1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I do this thing where I can juggle one ball at a time.

2. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Hey everyone! Just checking to say I'll be back in ~2/3 hours to go over the 25(!!) pages that happened whilst I was asleep. You guys sure post a lot.

3. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

What exactly are you accusing Proph of hedging on? In general I kind of like his posts, minus maybe the minor one. Liked his point in response to Fonti about Zack in particular, I think she's pretty vague about what's really different here.

Also, maybe Fable did. Not entirely sure. Just curious or do you find it meaningful?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, right, before I go to bed:

Vote: Miner

4. Jarizok

Proph seems overly careful in his phrasing overall, like he's trying to avoid saying anything at all that could later be quoted back at him.

Mostly just curious about the Fable thing. Fable would engage with memeing Newcomb regardless of alignment I think.

5. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Any examples you can quote and explain how it feels like that? What you described doesn't really sound either but maybe I'll see what you mean
    --- Post automerged ---
    Any examples you can quote and explain how it feels like that? What you described doesn't really sound like hedging but maybe I'll see what you mean
    --- Post automerged ---
    Woops

Was taking forever to send and then I saw my phrasing was off and tried to fix it. Then it sent both. Actually gonna sleep now but lol.

6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Popping into the thread for a bit. Probably won't stay long, stuff to do irl.

That makes a lot of sense, didn't consider it. Wrt to my reaction to Vira's post, I can't actually give a logical reason, I think it was more "I voted Stanari and she's asking why the wagon", I guess the ping on my radar was sort of a distant "possible wolfmate defending". Vira's later posts actually made me a bit more suspicious, with the whole ISO on Stanari thing, but she cleared it up and I consider that thread tied up for now. Neutral on Vira for the moment.

I don't want to lay out my previous experience with mafia since you seem to hold that against me in a way (as in I'm using inexperience to earn townie points), but if you ask for it, I will.

Re: YVTN question. I knew RVS from a previous game. Someone posted "YVTN" and I thought it was another game acronym, so I asked to stay on top of things. I didn't bring it up again because shortly after I figured out it was a short for voxx's name.

I don't recall jumping on other people's trains of thpught. If you mean my "vote proph because I wanna be a kool kid", that was RVS shitposting. My next vote for Stanari was a serious one.

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Catching up now since I have a couple of hours free. Will probably be mostly stream of consciousness. Gonna go 5 or so pages at a time just so this post doesn't take forever and I start hating myself.

p1-13:
    Not too clear to me why miner's vote was town whilst Proph's vote was scummy. I get the sense since Vaimes followed onto Proph that it was to do with a past game maybe? Or maybe not - I don't totally buy yeavoxx's reasoning, it's a bit reaching to read any sort of tone from that post by Proph.

Uh, I'm really confused what yeavoxx is doing. ??? (Also not sure how seriously to take them)

Oh it's a meme. Why does Stanari get a towny vibe from that?

I'm liking Zack's posts so far. Had a good response to Vira, then his prodding at tom reads as pretty genuine. Though his wolfchat dig is w/e.

Scott's confusion was ok/believable at the start, but it starts to feel a little fake around ~#167 and the post before that one. I think Zack has a good point about it - it reads as a bit of a clumsy prod which I think newbie scum is maybe more likely to do. Not sure how to explain this, it feels like he is asking too many questions/clarifications? Though I have to admit his follow ups read better.

tom is tough for me to read. I only "caught" him last time because he decided to randomly tunnel me but at the same time not bother to commit. This game so far though seems pretty standard? Like he always does this way too self aware thing about his posting style. I kinda skimmed Zack's case on why he suspects tom, I'll have to go back and re-read I guess after I catch up fully.

Gonna go grab lunch, will be back pretty quickly to finish catching up. (Though no one seems to be around anyway)

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Caught up and it's mostly all garbage.

RIP me.

9. Jarizok

Not particularly.

It's townie for you to ask about it though, so there's that at least.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

I've only read up to 21, but obviously retracting townread since apparently it's copy paste.

But like kinda annoyed that half the opening posts have been copy paste.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    They're not even good ones. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Jarizok

It's a thing. Shudda read champ spec m8.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Fable

If I say Vaimes is scum and tom is town, what do you say?

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Neat?

14. Jarizok

That's lower on the sarcasm scale than I expected.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I just woke up so I'm not really warmed up yet.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I'm like kinda leaning V on Tom anyway.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

OK, so most if that was garbage, but a few things stuck out.

1) Tom is probably town? Maybe?

2) 113 is reaching, especially with the Scott read. As derpy as that post is, with the amount of abbreviations in the game it's completely logical for someone with little to no knowledge of them to ask kT as a technical term.

3) Wait so @Prophylaxis can you clarify that you are or aren't townreading Vira?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Side note:
    I really really dislike this post. To be clear, I'm not scum reading or townreading Suburb for this, but this whole attitude of "I know better than you" and "You're stupid for voting for me" and "This is how we're gonna play" just hits all my pet peeves with regard to Mafia.

No, it one hundred percent isn't stupid to vote you. Also, your strategy is so far off of optimal play that I'm struggling to see how you even believe that's how this game should be played.

17. Zack

Zack Squib

Are you absolutely sure you're not visor?
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's a copypasta.

18. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @yeahvoxxtalknah

A thing I wanna follow-up on. You lol'd at Vira's repeated questions about my potential ISO of Stanari. Why did you see it more as lol worthy instead of perhaps clumsy? What are your thoughts on Vira?

Related, I'm leaning town on Zack because he followed up on it and I agree that Vira's question was kinda ughh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @yeavoxxtalknah

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Now I remember why I used to only play in this community.

20. Zack

Zack Squib

This post saving "feature" is super annoying, especially on mobile.

Anyways, fontisian seems pretty wolfy. The case on me is pretty silly, and her scum style in my experience is to be needlessly over-aggressive/abrasive when going after people, which fits. Also she hasn't really don't much else besides.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lmfao didn't you literally just complain about elitist attitudes in your last post.