1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Klackerz, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I'm super looking forward to this even though I've kept myself in the dark about everything. I have really fond memories of the first Destiny, even though I only played through release up to the first raid. I remember getting bored of the grind, though I know that had been improved massively after I stopped playing. I can only hope Destiny 2 is better.

2. Anarchy

I only managed to play for about 3 hours yesterday after I got home from work, but it was a really good three hours. I saw a bunch of people at max level already, which is kind of amazing, but not too surprising, but I only managed to get to level 6 in those 3 hours. It was pretty fun, hitting all the same spots that I enjoyed from Destiny 1. Not really too much else to say, other than the soundtrack is amazing, which isn't surprising seeing that it's a Bungie game.

3. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

I've been playing pretty non-stop since it came out here, I really love it. Best way I've seen it described is Destiny 1 without all the bullshit. Story of the game, while not the best I've played, is such a vast improvement over Destiny 1 and is still really good. I'm at pretty much max level you can get to at the moment (269) and can't wait for the raid to release. Been a good way to spend the last few days of my uni break.

4. Anarchy

Alright, just finished the story mode. It felt waaaaaaaay easier than Destiny 1. Also, I hit level 20 before I even got to Io, and I didnt really do anything special. I guess I still just remember how super grindy the first game was, and this clearly isn't.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Can't find you. You sure spelling is correct?

@Fatality @Anarchy you on PS4?

6. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Xbox unfortunately. Very jealous of all your exclusive PS4 content too.

7. Anarchy

xbox as well

8. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

@Republic - My bad, that was the wrong ID. PSN is chintu12

9. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

While the storyline wasn't revolutionary or anything, the gameplay was really solid. My only complaint for the campaign was having to run everywhere instead of having a sparrow.

My Hunter is sitting at 273 and my Titan is at 265. Gonna roll another Hunter, give him my gear and use his weekly Powerful Gear rewards to up my light further. I want to hit 300 before the raid on Wednesday.

10. Anarchy

Played a ton today. Got my warlock up to 265. took fooooooorever to find a replacement for a the class armor slot. Once I get a new pair of boots, it should jump again. I've got 2 270 guns which is a big help. I've found like 10? exotic items. Only one I actually really like is the Hard Light? energy rifle

11. Hallberg

Hallberg Muggle

Destiny 2 is better than I thought it would be!

12. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

How the hell did you manage to get 2 classes to that LL? I'm just 266 on a Titan and I played each day for not insignificant time.

13. Dr. Strange Lulz

Eh, just transferred some weapons from my 265 Hunter to my Titan and then event farmed on Titan to make up the difference between them and the armor.

Once I hit 265 with him I stopped to focus on my hunter again.

Hitting 270+ is just about waiting until you're 265 before doing the weeklies (and I actually got screwed a bit by getting the same item slots worth of gear from both Shaxx and Zavala. They only got me to 270.) Then do the exotic quests, they drop at about 20 levels higher than your current level.

14. Anarchy

Man, I must be misremembering, but there's no such thing as a random nightfall raid? you can only do it in a premade group?

15. Dr. Strange Lulz

Yeah, no matchmaking for Nightfall or Raids, since you "need to coordinate with your group" etc. But guided games are getting added to pair random with willing guides.

16. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

I also levelled up a Titan (in addition to my original Warlock) and they're now 283 and 286. I did the nightfall challenge to get the Ratking which was really difficult but fun, the gun was definitely worth it. It makes you invisible for a few seconds when you reload after a kill, which is great for survivability.

17. Anarchy

What's the trick to getting beyond 280? Is it just doing the Nightfall? Like, I've only gotten a single item higher than 270, and that was a "Drang" pistol for some quest. I'm stuck at 267

18. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Having two characters helped. Basically, I got to about 265 on my first character through public events/blue engrams, they get capped about there. Then you do milestones/exotic quests/nightfall/levelling up the NPCs on different planets. I got to about 276 that way, levelled up my Titan to 20 and then transferred all my weapons over so I levelled up fast. Then you can do the stuff that awards powerful gear again but it's higher from your first weapons, which got me to a bit over 280. At 280 you can buy legendary mods from the gunsmith to add 5 power to your items, which gets you up a bit more. I think getting to 280 with just one character would be pretty hard, if not impossible.

Saving the few things that award powerful gear until you're already around 270-ish is important because it's the only stuff that can go higher. If you haven't, do the quest Enhance! in the EDZ and you'll get a powerful secondary and primary - start saving up blue scout rifles now, you need to dismantle five to get the MIDA.

19. Anarchy

Yeah, I saved all the milestones for when I capped out at 265, and all the powerful gear rewards ended up being all in the same slots (the 3 weapon slots). I might have a few more quests to do, I think I still have the Enhance quest in the EDC which I was saving since it said power level 260+, but I did some of the other ones already. Also working on two exotic quests (I think?). One was called "off the comms" I think and had me collect 5 things, and now I'm waiting for a patch update I think? The second one is currently in progress but the cryptarch needs me to find 5 legendary and 1 exotic engrams for him to decipher, so that can take however long the RNG decides to hate me for.

20. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Meanwhile I did everything linearly in a single character and am now fucked in the 70s :V