1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Hmm, wolf giving up on the Zack lynch, or townie focussing their on a more useful target?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll have you know I'm in the process of eating Subwaythis very moment, so ha!

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think Fable getting all flustered over the fonti or Fable w read is something he dies aa town, where he latches onto something really small and blows it up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The Zack lynch strikes me as unlikely today, so I'll just have to check him tonight.

3. Jarizok

S'all I asked.

Wudda been spicier if you'd selected the other option.

4. Zack

Zack Squib

Why would you check someone you're already strongly wolf-reading?

5. fontisian

The Zack lynch strikes me as unlikely today, so
    Nahh.

I don't need to redcheck scum!kalas to lynch him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hmm, that's the first time the software has betrayed me. Alas.
    --- Post automerged ---
    To find out if I'm right/lynch you if I am. Let's be real, normal fighting just makes people go "walls, ew."

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Thoughts about GH. Probably not gonna do a full post by post analysis - takes too long and I don't think people actually read those so:

The initial entrance I'm gonna ignore.

His pop in/catching up post after - his focus is interesting. Choosing to look at reactions to copy-pasta is NAI in itself. In terms of what he seems to get out of it though, it's a bit questionable. I get that he probably decided to do it before knowing what the results are likely to be, but doing all of that analysis to come out with fairly little read wise is strange.

I like his Miner and Newcomb read/section a lot out of all of it, but his whole section of analysis of reactions to his post only to end up with a lot of stuff that's apparently NAI is throwing up a little of a busywork signal. Again, not really alignment indicating on its own but something to keep in mind.

Tonally, I don't really have a good baseline of how he behaves as v/w etc... I like his casualness though. He doesn't seem too concerned about how he is likely to be viewed, like his response to Zack about being a jester for example.

In terms of what he actually says though, it's fairly low impact. Super inoffensive comments/tidbits as well as the conciliatory bit about not finding yeahvoxx's identity then going and making a post about it anyway is ??

Going back to the "maybe busywork" thread, I want to now say the reverse of whatever busywork is? (This barely makes sense in my own head so please ask if you want clarifications) Like, I've read all of his posts a few times in detail. But my impression of all of them is still basically null. Handles pressure well, but I'm really wanting to see a lot more from him soon.

@GeneralHankerchief

Specific interest:
    • His thoughts on fonti now that she's been around and posted about stuff that isn't about Zack.

7. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Simply put, he's been present, playing the game, pushing in areas where I think it's not uncalled for, going down reasonable paths, being solid and reasonable, and I see no real reason for him to be a wolf based on his behavior this game, granted, not knowing what he plays like the rest of the time.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I wasn't trying to blow it up just wanted to understand cuth's logic (there doesn't seem to actually be any) and people seemed to take exception to that. I don't actually get why.

9. Jarizok

Why don't you tie the rope while you're at it!?

10. Zack

Zack Squib

I mean, if you already think I'm a wolf, find someone you're unsure on who's pretty likely to live through the night to peek.

If you really are the seer, suddenly doing a 180 on your read on me tomorrow basically outs you, and if it's just cover then you either have to pretend to townread someone you think is a wolf or claim a fake redpeek which is just awful mechanically. Also, I'm a villager and have the most posts, and most people townread me, so I'm probably one of the less likely people to live through the night anyways.

11. Jarizok

Maybe noose wudda been the better word. I've learned ambiguity is the bads.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    As far as I can tell, you are not lolcatting with words, which is probably the only way I ever get to a scumread on you by myself. Your posts sound good and you're doing towny stuff so I want to townread you but I'm pretty sure you can do Towny Stuff as scum too so that's not a good reason. I don't know you well enough to read you for things that are not doing Towny Stuff.

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Oh people all hopped off Newcomb? Did I make up the few votes he got? Will have to go back and check.

14. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    GUYS
    ARE
    YOU
    FUCKING
    INSANE

700 posts to catch up on. ffuuuuuuuuck meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

this gon take a while

15. Jarizok

I've got yo back tonight, no worries.

16. fontisian

I don't he's been very present. While his push on GH is fine, I don't think it's particularly alignment indicative for Kalas. Same thing for his reasonableness. This really does sound like strong enough reasoning for him to be one of your few townreads, and it implies that you see wolfiness in everyone you aren't townreading.

It's probably because I think Cuth jist meant he's thinking of both of us as scummy, no alignments or unalignments intended.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ok, I lied, that wasn't helpful to me. I do lol cat occasional as town, to, uh, not help you at all here.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    My process in most games can accurately be described as spaghetti.

18. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

He's not been active, but a quiet voice in the thread a good chunk of the time.
    A bit.

19. Zack

Zack Squib

Vomit on your sweater already.

20. fontisian

What specific things did you like from him? Also, would you mind addressing the scummy things I've pointed out about him?