1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Was kind of hoping for more. Like why Miner is town.

2. Zack

Zack Squib

tom, if it makes you feel better, I think you're fun and eye candy.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I don't really care. I think scum!miner might have thought giving a strong townread on you after he got called out on giving a bad strong townread Newcomb would look scummy.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Emil is Swedish.
    Tyvn is talkyeahvoxxnow or whatever.

And yes lots of super nai posts imo.

5. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Emil is swedishskumbag or SS

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

Wait, @dyachei have I played with scum!you?

I appear to have forgotten.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    It does actually.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

It's okay, you can be your weird self next game!

And I'll lynch you I promise :)

9. Zack

Zack Squib

:)

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    OK was the read well reasoned?
    Obviously you think it's wrong since you're scumreading me but you agree with his approximate premise since you're calling me boring.
    So, like, I think that was the best post he's made this game you think he's town give an opinion.

11. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    No. Not ever.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I've played with scumdyachei but she flipped town.

13. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    :|

14. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Why are they NAI? I think Suburb has been pretty town so far.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Meh. I don't.

16. fontisian

I really, really don't care.

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Vote fonti
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cuz, like, you really should.

18. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

As a general question: Would it be a more productive use of my time if I fully catch up, all 600+ posts or so, and then attempt to real-time interact, or should I just skim through stuff and then real time interact the best I can? I like the precision fully catching up gives me, but I do not like to be perpetually stuck in catch-up mode because I chose to spend an evening away from the computer, which is how I've felt most of today.

I didn't put down a pasta, I was referring to the pasta I put down G2 of wildcards.

GH: Can you tell me why you think looking at the copypastas would be a good jumping off point to catching up with the game? I'm really struggling to see how you're going to get real actionable reads with this. Like, for example, take Vira's "wat". I feel like she would have reacted that way as either alignments, because regardless of what alignment she is, she's reacting with confusion over a big post. Like, explain to me why reacting with confusion to a big copypaste is townie, is what I guess is what I'm trying to say.

19. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Zack/tom less likely w/w from this whole series of exchanges?

A lot of people jumped at this, which kind of surprised me (and might’ve made me laugh little). HI STAN! xD

Still laughing (also I kinda like this).

Like this response, feels like it could be coming from a town mindset.

I feel like she could be lightly noob purity / confusion reading there, or the like?
    @ Stan

Just don’t expect the one-liners to stop, hue.

More seriously, Stan is a waiting game, imo.

If she’s town, she should eventually show it well.

Aside: okay, am assuming you’re from MU at least (and possibly champs spec discord chat?)

20. fontisian

Here's some things:
    Common wolf approach to the beginning of the game when they're weirded out by a bunch of villagers pushing a villager. No real reason for town!Zack to post this, as it defends Proph when he doesn't have a read on Proph.

I feel like scum!Zack likes to know he's on top of the post count. Town!Zack might use it to check on people and see top posters, but not that early. Not alignment indicative, the people who town read him off of it are dumb.

Strongly dislike this accusation on Tom. "Why'd you bother to give a townread unless it was for sure!" No.

This assessment is meh at best.

No. This read makes no sense and is impossible to defend against.

This was against the Scottpress post, which I thought was extremely genuine. Calling it overblown feels like a meaningless attempt to throw mud.

The first part is fine, but calling out Stanari for defending someone who scumread her and claiming that's scum is dumb.

Asking why Vira has asked a question before it was answered. I think town!Zack would have waited for Scott to answer and then seen what Vira did with it, especially when he previously stated a suspicion of Scott, instead of immediately undermining the question for no reason.

The first part feels like an ingenuine attempt to show a detailed thought process, when there's really not much of thought process at all. It's literally just "this is kind of right, but it could be pandering" x2.

The second part is just a blatant attempt to scream he's town to everyone, for no real reason.

"Let's ask more pointless questions to complain about a pointless question." Note that Vira's question was not pointless, but rather an attempt to figure out how a player she wasn't familiar with was approaching the game, and that this was obvious.
    I've gone into detail on this already, but I'll just repeat that this is a ridiculous point premised on the idea that I was attacking him for being different, when his opening post simply said he was going to try to spam less and that's completely unrelated to his content based posts.

I can kind of see this push on Fable, but I also think it makes a lot of sense for Fable to be trying to talk to Newcomb about some weird point he's making from Fable's pov, and that straw manning it as being unrelated to the game is false and mud slingy.

Again, already got into this. "Pretty silly" isn't a reason. Needlessly over-aggressive/abrasive wasn't what I was doing here or really what I was doing in my previous game with him. And saying I hadn't much like 12 hours into the day, when he was aware that I was asleep for most of them, is, again, mud slingy.

I disliked the argument with Miner, but that's personal.
    Here, people who played with me a fair bit are trying to talk to Zack about my meta and he's not thinking about at all but rather dismissing it out of hand.

Wolf thought process. He's wondering why GH seems so scummy because he knows GH isn't on his team.

And so on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That post contains the majority of Zack's actual solving attempts up to the point, and they are consistently hollow.