1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Zack

Zack Squib

The subtle undercurrent of needing someone else's permission before you vote GH... you done goofed.

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

So you're saying that because Newcomb started out /not/ writing a mega-post and instead did something different, Miner called him 90% town? That's the part that's getting to me - because I know Newcomb is a strong player as both alignments, and even though he says his wolf game isn't good I've personally been a victim of scum!Newcomb twice. So Newcomb is a player who I.. take care in reading, and would never declare a statement like "Newcomb is 90% town" off the bat. That's what is troubling me about Miner's statement. But then I read his two posts after that and he feels confident about his read. So I think it's maybe a problem of me projecting how I read Newcomb onto Miner when Miner has a totally different view of how to read Newcomb than me?

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You baffle me.

Obviously, I can see you not asking as many questions because people are posting more. I figured out that possible answer based on some other shit you were saying and asked you about it. I think you're not reading my posts at all.

I had assumed you hadn't changed up your play to not get shot in that game, because you blatantly towny, the top poster and driving the lynch. Fair point, I guess?

I don't understand why asking questions and providing conclusions would be easier for wolf!you than just providing conclusions.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Side note:
    Bruh. I'll go after other scumreads when I want to. Prompting is not necessary.

4. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Not sure what you're getting at tbh. He said something I agreed with when i thought about it, so i voted GH since that felt stronger than whatever i felt around Cuth, especially since i'd lost a little of the feeling around there since earlier. How is that needing permission again?

5. fontisian

Like, with Zack, I asked "Oh, so you're doing this because x? Is that right?"

And he goes "WHY CANT YOU SEE THAT I'M DOING THIS BECAUSE X."

Does not compute.

6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Vira, just letting you know I saw the follow-up post to my reply. I'm gonna tune out because work tomorrow. Expect me back with a reply in ~20hrs.

7. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Yeah, well. My opinion I was trying to get at there doesn't take into account if I think it's reasonable for Miner to think Newcomb is 90% town for not starting out with a wall-post. It just says that it doesn't matter if Newcomb's post was Copy-pasta or not, which is what some people had trouble with about Miner. Get me?

8. Zack

Zack Squib

I've already posted as much or more as I did in that whole game lol. I was the top poster because, again, the game was super inactive and barely anyone was playing, and I was basically forced to try and get people going. I seriously don't get why you would give a single shit about that game, it was a completely different environment. If you care that much about my meta, go read some other games instead of that one. Dyachei suggested Allomancy Mafia a few pages back.

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

SS explain to me why you liked my 425? It was just a explanation of my weak Vira read from early game.

I actually soort of like this from Jarizok if I squint. I agree that catch-ups are easier to fake as scum than real time interactions so Jari pointing this out and being.. careful to townread people for it is pretty astute?

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Vaguely wolfy bristle.
    Seeing if there's something he has to defend against or if he can just brush it off.

11. Zack

Zack Squib

The way you phrased it was slightly different...

"So, you saying you're not asking as many questions this game because it's not necessary with people actually posting?"

Emphasis mine. I thought the implication was that, I'm saying that but you think it's bullshit. Otherwise why even include that part.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It just came off to me as "oh, a villager suggested this, now I can go after GH."

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Just something about the way you're working into the thread.
    Might be chalked up to you being away awhile. You're coming off an extended break, yeah?

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah I get you SS. I appreciate your opinion on the situation.

I am having trouble finding people who I think are scum this game.

Gonna take a short break on the catchup, will resume from GH's copypastas.

14. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Scott looks.... like he's played more than one game in the past? But I really like him from that exchange? Vira's first ISO of him felt mildly busyworky, but don't mind the rest. Thinnest of v reads to her, moreso to Scott.

15. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    It had some depth to it, explaining your thoughts around her at different times with things changing, and it felt pretty thoroughlyexplained like you'd really thought these things. Then it ended in a little unexpected way in my eyes, because i had the feeling it wouldn't end with a townread after the first parts etc. But overall a small + in my book

16. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Also, the shoebill gif was on point, and I don't see what you're seeing with SS, Zack.

17. fontisian

I said that because I was trying to figure out what you were saying. I included a "genuinely trying to figure this out" to make that abundantly clear. I do not understand how you could read the whole post and come to your conclusion.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah its little things like the one I pointed out where she tipped her hand instead of questioning a relationship. I don't really know Stanari but her process is, like, too open.

19. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Calling me a villager? How divine.

[​IMG]

20. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Alright i guess, that's pretty lvl 1 wolfing in that case, and I assure you i would know how it would look if I'm a wolf here. Not saying that makes me town, but if I'm a wolf, that's a level 3 play, and not level 1 :p