1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP DnD

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Zeelthor, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've been looking at running an online game of 5th for some friends of mine. Was wondering how easy Roll20 is to pick up and use? Also if anyone has premium with Fantasy Grounds, how's it compare to Roll20?

2. Relic

Relic High Inquisitor

I DM a game with Roll20 and find it pretty good. I am a pretty basic user, though, the only thing I really do is put the world map and draw scenarios for my players. The players, once they build their character sheet can just click abilities which makes it easy, too. The voice chat sucks, but just use discord instead.

3. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

If anyone is interested, I can GM a Call of Cthulhu/Delta Green game this Saturday (19/ AUG 17) around 0800 AM UTC.

4. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just curious, what are some respectable online sites to find people to play DnD with?

Not many players in my area. :(

5. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

EN World?
    I haven't been there in a hundred years (my last post there was when Frank Frazetta died, and that was one of two posts I've made there since 2005), but it was the D&D site, back in the day.

Watch your mouth, though: They were pretty strait-laced even back then, so I imagine they're more tight-assed than ever, now.

6. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
  7. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Hello. ^^ I'm looking to run a Vampire: The Masquerade game and we need another two or three players. If anyone is interested, get in touch.

The game is going to be set in 2000-ish, character-driven and reasonably free. Some of the rest is going to be depending on what sort of game the players want. Should be mentioned that this would be my first attempt at DMing.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Bought the player book for the new edition of Unknown Armies. It arrived today. You have no idea how excited I am for this.

9. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

We're still waiting for you on Saturdays scrub.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Hawkin I'm still waiting for internet to be installed in my flat. Should be ready this week. I'll talk to you guys once it's up and running.

11. Relic

Relic High Inquisitor

Is anyone looking for a player for 5e? My group meets less and less and I want to play again...

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know it's mostly a Roll20 crowd here but does anyone have some first hand experience with Fantasy Grounds? A buddy of mine is thinking of making the plunge.

13. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Hawkin and nmb, of Dark Lord Potter, were proud to say that they were roleplayers, thank you very much. They were the first people you’d expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they absolutely hold with such nonsense, thank you very much.

In all seriousness: myself, @Cteatus and @Typhon got together to bumble through the first part of Paizo's new adventure path under nmb's inexpert guidance. If you've been interested in gaming before but never had a chance to figure out what it's all about, figure it out along with us! You can the first video here:

We'll be releasing a new video every day until we reach the end of this adventure path. We'll also start streaming Apocalypse World next; if that is something you're interested in watching stay tuned to nmb's twitch channel! (http://www.twitch.tv/crunchywizard)

Thanks!

14. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Babylon - An Apocalypse World Live Stream

Alright, so we made our little debut in the world of public TTRPGs last week with Mathfinders, but now is the time for the real deal. Today, we're going to be doing the first live stream of our game. We're starting a new short campaign with the Apocalypse World system (http://apocalypse-world.com/) - a very narrative focus game - and are very excited about the project. Under the guidance of our very own NMB , @Typhon , @Cteatus and I will be vying for influence amidst the desolate world of Babylon.

If you enjoyed our work with Mathfinders, I am confident you'll enjoy this stream as well. We're planning on running 4 hours with a short 5 minutes break every hour; even if you're not that interested in watching the whole thing, don't hesitate to pop in and say hi.

Additionally, we all know how DLP is with its criticisms: harsh but fair. So if you have any thoughts about the stream, we look forward to hearing them.

All of this to say:

Join us for our streaming debut with Babylon at twitch.tv/vdhawkin

[​IMG]

15. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone out there looking to run a campaign any time soon or need more players? Trying to find a campaign to join now that the semester's over.

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hmmm... I'm in the process of setting one up, and we might have a player needing to drop out before we start. Currently, we have a GM, and between three to four players(the fourth being the one in question). We were considering going to five anyway, so, hit me up with a PM if you want to discuss more, possibly via Discord.

17. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

18. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I mean, I get the instinctive gut reaction to go 'Fuck that guy' when you feel like they're not only overreacting but also attempting to threaten you, but there is such a thing as common sense and restraint. Dude was wrong, acted in a spiteful manner and used his company to do it. If this were a simple customer support agent whose hands were tied, I would side with them but this guy is apparently managing partner of Roll20 and also mod of the subreddit. He is the one making the decisions.

Fuck that guy.