1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. .113

.113 Squib

Could be, and if he's actually only played two games before like someone said, then yes, it's more likely. Which is basically why I haven't moved my vote yet.

It's a thing though.

2. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

I don't like that Proph didn't actually talk to me when I replied about the miner situation thing. Kind of feel like while I was here he didn't really engage much when I did try to talk to him.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I didn't pay enough attention to .113 individual early play in that game to get a good idea of his meta (I was a mafia team sub in lylo). I do think the way Proph applied that read is pretty town.

4. .113

.113 Squib

I find it weird that he applies the Klopp reasoning on me when we played together once and I more or less deathtunneled on him from D1 post 1 and I was town (he was also).

5. Secondhand Revenant

It's... not really a thing in my opinion, to go for that kind of low level derpclear deliberately. And I don't think the amount of games he's had would make a difference to recognizing an abbreviation for a username that I'm pretty sure was made for this game

6. .113

.113 Squib

Do you still think it's towny despite me and proph playing the championship together and i locked him as scum in my first posts there and basically never did the whole RVS thing. He should know I don't do that.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I know how you play as town, 113. It's your stubbornness that game that made me the mislynch Day 4.

I don't expect you to make a RVS vote for the lulz, I was asking if you were applying a concept from that article and using it to generate reads.

8. .113

.113 Squib

he didn't think it was a username, he suggested it was something else (technical issue)
    --- Post automerged ---

Yeah but you're basically saying "I know this player skips RVS in play as town, but Klopp says wolves often do this, so he seems wolfy"

doesn't really add up?

And yeah i'm stubborn ;)

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Apologies, but it's 3:30 AM here and I am not super much in the mood for engaging? I was more so in catchup mode than engagement mode. I want to go to sleep : P

With regards to Miner I am thinking about his two confident-ish posts and swishing them around in my brain, and I'm planning to read his meta tomorrow if I am disciplined, so I have a plan regarding that. More viewpoints are always welcome but because of how late it is here I am not super engage-y.

10. .113

.113 Squib

Basically proph, feel free to find me scummy, but don't apply logic that just doesn't make sense. In this scenario, Klopp's words mean nothing because I do this as town, which just makes it pointless to point out. And not mentioning I do it as town even makes it look worse for you in my opinion (because it looks like you're deliberately shading me)

11. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Currently right now maybe sort of a bit of a townread, but...

12. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm not saying that, though?

I'm trying to ask if you were trying to apply that article's principles to how you read people. You townread tom for being casual. You're scumreading Yeahvoxx for appearing serious right out of the gate. That's what made me remember the article and that's wha caused me to get excited about reading you.

It's not about you skipping RVS at all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ??????????????????????

13. Secondhand Revenant

Fair enough, that makes sense.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's fairly irrelevant to why the amount of games wouldn't make a difference to whether he'd make that mistake or not. But I don't think we're getting anywhere here, so just dropping this.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

113 are you even reading my posts.

You think I'm scumreading you but I'm doing exactly the opposite.

You're misreading this as you skipping RVS, when I never said this was the case. I was asking if you were trying to APPLY principles from that article in your play this game.

Just.

???????????

I am very confused right now.

15. .113

.113 Squib

Ah, ok, my bad, misunderstood you.

Well, I read the article but I don't remember too much about it tbh, I just play the way I play. I'm good at catching wolves, but like everyone else I miss sometimes. I find some ways of playing very likely to be a wolf and others more towny. I use a lot of gutreads, which can be wrong at times but often enough is right on.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

like how do you think that I'm trying to shade you when I literally ended my post with "113 is somewhat more likely town"
    --- Post automerged ---
    OK, thanks for clearing that up.

Whatever. I'm just gonna head to bed and hopefully things make more sense in the morning. People can chime into what I've said and hopefully it gets me a better read on them etc.

17. .113

.113 Squib

Yeah, sorry ;) like I said, no it's not from that article it's just the way I play. I thought you meant I was doing that (since I indeed jumped right in, well technically I made one joke post tbh).

That's why i thought it was weird since you should know I play like that, more than most.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I gotta admit I also missed the whole likely town thing. Oh well. Get some sleep, for what it's worth I'm not lynching you until D4 :p

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I think it would only be an intentional derp of not knowing who yvtn is, which would only make sense if they're buddies.
    Also I don't think it meant anything.

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Vote: Proph

For being a hedgey hedge
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, did Fable not quote another player from champs quali engaging with Awaclus? Cos I thought he did, but Newcomb seemed to suggest otherwise.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I like SR and 113 so far.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Jari do a cool trick.