerous as hell because he lulls you into a false sense of security next thing you're facing a baton passing rollout golem you can't stop and it wipes your team.

All his hacks are on his Twitter. Check them out.