1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Do it, give in to OMGUS.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm heading to bed and I might be a little bit busy tomorrow but I'll definitely get some posts in.

3. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

[​IMG]

This is now bird mafia. Office gifs are banned.

4. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Why did you have to post this? This is actually some good analysis, should have kept it secret and asked him questions instead because as good as it may be, it's not incriminating enough on its own. What a waste.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Good! Office gifs are way overused.

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I...really need some sleep. Good night everyone <3

[​IMG]

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Night Stanari, sleep well.

This post is squarely contributing to information overload, I apologize to all affected.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

That's not what i was saying at all.

8. .113

.113 Squib

I agree, yachei is too happy and has to die.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ok, I'm officially here, I just noticed there are 21 pages, I hope there's only 2-3 posts a page because.. ouch.

I see Miner just posted 3 minutes ago, care to fill me up on what's been going on when I've been sleeping? I'll presume the RVS stage is over and we are now all business, anyone scumslip already?

Thanks in advance, I'll keep two windows open, one for live actions and one for reading up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I.. did something just now? Thought I just did a regular reply, but they automerged. Not sure why. Bear with me if I do more things like this.

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

@Newcomb how would you personally characterize the difference between your town game and your mafia game?

10. .113

.113 Squib

So, I don't like the proph vote; I agree it fits the scum rvs vote, but then again it also fits pretty much any rvs + I can't go down this path again (hi proph)

Vaimes, Tom, yeavoxxtalknah then vote proph, with toms vote being the most towny because of: first "yeah ok" vote and then "why is the post weird" post.

Tom gets Townpoints

yeavoxxtalknah get's Wolfpoints for voting with "motivation" which seems like something a wolf would like to do this early because they don't want to vote town for no reason. Wolves need a reason, to seem townier. (compare to just "Yeah, ok" like it's RVS it doesn't really matter)

Vote: yeavoxxtalknah

11. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Look, here's what's going to happen:

We're going to lynch someone, probably someone in the perceived lower half of skill level of the players in the game that had the most uninspired d1 by t0an and/or volume; hopefully we're right

The wolves are going to SPK someone, probably Zack if he's a villager and/or has something that could be minimally construed as a correct fakepeek, and then some other shit may or may not happen and we'll have NK/mechanical stuff to talk about

It's hard to gin up enthusiasm when the real game isn't actually going to start for the better part of 96 hours, and having .113 act like he's all clever for voting me because there's a 25% chance he could be right and have gotten in on the ground floor is just stupid, and it's insulting that you think it would be at all productive regardless of my role

12. .113

.113 Squib

On another note I just read the next post where he/she claims seer so I might pretend I just didn't post that :p
    --- Post automerged ---
    Chill, I'm just catching up.

13. Newcomb

Well, I don't think there's much of a difference, really. Oftentimes I scumslip as mafia like everyone does, and I have had a tendency to explain such scumslips away in an incredibly suspicious manner which only really served to make them more obvious, but I try to resist the urge to do so these days because I'm aware of it.

You just pretty much have to pay close attention to the wordings I use to reveal the perspective/amount of information that I really have to catch me as mafia.

14. .113

.113 Squib

It saves the previous reply, in the "post reply" area, this will guarantee me making at least one post fail this game.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Catching up; want to do a quick one though.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hi.

Yeah, no.

You're different in a manner that is less helpful to town, if you are town, which is pretty much the opposite of what you said you were going to do.

17. .113

.113 Squib

Derping here, I find this post wolfy

18. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Why the mention of miner?

I just caught up, like Zack. Absolutely dislike Miner's reply to Newcomb's awac copypasta, I highly doubt that's what typical newcomb sounds like. Think he just saw a big wordy post and just called it good without much thought to it

19. Newcomb

Annnnnd with people directly egging me on, I think the joke's run its course.

Just so everyone is on the same page here: every single word I posted in the thread before the * (with the exception of changing Sooh's name to Miner in the vote) was Awaclus, verbatim, from Game 11 of the MU champs sseries this year.

I've skimmed the thread but am not fully caught up, @Stanari. I'll do that tomorrow.

Kinda think ScottPress is a pretty safe bet for town, here. He's striking a good balance between questioning for clarification and questioning with intent. I feel like if he'd rolled mafia for the first time in a big, fast-moving game like this, he wouldn't be able to post as brazen / openly as he's currently posting without hitting a few real off notes.

Fable arguing with me about meta when I was posting as Awaclus has me kind of tilting my head a bit, since like... we had an actual conversation a recent DLP postgame, I think the Mountainous game? about almost that exact thing and he didn't notice that "my" position had flipped 180 degrees in two weeks? Not... entirely sure it's indicative, since like, remembering things is NAI, but like. Feels a little like he was in autopilot Post Things To Look Like I'm Posting Things mode?

Miner's response to the Awaclus copypasta was pretty fucking funny. 90% townread off zero words of mine, uh huh. It's like... TWTBAW or TWTBTWTBAW and I've not entirely made up my mind, but let's just say I'm not exactly eager to remove the joke vote.

I'll catch up properly in the morning and bore you all to death with walls, I'm sure.

My one regret is that GH wasn't on when I gimmicked.

o/

20. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

The general reactions were pretty funny. Surprised how many people didn't realize what that was from the first post.