1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The way he tried to get a read on Miner without breaking the gimmick was prettt towncomb.

2. .113

.113 Squib

Yeah im not as sober as I usually am right now, ill catch up tomorrow. I had a whiskey accident

3. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

One of those accidentally drank the whole bottle nights eh?

Villagery. You get a pass for now.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    When I'm playing offsite, it almost always takes me a while to warm up. Pretty sure this is not alignment indicative, but I've never really been able to test it as a wolf.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Going to start reading the game now. I'll try to break these up for ease of reading.

Think this is moderately indicative of Proph/Vaimes not being w/w. It doesn't show it in the quote, but in the third quote there Proph is directly quoting Vaimes' post there. I feel like if they're w/w here, Proph responds to the vote with like - escalation? Or ignores it? Or flips it and takes it seriously? This is like, the joke/complete brushoff. Just trying to get into Proph's head here it pretty strongly feels like if he were a wolf with Vaimes it doesn't quite happen like this, as like, their very very first interaction in the game.

It's a tiny thing I'm not sure I can fully articulate, but I'm squinting ever so lightly at the tacked on last sentence. It feels like, ever so slightly too much, like it's an off the cuff gotcha but then it has this element of being constructed and yeah meh, too small to bother with probably.

___

Vira/Zack also very unlikely to be w/w for that early interaction. In particular I don't think Vira would post this:
    to a partner. Just like... shade for no reason with no bite to a partner, not seeing it.

Also yeah that spat over the "do you know what RNG is" comment, yeah that's way too off the cuff, genuine, and not hyperbolic to be w/w. Pretty sold on this one I think.

Whoever said - think it was fonti? - that wolf!Vira would think this constitutes rolehunting and would be weary of making a post like that, I agree with that read. It's not, like, out of the realm of possibility that wolf!Vira just like, didn't even think of that (I've gotten bit by reads like this before with Vira intentionally vs. not intentionally doing something), on balance I think it's +town for her.
    Mrgle. Mixed on Proph's early response to pressure. I think on balance his Vira aside - just like, offhandedly getting in the townread - makes Vira pretty likely to be town if Proph's a wolf here. I think if Proph's a wolf, in the first 150 posts or so he's probably rattled a little but not showing it and kind of brushing things off, like he's... confident, to a certain extent, but I don't think he ever throws down a village read on a partner without making a big show of it - something he'd maaaaaybe do if he was really feeling his oats, but like. Point of the point, I think it would almost feel like a small pressure release valve to throw out a correct v read on someone, and then be able to talk about it with the security blanket of it being right. Rather than like, on top of the pressure he's under already, throw down something he has to just make up shit about and risk getting called on it and also exposing a partner. It's a bit of a level-y read but yeah.

Independent of the Vira thing, yeah, mixed on Proph himself. Some of his early game hits those "I'm helpful!" wolf markers (like going into a decent amount of detail about the CPhoya thing), and the stuff that was pointed out about his RVS being a little awkward is reasonable-ish. I kiiiinda feel like he'd have really changed gears as a wolf - that, or just lurked for a while - but I haven't read what he's done since then so I'll keep an eye on it.

7. .113

.113 Squib

Friend Came from out of town, surprised visit, we had fun but can't say ive been following the thread. Ill catch up though.

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Its your copy pasta reactions. Liking Vira for her fast reaction is mediocre at best. A simple off the cuff reaction isn't anything scum would shy away from, especially Vira. As well the stated difference between her and miner is.. like what. The difference is non-existent unless you have some weird scum swear more tell. Then you have the Zack post which is padding to the extreme. "Man that gets joke responds in obvious fashion. NAI."

Further on you get further into miner with some genuine content that you dislike and content on Vira that you like but that just raises flags. You propose the pasta reactions as your new tool but the 'reads' are dependent on other interactions. At best it makes me think your reads are feeding into each other through confirmation bias. My gut is saying you're trying to inflate weak reads.

General question to thread, I find drunk posting scum indicative. Does anyone disagree?

9. .113

.113 Squib

Me?

I find it interesting you would say that though

10. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I have an opinion on this, but I'm asleep so I can't say.

But I disagree. Drunk posting is indicative of access to a device connected to the interwebs for the poster.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    I started typing when GH asked for specifics and wasn't keeping up with thread so.. maybe? let me catch up.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I think that depends on the poster.

13. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Yeah, I disagree. I don't base my drinking on games and I don't really base my posting on whether I'm drinking or not regardless of alignment. Don't really imagine others varying wildly on this. Why do you think it is?

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Nope not you 113. I'm talking when people are making serious posts + they've made it aware they were drinking.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I can't even tell what way this goes, but I seem to be in the towniest tier

16. .113

.113 Squib

:)

Also I just checken in, saw about 30 more pages than before and felt like I want ed to say if anyone had questions for me specifically they should @ me because it might be hard to catch up at Times.

I wouldn't have said anything if i hadnt been asked for opinions very fast, so thought its better to be honest than just disappear and Maybe provoke a later mislynch for stupid reasons.

Also I never lie about what im doing off site because its nai anyways.

17. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Lol'd hard.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Lol Newcomb tried to use this on me one time.

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

As in, maybe I'm pocketing Proph by calling him an ally when other people ate voting for him.

Suburb's "everyone calm down" didn't feel particularly warrented at the time, reminds me of what I did in the game you're thinking about. Also, he claimed to be relieved to be dobe with the gimmick and able to solve nornally, but it hasnt really felt like he's jumped in as hard as he could. I haven't read the whole thread, though.

20. Koalas

High Score:
    Town requires thought, drunk town knows they no thinkie so good, so they step back. Scum want to appear laid back, so they post, WINEing would I risk scumslipping like this, etc. I saw a player here do it years ago and its always raised flags since.