1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Font, is there anything about Zack you like this game?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

He had some points later on that were ok, iirc. I kind of like the suspicion on GH. That's basically it.

3. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Note to self: nightkill this guy.

4. fontisian

Right. I'm going to take Miner's vague read on you and you confirm that yes, he's totally right and you're totally town as something valuable. I'll go back to it after the game if you do flip town. I don't care about it until then.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That should be "confirming."

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    You can have some townpoints for this.

6. Zack

Zack Squib

I'm only partway through this wall. So far it seems like creating a narrative to fit bizarro conclusions to make every post look bad in a way I don't know how I can really defend myself from. I mean, you scumread me for not asking enough questions, and your first point is "town!Zack has no reason to ask this question" which is just silly. Why the fuck not? I thought Proph's opening post was completely NAI and didn't understand why so many people were calling it out, you characterizing that as LITERALLY MAKING NO SENSE EXCEPT FROM A WOLF POV is ... lol?

7. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Wall posts are wolfy.

Vote: fontisian

Okay, I kid, I kid. I'll read em later.

8. fontisian

That's fair to the first part. I understand why it would be frustrating.

That kind of question is really different from what I meant with that initial case, because it was open to everyone, if that makes sense. You weren't specifically prodding anyone for anything, or, say, asking a voter why they were voting exactly, but instead just broadcasting your confusing and probably not actually expecting an answer.

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Something something inability to scumread newbs.

I didn't check but I think at the time, the suss he was getting was for stuff that was perfectly within newbtown range?

10. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Making a snack, will read over the wall in detail afterwards. Toodles.

11. fontisian

Like, when I said right now "man, I don't get why people are scumreading Stanari" I'd give like 30% of anyone actually answering me.

12. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

I'm newbtown. Clear me. Clear me.

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Despite GH's overall weirdness with how he is deciding to focus on the copypasta and base his D1 around it, I respect that he is trying to expand his range/approach to solving (mainly replying to 726 here).

I know I'm probably coming across as awkward (Day 1, big game with lots of names, struggling to keep up) but can you quote some posts that specifically give you this impression? And what do you think my awkwardness means for my alignment?

14. fontisian

If I said that.

I'm done for the night. I'm so actively annoyed with the voxx faker that it's messing up the way I write. Ping me if you need me.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Declined.

16. Zack

Zack Squib

What would you even be annoyed about?

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I actually ask "why are we scumreading X" type questions all the time.

It is actually not very effective, though.

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm tired, I'll do the rest of the ISOs another time when I'm simultaneously not at work and bored. I feel like these came out bad but w/e.

Prophy ISO

This ISO feels weird. Prophy asks a lot of questions but I feel like there isn't a ton of follow up so it feels like he's asking questions just to fill time just a bit? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE on the post where he tries to apply a MU article to 113, last time I saw someone try to do that was wolf!jumpluff I think. That just feels super contrived to me and feels super bad. I don't know if wolf!prophy tries to interfere with ???!fonti's tunneling of zack? I think that varies much from vary much from person to person whether or not they do that as a wolf and don't know prophy well enough to come to a conclusion on that. Probably leaning on the wolfier side of null for prophy. I feel like stanari's GH read of "look at me a villager doing village things" applies to prophy more as his posts don't feel very authentic to me and the 113 stuff bothers the shit out of me.

Koalas ISO

As far the koalas stuff on me goes I think I like it. I feel like he really only questioned me on it after being pushed on not doing it previously which makes it less good but I still feel like he would have used my change in playstyle as a reason to push me without needing prompting as a wolf? Other stuff, I like him following up on his GH pressure because I don't remember him following up on anything as a wolf in WH8. That's kinda all he's done so I would like koalas to do more stuaff and/or things but I have a village lean on him atm.

Scott ISO

I don't understand the stanari progression? Or lack thereof? I feel like that vote happened way too fast as well as the strength of it. The "asking how I'm defensive would be defensive so I won't question your accusation of me" feels a little too self-aware for my liking as well. Slowly switch over to wolf reading Vira also seems not great. Not feeling good about his coyness toward 113 either. There is sort of a lostness in scott's tone that makes me think that maybe this really is all just new player confusion. Overall seems very focused on just stanari and vira and that reads as wolfy to me regardless of experience level.

19. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

My amazing avatar.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm tired and basically falling asleep so apologies if I get a little unhinged in the course of this post.

Miner: agendaless and shiptoasty. I'm pretty sure he just suggested this was a bad read. I should probably look at some meta to check that, but I cannot presently be bothered. I like that he suggested that it was a bad read but I don't really think that's alignment indicative either. The part where he spent like four posts saying hi to me was weird, honestly, but I don't think it's out of the realm of being town, and also I still think his SOD posting was good, so meh.

"But Stanari! What about his Newcomb read?"

To that I say, I need sleep before I deal with that. But I don't think it makes it impossible for him to be town, and therefore toanreads > everything.

Proph: I liked the article reads, although I think I picked that up from fonti by accident. Not sure I really follow most of the scumreads on him, either.

However, this is a post that exists:
    Admittedly I don't actually know Proph very well, but it seems like an odd thought?

Scott: I feel like his posting, while still in the range of newb scum, is pretty far from the range of posting I would expect from newb scum? I dunno, I am historically biased when it comes to newer players lol. The push on me feels solid, I guess. Maybe this is a tone thing and I'm a sucker because it's hard to articulate a precise reason that I like his pushes.

Fable: perfectly capable of kicking my ass as scum, but I like the way he's posting (someone said relaxed, I think?); isos seem pretty sound so far. Don't think I can say a lot about him.

Tom: I...liked how he responded to me flailing at reading. Lol. Also there's some other responses that are good I guess.

Newcomb: something something awaposting, something something still trying to get Miner's alignment out of it?

113: okay I'm going to try to articulate this better despite the fact that I can't words anymore.

Last time I played with 113, he was scum and I was town. He got pushed heavily by a conftown before she died, and I came into the next day ready to camp out on him. 113 then proceeded to derp something I was pretty sure he would have been discussing as scum. This eventually got him out of the lynch.

Having seen the effectiveness of this strategy as its beneficiary, I think it makes a lot of sense for him to be overly paranoid about derpclears as town, to the point where he jumps on any perceived dumbtells. It's still possible he's doing it as scum (possibly with a side of appeal to paranoia?), but I think that's less likely.

Jari: it's Jari, I guess? Said some stuff that pinged as town but I still have no idea how to read them.

Street: I kind of want to tone townread him but that seems like it's just inviting disaster.

Vira: something something I like her tone and probably other things she did but even blasting music is barely keeping me awake at this point so yeah I'm done rambling for the night.

PPE: lol Fable and I read the exact same thing and came out with opposite reads