1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Simple To Read. Postcount.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Why does drunk posting bekng a flag for others matter to you, specifically?

GH posted only on CP, and it was more obvious than the others. It seems weird that that's messing up your read of him.

@Newcomb .113 has a history of faling dumbtells about his partners. I definitely would not say that makes him and suburb unaligned.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ?

3. Zack

Zack Squib

If you're saying it's not simple because there's lots of posts ... you still had zero trouble coming up with simple reads, so my point stands.

Don't think the idea that lots of posts = not simple really holds, but that's a different conversation and not that important.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, caught up again.

I think to understand my play this game and in general, you’d need to see how I’ve sort of been declining in the last, oh, five games.

Like, I’m absolutely not gonna wave an oog don’t lynch me flag, but I have done nothing this game that is scum indicative for me. This can be easily checked, because literally all of my DLP scumgames are terrible. If you can skim one of them and think that I’m still scum here, by all means, I deserve to be lynched.

But as it stands, I’m only being voted by people who either have not played with me, or consistently fail to read me in general (looking at you, Jarizok).

Pre-emptivw defense in case I get run up while I’m gone again.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Are you implying that lazy, off the cuff townreads are likely to come from scum?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Because I do it every single towngame.

If I’m scum, I at least pretend to have good/better reasons. vOv
    --- Post automerged ---
    @fontisian

I kind of agree with the Koalas read, but him getting run up every single D1 makes me eh.

5. Zack

Zack Squib

I don't think I was implying anything, been pretty explicit how I feel about it lol.

6. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

There's lazy off the cuff townreads (which I am quite familiar with, read my ISO :p)

and then there's this:

Which doesn't really hit the bar for town hipfiring. Maybe its too many lazy reads to come from scum, but it isn't villagery.

I don't give a shit about your meta. You need to do villagery things in this game.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

? Attitude much? It was a genuine question.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean, I agree, but. Evidence is evidence is evidence. I’m not picky about how I read someone. I prioritize whatever I think is most likely to be accurate.

If you’re going to make presumptions about my play that contradict what I have done and/or am even capable of doing, I’m going to point out that it’s incorrect. If you don’t want to look at what I’m pointing to, well then fuck me. Try to get into my he’s instead of lobbing “u no town” from the sidelines, I promise it’ll be a lot more helpful for both of us.

8. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

I've not seen anything from any of your town reads that says this guy has thought about his reads. Yeah, sure, maybe they're light townreads or lazy reads, but there still needs to be something there.

You just skimmed a bunch of posts and threw out some names for townreads.

I wanna see some process, friend-o.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

he’s should be head, oops
    --- Post automerged ---
    I can do that later.

My play these days come from the perspective of “I can literally only dedicate three hours a day to this game,” so I focused on end results.

10. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Can you see how only focusing on the end result is pretty wolfy and why myself and others might come to the conclusion that you're a wolf then?

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am more than capable of clearing myself. I haven’t gotten mislybched in over (?) one and a half years for a reason.

I just. Can’t seem to do it when I’m constantly in catchup mode. Hopefully we’re over the main hurdle and posts will be a bit more manageable now.

12. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Vaimes. If I just keep scumreading you every game, I'm bound to be correct at some point. It'd be silly to give up now, after what, 4 games?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I personally can’t, because I do it all the time.

In general I sympathize with people playing with me for the first time. But not Jarizok, he never seems to learn.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I also think real-time interactions will be more beneficial to reading me, since I’m not retaining a lot of what I’m reading because skim city.

I have the day off tomorrow so I’m uh, willing to lose some sleep and have myself towncleared before morning. :)
    --- Post automerged ---
    god I need to disable smilies
    --- Post automerged ---
    I’m gonna try to stop talking about myself now because I’m never gonna shut up.

People can give me quests in the meantime, I’m out.

14. Zack

Zack Squib

No idea what you are referring to there with attitude. It was a genuine answer.

YVTN already responded with almost exactly what I was going to say anyways. Don't think this sort of defense is productive for you. Go more in depth on those villa reads and find some wolves.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

I got about halfway to a Vaimes townread before his self-meta post made me back off.

Like, Vaimes, even in our last game together when i SR you, i really don't remember you self-metaing. I remember it more being like, I'm town and you should know that I'm town or something before communication was cut off.

Have you ever even talked about your meta before in a game?

16. fontisian

Von, look at wei and swedish for me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So close, yet so far.

17. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah, because that's neeeeeever a thing town!Vaimes does.

18. fontisian

Oh, also, Von, any thoughts on Cuth's Kalas read?

19. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I tend to ignore Vaimes D1 tbh. Especially if he's been somewhat low activity (which I think has actually happened every time I've been in a game with him), he gets easier to read after D1. Though his reactions to pushes on him I think are pretty telling too.

Crashing out of the thread again until tomorrow.

20. Zack

Zack Squib

The guy is koalas. Feel like I'm going crazy.