1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Whoops, I manage to be away for like 35 pages again. Will catch up after the SKT/RNG match. Feel free to quote this post (rather you not mention me since that emails me instead) if there is anything in particular people want my opinion on/have a question for me for.

2. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Annnd I woke back up when I decided to see if anyone had responded.

Noted.

Thanks for the heads up! xD

And I’ve only been mislynched once ever, so better let ‘em know they got a fight on their hands. ;3

(Dammit. I don’t even know who you are, but I like you, and I don’t even mean that in an AI sort of way, at least I don’t think I do, but more in a I’m-pretty-sure-I-would-enjoy-playing-in-more-games-with-you way, which makes me very nervous.)

Also noted.

@ fonti What do you make of them essentially saying the same thing?

Laughing, but god will I be happier when I’ve got you sorted.

That was in reference to your reasons for a light tr on Vira? Sorry, that was before I realized nested quotes didn’t show up in multiquote.

I was thinking you were t om, with the space and the mustache--was I wrong? If so, I know we’ve played in at least Anni and XCOM together. :(

Okay, was mostly curious if you’d reevaluate any after that bit of discussion, since it sounded as if you had like, a History together. And what about fonti?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Now I'm going to bed and staying there.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Caught up though I probably internalized none of that. Assuming tsaiah isn't really keeping up with real time posts I like her mindmelding with me and the other stuff isn't bad either, tsaiah can have a village lean.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Boy, doesn't that sound familiar. :p

Your intro post felt scummy and I voted you for it. That's about it.

I pointed out the thing with Proph, and there was another person but I already forget. Hang on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, yeah, it was about Scott.

Also, yeah, "I think I gave legitimate enough reasoning for my vote to possibly prompt someone else to vote as well," is a very very alignment indicative sentence, here, I think. Like, imagine typing that as a relatively new player as either alignment. Makes perfect sense to type as town, like of course that could be a natural thought, but as a wolf you'd feel like... massively self conscious, I think. It would sound like "yes, the fake reasons I gave for that vote were probably good enough to get someone to vote with me."
    --- Post automerged ---
    blah blah could be fake-able, they could even be mafia together, but Scott's new-ish and could possibly crumble so I dunno if his buddies are necessarily gonna hop on the "oh yup Scott's town, moving on" train in case it derails.

Off to work. Please don't make me read another ten pages.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh @Prophylaxis I just remembered (also anyone else if they care, but Proph asked specifically so).

It's more reading, which you're probably not inclined to do, but I was oog-busy!scum in the first Mountainous game on here, so you can like. Cross-check this game with that. I certainly have no plans to ever read it again, so if you ask me questions about it, oops.

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

RIP RNG. :(

To keep myself sane in the almost 40 pages I missed, I'm gonna try out just picking one thing every 5 pages to write about. Hopefully that narrows my focus that I don't end up skimming over everything.

p36-40:
    The thing that stuck out was Stanari prodding people who have Zack townreads, in order to understand/challenge their slight suspicion (?) of Zack. I think they ignored my reply to their question though. In general, I like the idea of the approach, but the content of it mostly ended up talking about tone/meta so this is only a town-lean on Stanari that I've come out of that section with.

@Stanari - Have you written down your thoughts on Zack yet? Do you have an opinion on fonti whilst we're at it.

p41-45:
    I think Vira is probably the most interesting topic here. In terms of the fact that she was prodded for being ineffectual, I like the Scott case/analysis. However, doing something to combat the thing you were called out for is pretty much NAI since both town and scum Vira would want to improve their activity/thread engagement. Something to keep an eye on throughout the rest of the thread I guess.

In terms of their later engagement (the content there itself was ok), but I still don't like Scott who seems to be hedging their Vira read. Maybe it's just bias from my scummy feeling from him earlier, but that whole thing where he ends up neutral on Vira is eh.

p46-50:
    Rip. My vote disappeared again. @his fluffiness (#927). Also I'm apparently super forgettable in thread too.

My eyes have honestly glazed over GH posts so far. So that's someone I need to go back and look over after I catch up. Written here so I can be called out if I get lazy :p.

p51-55:
    I see Vira has pre-empted me somewhat in that GH overlook. I like the post overall, but some of her points again read as a little passive. I think overall so far, Vira has been fairly unmemorable to me. Is her vote still on Scott at this point and if so why? She weighs in on GH, who had a wagon start up for being performance-y? I don't think I've played with Vira before though so have no idea if this is her town play style or not. It's definitely different to that game where she bussed everyone and looked super town-y though.

Again, will come back to this and also look at the votes for GH too later.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Whoops, hit post a bit early there. Wanted to add to my question to Stanari why Zack is in the middle of their read list.

6. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    O
    This whole post feels very flow of conciousness, even at points where she doesn't really arrive somewhere. Especially like the bolded part.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I've just catched up some of today. Had to watch the SKT vs RNG as I saw you did too Wei ^^

But i read Fable's ISO's, and was left with an overall good feeling. His feelings around the Proph article thing felt real/towny, even though i don't agree with his thoughts. And his assessment that Scott's had a narrow (vira/Stanari) focus I can agree with. I don't necssarily think a newer player would have a broad focus as town, but it's definetly something i'll keep an eye on even more, because i remember several instances where Scott said something along the lines of "but Stanari is still my vote" or the like, when talking about someone else, which caught my eye.
    --- Post automerged ---
    When reading the thread, i also feel like yeahvoxx is a good influence on it. He bumps in at the right times, and asks good questions and keeps it flowing. Especiallly liked his longer comment to Fonti about her not following up the Zack read to grab people's attention enough compared to how she was talking about it.

Fonti's Zack case coming after at times felt like she believed it, but at times the things/facts she was saying just didn't line up with the strength of how she said them (hopefully you see what i mean). So gonna see how she continues on with it, but my townread isn't as solid as it was.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, i have a question @tsaiah

What alignment do you prefer and why?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I gotta leave now, will maybe be back late tonight (my time), like 7 hours from now maybe, but still won't have time to catch up until tomorrow, so we'll see

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Split up my post so that hopefully someone else acts as a post breaker since people hate reading wall posts. Okay, back to the re-read:

p56-60:
    Jari feels different to the last time I played with him? Like I incorrectly town read him in WH (after correctly being suspicious in the beginning :p, mostly for his interaction with tom to be fair), but his style starting out reads much less "needing to appear active/engaged to get townread" than that game. Lean town read of him. Think I have some reliable tells for him anyway later on, so gonna pay less attention here for now.

Not sure why Koalas managed to derail the thread to talk about drunk posting. I agree with SR here, totally NAI. But apart from that little sideline, I can sort of see where he's coming from re:GH?

p61-65:
    Wanted to talk about Stanari some more. Not too sure why they put out a readslist and then refused to label tiers until called out for it. However it seems to have at least generated a lot of discussion re:Stanari's reads. The thing I dislike the most though is that she's been the one prodding people about Zack, who then ends up as just null? I figure they must have some lean after all of that. (Ignore all that, I think he's actually a lean town read? I don't know, I'm now really confused about that read list)

I quite like Fable though. I think his bit where he got bored of not doing much and then started on ISOs is pretty genuine. I think I have more success at reading Fable through tone compared to interactions (let's forget the last game I played with him cheers) and that's leading me towards town!Fable.

p66-71:
    Oh this was actually the last section.

Souring a little on yeahvoxx. I like their activity and a large majority of their content. I think that bulk is fairly hard to fake. However, every now and again my first reaction is ??? to one of their posts.

Vote stays on 113 for now, since they weren't really around in the thread last night.

Ok, gonna be out for ~1 hour or so, taking a walk. Will come back and re-read GH after that. There's a couple of other people who have posted a fair bit but I've basically skimmed over so, will see where my GH re-read takes me.

8. .113

.113 Squib

Im gonna be honest, i won't be around much today either, still have visitors. Im trying to follow now and then but its much faster than i thought it would be. Hopefully tomorrow ill have more time

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I er, can't actually figure out how to ISO people on xenforo. I'll hunt around.

10. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I had to actually do workrelated things at work today instead of make a post for Proph. What has this world become.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Click the magnifying glass under people's avatars. Unless you're on mobile then you have to use the search function.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Magnifying glass under user profile stuff, or if you're on mobile, thread search by user.

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Thanks!

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Sigh.

Anyway?

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    REKY.
    --- Post automerged ---
    REKT

F U PHONE.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

@tsaiah yeah you have the gist of it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    LOL

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I read I read through SR and I don't have a read on him yet but I probably know his wolf game better than anyone so it'll be obvious to me later probably. I'll say I haven't seen any of the usual wolf tells yet however.

18. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Only 32 posts in the night?

Is this real life?

Or is it fantasy????

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This seems like a questionable read.

Explain.

Also rekt.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

We should probably lynch Kalas. He was super excited in the sign up thread, but has had a minimal presence even taking tine restrictions into account. He's still voting himself despite railing on GH for a while. His language (my gut reaction is saying you're trying to inflate weak reads)is strong enough that he normally would have placed a vote. Then, there were his drunk posting comments:
    .113 was the only drunk poster, so why brimg this up if he wasnt thinking .113 was scummy. Feels like he jusr said it to say it.