1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So like I've been wrong on pretty much everything not beruru related this game and my current status in regards to solving the game is "I don't fucking know" and trying to go back and reread posts that I clearly read wrong in the first place isn't really working out.

So I'm just gonna treat today like it's d1 and start over. Not a good idea probably but I think at this point I only have bad ideas and worse ideas.
    I actually said the opposite and I'm not going to try rereading?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey forum software can you not save posts I already made? Kthx.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think I have reason to lynch everyone except delphine I think?

Rubicon I'm worried is trying to pocket me and isn't doing much else.

Asmo's thought process on how he's trying to solve the game makes zero sense to me.

Miner I just think has the worst posts of anyone left alive.

Now as long as I'm right about delphine this probably doesn't matter so much since 2/3 of them are wolves anyway but I'm not sure if I wanna just give delphine a pass or not.

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Wait how are you going to start over if you're not going to reread?

Dude, rereading posts that you read wrong in the first place is exactly what will "work out", given the context of all flips so far. Even SoD1 is interesting to read the order people come in and how they interact after knowing that more than half the names are conf!town. Trying to figure out mindsets given that info makes it easier, even if you got it wrong the first time.

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Can you talk about your read on Delphine again and why she's such a strong town for you?

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    By only going by what people post today mostly?
    It's more I can't find anything about her I find wolfy more than she's overtly villagery.

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

"just 'cause* you"
    Is how that should read. As in, you put in a solid amount of work last phase despite working offline, so don't get negligent this phase just cause you're townread.

As for Fable, I've looked into his meta as far as asking players (in this game) who have alot of experience with him about him. Haven't asked him to provide games, I don't think. He's kind of been one of my biggest question marks all game, which is why I keep trying to resolve him. Didn't help that he took off yesterday, but I'm not gonna hold that against him today because it's wifom to read into. As for how I'm reading him.. I've read through his ISO a few times trying to figure out his motivation/mindset, but haven't had much luck (can see too many posts coming from either alignment). I think part of this is the nature of his commentary this game, especially his play under pressure last phase, being easy to fake. Something that's been bothering me is that, if he's town, I don't understand ehy he kept saying things like "if I were wolf, this is how I'd win", but then apparently got triggered enough to ragequit when he came under pressure, just because people called him a good wolf. I thought he was probably town before fluff's flip and then been a lot more suspicious afterwards. Part of that is PoE, and part of it is his interactions (some of which I highlighted yesterday). Also of note is Rubi's opening this phase and its softdefense of fable. That's part of why I said Fable was more likely than Miner at first, before remembering all the other stuff that might point to Miner (one thing I didn't write but thought of was his move off Miner at EoD2, done rather than try to pull one more to his wagon. Apparently that was because he didn't think he'd get one more, something I'm sorta willing to believe because I had the same thought and started a CFD because of it)

Sorry for the formatting and steam of consciesness. I'm like half asleep lying in bed, only woke up to take out the trash for pickup day and then about to pass back out.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    If it's me/Rubi Rubicon's first post is him defending me 0/10 times.

Again you thinking wolves go around defending each other constantly is baffling.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually......

@Rubicon

Am I a wolf Y/N?

7. Delphine

Delphine First Year

This comes up basically every game, but I feel uncomfortable when people use the word "triggered" in a mafia context to mean upset. Trauma "results in a fundamental reorganization of the way mind and brain manage perceptions" (Bessel Van der Kolk; The Body Keeps the Score). It being socially unacceptable to talk about the impact of being actually triggered/dealing with post-traumatic stress on one's in-game experience (Rule 11 type stuff, etc.), but it being socially acceptable to use it as a joke, makes me feel alienated.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wasn't the wording I was confused by (although I found the wording slightly awkward?). I'm not sure as town I've ever had the thought at the start of a game day, particularly a late one, that there's ~nothing someone could do to make me want to lynch them.

I felt like the interactions you wrote about yesterday were done from the assumption that Fable was scum (with GH) as opposed to a clean slate of trying to sort him, so pointing me back to that isn't really answering my concern.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm intending to look at interactions between every possible scumpair hopefully tomorrow(?), but overNight I started going wayyy down the meta rabbit hole/dumpster for one of you and I'm both (a) waiting on [stuff] from that person and (b) kinda nervous if I started going too deep with rereads I'll lose all my trains of thought.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

I don't think that I've done anything towards Rubicon that could be seen as us being partners. Note that I'm completely disregarding his interactions towards me, including his "soft defense" or whatever, because I can't control that. I think that Rubicon was one of the people that I expected to be a nightkill up until last Dayphase because he came under fire.

The people that I'm most worried about are Delphine and Asmo. I think that, out of the two of you, there's a deep wolf, and then one of Rubicon and Fable is the other. Considering Delphine's posts this game, I'd be mightily impressed if she were a wolf, soo...

With regard to @Delphine

If you know my town meta, I think you should know that as town (esp. VT) I'm generally not super worried about being lynched. I just don't feel like I absolutely HAVE to survive, especially when my lynch could potentially either solve the game or narrow down the POE by a lot. I tend to just leave a legacy post somewhere or just talk about my reads all the way up until either I die or people move off of me.

Also, in contrast, if you know my scum meta, I absolutely would have tried until my dying breath to save myself. Obviously this is something that's easy to fake, but I'd like to think that as scum I would've at least self-presed, even if I didn't make a case to defend myself.

That being said, I stayed on beru at that point because I didn't think that the people townreading her for her D2 were taking into account the fact that her D1 was awful. I think that a lot of the time people just tend to focus on later days without taking into account the early part of the game until absolutely forced to (LYLO). I understand that the game might end before that, but I wasn't sold on the beru townreads anyways (having never seen her scumgame), and I'm pretty sure that vote was a leftover from very early in the Day and I never felt the obligation to change it.

Anyways, I'd like to do some world-building analysis, but I don't think I have the time or stomach to reread right now.

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

N.

I'm pocketing you, but it's for a good cause.

Also it's just what I think after being a wolf with you and reading your other wolf game and also wallowing in paranoia is for pussies. Uh, no offense.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I've been rereading, up to around post 600.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You're aware that means there's a wolf in Asmo/Delphine yes? Assuming you're a villager of course.

11. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I currently think the team is exactly Asmo/Miner.

The main thing I'm looking at in my reread is Asmo's progressions on different players. The problem I've had with his posts throughout the game is that he tends to misread people's posts in ways that make them seem scummier. I also have it in my head that his interactions with GH were weird, but I need to do some research on that.

I would probably shit myself if Delphine is scum here. If she's played this well as scum, gg? It's never happened before.

(I invite Asmo to explain why I'm locking myself into these limited worlds and closing off mislynches that I would desperately need as scum.)

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    That's pretty much where I'm at as well. So either game is nearly solved or I'm pocketed af WOO! \o/

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

Heh okay.

Rubicon is scum.

I don't think Rubicon would say this as town. Also, apparently he soft-defended me at some point in the middlegame. And since he scumread me early, apparently townread me in the middlegame, and is now once again on the "Miner is scum" school of thought.. pretty sure he's just scum here.

Also, as a side note, I don't think Rubicon outlives Jan in this game as town... like ever.

lynch: Rubicon

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Oh good we're snap voting in lylo.

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Dude unvote wtf

16. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Technically speaking if everyone was here and everyone saw that, you'd have to lock it between Rubi/Miner (incidentally, I'm fine with that), but so far it's only me and Fable so please unvote if you're town @Miner

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean the only one who didn't was the person everyone thinks is a villager?

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Unvote

I mean.. if someone actually followed it'd be a pretty dead giveaway.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait, y'all are dumb.

It's 4 votes to hardlynch so there's no way scum can snapvote and end the day anyways so I'm keeping my vote as is.

lynch: Rubicon

Nice try buddy.

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Wait what? I get that you're talking about Delphine but tell me again when Rubicon saw it??

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Actually... hm..
    Fable could be scum for pushing this because he's played here before and he should understand how voting works here.