1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Too long didn't read.

God I miss being able to post like a normal person.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah you can't multiquote in iso its a right pain.

2. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Yeah, i kind of just wrote it all in 1 piece since when i started writing it, noone was around. Probably should've broken it up in parts :/

3. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Why are there 11 pages already?

Are you people trying to kill me?

I have now read P1, and what I have to say about that page is:

Hi buddy!

4. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Anyway, how's it going SS-sama.

Any other thoughts?

5. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    oh dear...it IS you.

Uhm, i think i could have a lean on both Proph and SR if i just re-read their posts for some reason. But it's gonna figure itself out. 425 was pretty interesting from Proph, and i like most of it, but the ending didn't sit as well as i'd hoped, but still ending up with a smaaall townlean on Proph from that. Maybe.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I read it if it makes you feel any better.

On the topic of 113 I think it's a misunderstanding thing with Scott and he's equating "logic I don't agree with = wolfy logic" which is an obvious mistake but the part I don't get is if he realized that Scott is a newer player why he made the push anyway. It's kinda getting too much into levels for me if 113 is a wolf because it mean he saw that Scott was an easy push, recognized why and then took the bait anyway. I don't wanna call it villagery because that seems bad but I have trouble with the logic behind doing that from a wolf PoV.

7. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Also .113 saying the Tom vs Zack stuff felt like town vs town pinged me slightly

8. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Do you not agree with it or what exactly pinged you about it?

Also <3

9. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    I see what you mean. Though did he know Scott was new when he started the push? I don't think he did (not 100% tho), and in that case, wouldn't he as a wolf "recognize why" once he's already started the push?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm generally pinged by people saying without any added info that an interaction feels TvT. Because it's not a real reason but it sounds like a reason, and i've seen wolves use it when handing out townreads sometimes (i THINK it's more often than rand, but i'd need research. I've for sure seen towns say it too without any added reasoning).

10. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    While I'm reading up;

Scott is relatively new to mafia, are there more players who haven't played much mafia before in this game?

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    If you read over the post again you'll see he does note that he read that Scott had only played 2 games before.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/posts/1022290/

12. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    True.

But at the time I think Scott was more widely townread than scumread by others, which is generally what decides more if a target is easy or not. But i still see your viewpoint

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm reading over fonti's first post again to see if I can see what SS saw and beyond YVTN's post being a copypasta why did anyone think Eido would put a Seer in this game?

I mean probability isn't quite at 0% but afaik Eido isn't the biggest fan of the role.

14. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Alright, I'm only gonna post once on this topic and I hope the sentiment is listened to.

There's a rule in the OP. "Respect your fellow players, and their time. Don't be a jerk. "

Yeah there are players in here with abrasive playstyles. Fontisian, Zack, Fable etc. Mafia has abrasive playstyles, that's the nature of the game, try to keep it to a minimum. And stuff like "Now I remember why I used to only play in this community." Yeah, okay mate. You know exactly what you're doing with a comment like that. Knock it off.

If anyone took my copypasted posts the wrong way, sorry, figured enough people in the game would recognise them plus the time to post/tonal differences in my posting would be enough to signal, but probably a bad expectation given I've not played with a few of you and its probably unreasonable to expect you to be parse that stuff. I'll post properly from here on out.

Please try to keep any sniping at other players to a minimum, I'm not particularly interested in having to wade through petty fights when we can just play a simple game of mafia.

Now, back to lurking.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It isn't really an unreasonable idea to have some kind of limited (or not) cop role in the game. Especially if he knows people will setup game against the role.

I'm not really going to setup game on this, and it is a large game, just play it by ear as it happens.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Reading fonti's post again and I come out of it just thinking "It's fine" not really jumping out at me as "this is a really villagery post" or anything but all the conclusions are logical enough and I don't disagree with any of it.

16. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

How would clumsy work here?

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm out for the next 12-24 hours.

18. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Lurking is wolfy, friendo. :p

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

When did you become so reasonable?