1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

So, you saying you're not asking as many questions this game because it's not necessary with people actually posting? Genuinely trying to understand here.

2. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

See, from my point of view the jedi are evil I don't think he had enough fun going with the silly opening that I would expect him to have if he was a villager and doing it. He knows what he is doing is kinda funky but he seems almost uptight about it and following on into his later posts the tone persists with his responses, very measured and exact.

I'm a tone purist, not a writer. P

3. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Have I missed Miner saying anything about people wolf reading him for his Newcomb read or him otherwise explaining it? It feels a bit awkward to not do so by now if there was some misunderstanding

4. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Miner's on a break for the next 24 hours or something.

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

WRT fonti - the thing I have with her is that her first post seemed deliberately contrarian (townreading me when I had a number of votes on me, scumreading Zack when most players were townreading him out of the gates IIRC?) - the question for me is that if that comes from town!fonti or scum!fonti. And the answer from me is that.. I need more from her. I haven't played with her in.. a year?

@fontisian - Say that in your hypothetical world, Zack is scum. Zack has.. probably five more scumbuddies. Do you have any other people who you are currently suspecting, at the moment?

And I haven't looked at that game yet, because I had class all this morning and just got back to my room. I'll try to take a look at it later if I'm disciplined enough.

6. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    This is something i didn't really notice myself on my own read, but when i hear it, it sounds pretty accurate..?

Though (I think?) I remember him sounding like he had more fun in s3 MU champ finale game when he did something similar as wolf. So not sure

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    --- Post automerged ---
    My post noooooo

8. Zack

Zack Squib

Asking questions is actually something I do as a wolf because it's easier than trying to share my own thoughts. I was deliberately trying to play in a way to avoid a n1 kill since I was a PR, and also ... can you not see how the difference in activity would lead to a difference in how I prod people? I'm baffled you're trying to take anything away from that game, given all the extenuating circumstances around it. I don't need to prod people here, I can do my own thing and there's actual stuff for me to react to without bugging people about every read they make.

9. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

That was because it was a gambit post, last ditch, go for broke performance art.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If anyone wants to join my cult of abandoning reads and CFDing randos at EOD according to RNG, we're accepting applications.

10. Zack

Zack Squib

I have long held the view that forcing someone to justify a wolf lean by producing a full team is not productive. Lynch wolfy people.

11. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Was it? IIRC it was like D1 or something, I'm talking about his Symphony-WALL.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And yeah, End-of-Day me will surely join in. Up until then I'll probably at least pretend to believe some of my own reads

12. Zack

Zack Squib

I don't think he's been villagery, but I'm giving him a bit of benefit of the doubt because he's handsome and I've seen him rand wolf a lot recently, which is definitely coloring my view with bias.

13. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Think it was D3 or something. GH can have fun as wolf and all that, fully admit that. Just think there is a disconnect this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Zack you really should've posted the Monte copypasta in response to the fonti vote on you.

I would've lock cleared you forever.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I agree, Zack, just wanted to see if she had any additional suspects.

From my point of view her tunneling on you isn't very productive because I think you are town and I want her to move onto something a little more productive.

15. Zack

Zack Squib

I've already used that trick a couple times, think I've played it out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is something Alette would post.

16. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Only if Eido is still intent on writing flavor and leaving it to the last minute.

17. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Vote: Dyachei

Playing it too safe. #teamspicy

18. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Vote GeneralHankerchief

This inkling that you've awoken in me feels a bit stronger right now than my Cuth feeling

19. Zack

Zack Squib

Wolfy post, my liege.

20. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Very baffling opinion, sir.