1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

But what story do they tell, wei?

2. Zack

Zack Squib

I ... think this is sarcastic?

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You are correct.

4. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I mean, I don't think it's +ev to reveal that in this specific case? Given it's more of a role read than specifically his alignment.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh yeah that's me.
    Nice to see you again I guess...
    Were you town?
    --- Post automerged ---
    This strikes me as w/w with fonti a little, though I did like SS's thoughts on fable in this post.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't remember why I quoted this exactly except to say weiy is still super town and I like this whole series of catchup posts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is a good read on fable...
    Not sure it applies to sr

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because Kalas' Drunk Tell isn't an article on mafiascum?

It's not.. just that. It's spending a significant portion of my initial read thinking YVTN was serious about his Seer post and getting seriously frustrated when I figured out he was joking about it. Then GH's. Then Newcomb's that had me staring at the screen trying to figure out exactly what he trying to do with it. I'm just trying to get out of my own head about the stupid copy pastes and focus on what's really there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What's me now?

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Fable v
    But one of fonti/fable w
    So shouldn't that be a scumread of fonti?
    --- Post automerged ---
    OK so I have a massive vaimes-shaped blind spot (except that one time I caught him in 6 posts when he was in that weird spec chat with alignments thing) but I kind of like this/think it might make vaimes scum.
    :shrug:
    --- Post automerged ---
    Really like this from Stan.
    Letting others opinions dictate your reads is, like, scummy in a vacuum but I like the way she went about it here.

8. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This post is going to be kind of scattershot collection of thoughts, written up as I read the thread.

Something in particular that caught my attention. Could be said that I’ve been tunnelling Stanari too much, but I feel vindicated.

There was a bit of an argument between GH and Stanari between #1000 and #1100. Stanari gave what I thought was a flippant, joking response to the dayvig question and GH asked why Stanari would shoot him, since this equates to a top scumread. Stanari seemed to backpedal on that, like she didn’t want to commit and I agree that she could have given a better answer to GH’s followup. I can see where GH’s Stanari vote came from. I could also see this being Stanari/GH w/w.

Stanri otoh just responded with this:

Then there was this in #1032

Feels like deflection. Meanwhile I look at you @Stanari and I’m thinking "hey look at this wolf trying to do townie things".

Fits right in with Stanari’s pattern of noncommittal posting. Bare minimum of engagement. Her #1082 looks like something, but there’s aren’t even simple indicators like "town", "scum" at the bottom/top of the read list to indicate who’s supposed to be town and who’s supposed to be wolf on that list. Lazy IDGAF town, in which case maybe subs should be utilized, or she’s trying to play into some image she thinks town should be projecting, and failing. I don’t like it. She’s not doing much and what she is doing is mostly reactive and not contributing to solving the game.

Clarified reads in #1162 and #1184 but only after being pushed. Woke up in #1300 - considering she was active (but with lackluster posts) since game start, I found that a bit late to start caring when there are players who’ve posted less but done more with their posts imo.

At this point she’s my top scumread, and given that I’m not sure of any other scumreads, I would like to see her being the first lynch.

Now, GH…

I found this post, eh, odd. Kinda standoffish. Won’t reply? Zack also pointed this post out in #1076. I looked at his interaction with Stanari more with Stanari in mind. I’ll have to take a closer look at GH, but that post raised an eyebrow.

@yeavoxxtalknah, I like your #1071 (your reasoning about Vira) and I agree with it. This solidifies my read of you as town.

Related, I looked back at @Vira’s ISO of me and the followup and, paired with voxx’s observations about you, makes me inclined to townread you as well.

Streamlined reads so far. No opinion yet on those not listed - and if you have a problem with me not giving reads on everyone, that’s fine. To that I say, I don’t have eidetic memory. So please take what’s here and don’t press me for the rest because that’s all I got so far. More skimmed than read the last 200 posts because fuck me, so might have missed things.

Town: Vira, yeavoxxtalknah

Leaning town: Koalas (from reading the thread, seems to be Doing Things?), Newcomb (I find late entrance into the game NAI, copypasta was ehhh because I didn’t know wtf was happening, but w/e, then started being productive), Fable (mini-ISOs make some observations I found useful)

Neutral: Jari, tom, Miner, fonti & Zack (I was actually leaning town on Zack and scum on fonti, but after further consideration became less sure of each till they ended up in the middle)

Leaning scum: GH (like I said before, interaction looked possibly like w/w with Stanari, but far from sure)

Scum: Stanari
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not sure if this is the best way to play tbh. Catching up 100s of posts and then slapping down a wall, that is. But it's what I'm going to go with for now.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Do yall mindmeld frequently? I think I've only played with the two of you together while I was scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Except...
    Ok you said fable was a villa.
    What up cuth?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Mrgle.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Going from the highest to lowest hanging fruit is noted.
    But also, I'm glad she's talking about something besides Zack and koalas could totally be scum.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
  11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I'm fairly certain I made it abundantly clear that I misspoke?

12. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Ehh, if there was a best way to play we'd all be doing it. We just do the best we can and make do.

For what it's worth, you're getting townread even if your lynch-Stanari campaign hasn't caught fire yet.

Disappointed I'm not top town yet though.

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Cuthalion is Christina Reachy.

14. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

So you reject accusations of being a cackling potion brewing witch?

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Are you of the opinion that it should?

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    This exchange looks w/w/w tbh

Koalas/cuth/jari since it doesn't nest quotes

17. Koalas

High Score:
    I'm hurt tom. 0% of this is scum.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Let's just say mindmeld on fables response to this, which was "barf"

19. Koalas

High Score:
    One of those w's is possible.

20. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Honestly, I was going to put you down for "leaning town" but I was paying attention to other people while reading. Nothing from you stood out to me as justification for a scumread.