1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    You should figure it out. Then, get back to me.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    [​IMG]

By popular demand, some annoyingly nonspecific reads.

Vira - Tone/the particular way she's doing stuff. Also I kind of liked her giving me space to poke Vaimes.
    Scott - I think the way he pushed me was very...ingenuous, I guess?
    Newcomb - something something copypasta something something copypasta reads something something I don't really know what I'm doing but I feel like the way he was doing the copypasta thing was town.
    Zack - I've mellowed on the scumread mostly because he seems to have relaxed a bit and I can kind of see glimmers of town now.
    Street - I like their approach a little bit but it's meh and not that hard to fake?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Huh.

I forgot to put Sooh oh my list.

I am smart.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think this is maybe potentially a w/w interaction? Glancing over it at first I was kinda leaning the other way, but there's something that feels... not scripted, but like, aggressively ignoring what's happening around them to have this little weird dance with each other. Is fishy.

I wouldn't like, auto-lynch the other if one flipped red, but I'd absolutely hold their feet to the fire.

Not super liking Proph's lack of scrutiny about the people pushing him. I can kinda see town!Proph trying to Apply Mafia Lessons and shit, but surface level it looks like he skipped the step where he has any kind of paranoia/suspicion that the people pushing him are wolves, especially considering he's been mislynched a few times on DLP. (Those those are fairly old games at this point.)

Despite these minor dings on Proph he doesn't.... /feel/ like mafia to me. I'm trying to identify where this feeling is coming from and I think at a basic level it's like, Proph gets hyped by playerlists. He's one to really pay attention to who's a part of the MU ELITE, so to speak. I think if Proph rolled wolf in this game specifically he'd either fold like a cheap card table (least likely) or go ham and really try to dazzle. This is the middle ground, and it feels a lot more like town!Proph kind of like, not quite in step or sync and off balance but ehhh.

Yeah this would be super super carefree for an inexperienced wolf. Maaaaaybe could be coached, but the people in this game who'd do that level of hand-holding are like... uh... Proph, maybe? Fonti? Maaaaybe Vira but I feel like it would come out differently. Eh it's too small a thing to really be coached. ATP or Regfan or someone like that, maybe, but we don't really have a type like that in this game.

I'm going to be kinda tilted if YeahVoxx endgames as a wolf here. Like, that is a really good line, and props for making it as a wolf if he did. I can't even quite bring myself to wolfread it but I want to.

Kind of a minor point but small townpoints for having that thought; it's one of those details that it sometimes doesn't even occur to wolves to remember to fake, though Zack's obviously extremely experienced, hence the "small".

I can understand that read but I don't... quite agree with it. I've seen tom do that, where it's more about appearances, and to me this feels more playful than constructed.

Hm, I'm going to backtrack on the Stanari/Miner potentially w/w thing. It's getting long/nuanced enough where it feels like it can't possibly be constructed.

I kind of don't love this from Scott? The first bit matches his general kind of confusion / trying to sort things out that I'd expect from a newer player, but the fact that it's followed up with a vote is a little hrmgle.

Like, it's kind of textbook "pushing on something that looks bad vs. pushing on something that actually makes someone likely to be a wolf".

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Can I ask why you called the post delicious?

5. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I feel like you missed some reads. Just a feeling though

6. Zack

Zack Squib

Am I?

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Aorn:
    I usually find you scummy and currently don't and Idk if thats enough for a townread or really if it's anything but me getting used to you but yeah.
    You can consider yourself the lightest possible townlean. Null-adjacent.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think you forgot more than that.

8. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    So here's something that's bugging me. Beck or whoever scumread me with almost no reasoning and several people seem to have just sheeped that. I'm not saying I'm particularly towny, but someone is going to have to tell me why they are putting me low tier or scum-reading me. If it's Beck, well, he almost always has a hard time getting a good read on me. But Stanari placing me that low was a bit of a surprise and I want to understand how she's making that read.

9. Zack

Zack Squib

What's your read on Beck?

10. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Get ready frand.

11. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I don't know yet. I have a slightly good feeling based on having similar thoughts in going through the earlier part of d1. However, I also know that I've been fooled before.

12. Zack

Zack Squib

Okay, but who do you mean by Beck? He's not actually in the game. :p

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    @Newcomb Looks like you're leveling yourself on some of that.
    Like, he hasn't folded like a cheap card table. He's gamely making posts and shit.
    But your assessment of "roll over or dazzle" just doesn't sound right. Sure he'd want to dazzle, but proph is a realist. Especially if some of his buddies were "mu elite" he'd just want to survive as long as he can and not leave clues to his buddies and that just looks exactly like how he's playing here.
    Or:
    Like, how is noobtown Scott supposed to know the difference between those things?

14. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    The person identifying themselves as Beck. Whether or not that's who it is is besides the point.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I identify as an attack helicopter.

Please refer to me as such in all future posts.

16. Zack

Zack Squib

The person who copy-pasted Beck posts? YVTN?

17. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

[​IMG]

18. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Will do. Also, yes, Zack.

Vote: Attack Helicopter

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Didn't you already make this joke when math blade got banned for a day?

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Um.

It sounds nice and has a lot of stuff in it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's my null tier.