1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

(Again, not a question you actually care about.)

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I am going to do other stuff for a while. Will keep an eye on the thread for stuff (Tsaiah posts? :O) but if you want me to actually respond, please yell at me.

3. Zack

Zack Squib

How could you possibly fucking know that?

You randomly declare he's pissing you off SO MUCH that you have to leave the thread. I have no clue why, so I asked. You are ridiculous.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Fluff’s EXTREMELY ACCURATE VOTAL

GH (3): Swedish, Cuth, Stanari
    Proph (2): Vaimes, Jarizok
    Koalas (2): Koalas, Proph
    Stanari (2): Scott, GH
    Fonti (2): tom, yeav
    Dyachei (1): Fable
    Zack (1): fonti
    Fable (1): dyachei
    Tom (1): Newcomb
    Miner (1): Revenant
    Yeav (1): .113
    Scott (1): Vira
    Newcomb (1): Zack
    .113 (1): weiyaoli

Abstain (3): Tsaiah, Sooh, Miner

12 to soft lynch, 18 to hard lynch

@dyachei, since attack helicopter is not on the player list, I have not counted that vote. If you believe this is in error, please revote correctly

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay, who do you think are Zack's partners?

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I am having like, severe trouble concentrating and focusing on catching up on this game.

@Vira - I'm reading your Scott case and I'd like to engage with you about it, because at the moment Scott's my top townread and I am confused at why we are getting this bifurcation in reads.

1. You made the fluff/content ratio and you noticed that Scott's ratio is similar to here as in Hannibal Mafia, and he was town in that game. Yet, you are still scumreading him. Was this an attempt for you to show that you went into this ISO with an open mind?

2. I'm still kind of confused as to why you specifically think he is scum? I'm reading your post 839, and (bear with me - I didn't look up your earlier posts for your concerns with Scott) but your concerns in the post are:

a. The frown
    b. Fencesitting
    c. Talking to the room at large feeling fake
    d. Writing in weird vague statements that he takes back

And you even mentioned that there was some townie stuff from him. My question is, is your vote on him more of an attempt to figure him out, or is it a full-blown actual scumread? Because looking at your reasoning in that post it doesn't FEEL like a full blown scumread, especially since your reasoning seems kind of scant?

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Swedish maybe. I don't see how this is relevant when I don't even know Zack's mafia.

8. Zack

Zack Squib

I don't actually think doing point-by-point refutations of a wallpost is all that useful, since it's likely not actually going to change anyone's mind (if they even read it), but that last post was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm sick of your bullshit.

My responses are in bold. That's right, I re-enabled the rich text editor for this shit. Unfortunately this site doesn't nest quotes at all, so you might have to pull up the original wall to fully understand the context.

--- Post automerged ---
    Fucking priceless.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Taking a long break from the thread.

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sort of like Zack saying this:
    Don't realllllly think that he takes into account that bias read on GH if Zack is a wolf? Like, getting to that point requires a lot of trying to put himself into a townie mindset and he'd had to go intentionally out of his way to fake it.

Yes, but my point is that I want you to disengage from Zack a bit and focus on other players in this game. There are 23 players in this game. Literally everything you've been doing so far is "fighting with Zack" and reading you fight with Zack and Zack fight with you is extremely tiring to read and so far it's the only thing you've done that has left an impression on my brain. Can you, like, focus on other players a bit and leave Zack alone for a while? It'll make you way more readable and even if Zack is mafia there are probably five other players who are scumbuddies with him, and I'd like to see you try to catch them instead of quotewarring with Zack.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Basically, my point is is this: Other players are sick and tired of seeing fonti vs Zack. Zack's tired of fonti vs Zack. I bet fonti is tired of fonti vs Zack. Literally everyone is tired of fonti vs Zack.

Can we just stop this for a little bit and have both of you talk about other things?

10. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Responses in bold. Not sure you'll get much out of it.

I think we're approaching this from two different angles that aren't likely to join up. My reservations on Zack are based on different things.

I think some part of his posts/reactions are definitely based around peoples approach to him which is worth noting, but there has been a lack of in depth solving/true thought process that has been worrying me a little, he can talk the talk forever, but I need to see a little more walk personally.

I think a lot of your stuff comes across as confirmation bias, as is the nature of any of these kind of cases, you've got your opinion and you're painting it, essentially.

Thanks for going through it anyway, I'll keep your thoughts in mind.

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Explain why you lightly like her? Haven't seen her post much content aside from the "I do not like copypastas and I am grumpy" post.

o_O did YVTN and Zack both give different responses in bold?

12. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

I kinda sympathise a lot with Zack here tbh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think in any event it'd take something pretty damning to get me to lynch my boy today (especially given how others are posting ITG), and I'm not really there or super close to it yet.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wolfchat teamwork strikes again.

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm at post 1000, gonna take a quick break and then finish these last 300 posts.

14. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Vote: Prophylaxis

Amrock's catchup tell never fails.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Another thing of note... we're only 24 hours or so into the phase. Some of the reads being thrown around when we're just over a third of the way done with D1 are ludicrous.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Lolamrock.

Good thing I'm town this game, then, so I can foil his ridiculous tells.

16. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

I was thinking we softly keep pushing the fonti/Zack argument until one of them gets lynched. If we can keep them the main focus of the day, they'll either blow out or up and we'll be 'forced' to lynch one of them, and then the other one is going to get some serious side-eye after that. Plus it saves us a kill later down the line. Thoughts?

17. Zack

Zack Squib

Fake wolfchat reaction posts are so yesterday.

18. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Aww, let me have this one. :D

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

What? Based on what you're proposing we could be spending 2 days lynching them and getting very little out of it? Like, if they're w/w then wow, I'm shocked, but it's far more likely that it's v/w? Or maybe even v/v?

They're both high content players (at least fonti is when she tries, Zack apparently is based on this game so far). I think that we can get more out of them from later days. I think it's stupid to force a lynch on one today.

20. Zack

Zack Squib

Er, fake wolfchat post reaction tests.