1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

A) pretty sure fonti is aggressive and abrasive as either alignment

B) that's not elitist at all?

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    That's the opposite of fonti's wolf game?

3. Zack

Zack Squib

You both skipped over the main issue that she was needlessly aggressive with not enough substance to really back it up.

And lol, if you want to pretend you weren't very clearly implying you look down on us outsiders as unenjoyable to play with, I don't really know what to say. I guess you could argue xenophobic over elitist.

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    That's the opposite of fonti's wolf game?

5. Zack

Zack Squib

Okay give a read on her then smartass.

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

p14-26:
    The memes are too much for me. Is Newcomb's post a prepared one(?). Why did Fable and Newcomb randomly have a discussion on meta reads. And then kept having it whilst other stuff was going on. Like at least Newcomb did something with Miner.

yeahvoxx can be my second town read. Their recent posts are good and I agree with several of their reads. Though #411 is oddly belligerent. The whole back and forth with .113. I don't really get 113's points? Like his point about not pushing yeahvoxx because of the seer claim is nonsensical. Not sure they realise that post was copy-pasted, which somewhat a big deal was made out of so not sure how that was missed.

Oh so it was a copy-pasta after all. This has not made the thread easy to read. Ignoring the gimmick itself, I think I agree with Newcomb that Miner's read was somewhat weak. Wrt to other people's responses, I'm not too sure if Fable caught on immediately and was just egging Newcomb on? Or?

.113's push on Scott, I can agree with his read (I'm not actually clear what his beef with Scott is beyond the YVTN thing being derp-clear though), just his specific example is really odd? Picking up on his question about "YVTN" is I would say the weakest example. Seems a bit reachy.

(Also don't take my post about nobody being here as a challenge guys)

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Don't have one yet, too early to tell. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fonti not really sticking around after her first post is super meh though.

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Vote: .113

9. Zack

Zack Squib

Wow, that's exactly a point i brought up in the post which you dismissed with an obnoxious comment!!!

Kinda sick of you playing the too early card still. There's hundreds of posts, plenty of them AI. You're not scoobs so i don't get what you're doing.

10. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Did u quote G11 back at Newcomb or was that all you?

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't care?

You almost never play with me and when you do you always wolf read me and are never correct (and the game you didn't I was a wolf lol) so don't think you can tell me how I play.

Plan for me is to watch you all flail and then solve the game overnight.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I didn't quote G11 back at newcomb but I did force him to have a discussion he probably didn't want to have. :p

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

???? The fuck? Do you even know what the words you're using mean?

That has nothing to do with that post at all. That post very much is related to the fact that I can't figure out if people are being serious or are copy pasting.

Also lol @ that reaction.

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Ehhh, that's sad.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Shhhh Miner. Shhhh.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

Stop.

15. Zack

Zack Squib

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    What is your problem dude?
    --- Post automerged ---
    At Miner

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

What's yours?

You're taking offense at stuff that's not intended to be offensive, and then being a dick for no reason.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Can this not get personal please. Ignore each other and cool off.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Be back later, feeling a little ill this morning so thinking about going back to bed.

18. Zack

Zack Squib

See you all in a bit then.

19. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Did someone say elitist attitudes? I have Mu Elite qualifications, I'd love to be your head elite.

20. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Heyo.

Read everything (though didn't reread parts I had trouble understanding, mainly the interactions about misunderstandings and a bunch of overcomplicated clarifications concerning Stanari/Vira/Scott). Have a couple of reads, but not too many as of yet.

Fonti's my strongest town read so far. Her Zack read in the opening post felt tonally genuine, like she had a feeling about Zack but didn't quite find the words to express it like she wanted too. Also, the fact that she independently liked Zack scumread of Tom and "didn't want to interfere with that" makes the read feel even more real to me.

Her Vira read and her second part of the Zack read (about Zack tipping his hand) both include her putting herself in their position as both alignments and drawing conclusions. I like it.

Also lastly I liked her @'ing Newcomb about her disagreeing with his Miner read (about Miner's 90% read on Newcomb from his copy-pasta) and that she wants to talk about it. At the time I felt like the consensus was against Miner and if wolf!Fonti would defend a town here i don't think this is the manner in which she would have done it. This feels more like a genuine "hey, i don't think so, lets talk about it later when you have time".

Also on that point, i also think Miner's thing probably wasn't as wolfy as some people think. From what i understand, Miner thought Newcomb would start out with his usual Newcomb-Mega-Post. But SINCE Newcomb started out unusually for his standards Miner called him 90% town. So basically since it was a read BASED on Newcomb doing something unusual, i don't think the fact that it was copy-pasta really makes Miner look that bad.

If you wanna argue that the "90% town if he doesn't start with a wall"-read makes Miner a wolf in the first place, alright (though i disagree. it's just a weird read that i would even argue is towny to give to some extent).

Tom has me a little split. I mindmelded with some of his RVS reactions, and liked the post saying Cuth made his post without reading through Fonti's post (which Cuth later confirmed). But i disliked his "Kinda want to scumread miner for trusting Newcomb that fast but meh.". It seems a little like he wants to jump on the easy target but hesitates with the "but meh", not really retracting what he said but not sticking to it either.

Cuth's whole interaction around that I'm squinting a bit at. He both said this: "minor issues with the post itself, but more so with making a giant post at SoD about someone and not sticking around to talk with the person or anyone else about it?" and called it "???". That doesn't really line up in my head with him acitng so hedgy about it in #343: "I'd be hard-pressed to say it's really AI in any strong way, but it's weird nonetheless." . While I see which line he's taking when he calls Tom disingenuous for saying he shaded Fonti, I don't get great vibes from the whole thing.

(I should've used multi-quote for that section, but i can't find any way to multi-quote from an ISO?)

YVTL's been calling a lot of stuff wolfy in an aggresive manner, which i find a little towny, but it's mostly playstyle, so nothing strong. Also gonna add im slightly salty he made me seriously read that Copy-pasta.

Scott is probably my second townread after Fonti. It's mostly a general feeling, he felt pretty smooth tone-wise when realising he was over-defending in #304 and explained his full view with decently deep thoughts for a newer player.

Last comment: No idea what .113 is doing with the forced derpclear situation, but 113 had taken pretty weird fights in earlier games ive played with town!113, so not gonna pursue there for now.

a little list is probably good to start up:

Fonti

Scott

YVTL
    Miner

Rest

Cuth

Vote Cuthalion