1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Oh, I wrote Fable as villager. I'm not at all sure what exactly was going through my mind, but I'm fairly certain I was thinking someone else and wrote the wrong person. Didn't remember who it was 5-10 minutes later, don't now. /shrug

Not that I don't have plenty of townreads, those were just kinda lightish snappyish reads I was throwing out into the ring out of people I didn't have much of an opinion on.

So I have no idea what exactly happened, but I did mean to say maybe one of fonti/fable w, and it wasn't an associative read but rather a lower end of poe sorting thoughts type deal.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Try stripping all the punctuation from her posts.

2. .113

.113 Squib

Well Basically Ive townread dyachei every game Ive been in and it worries me. I think i said so last game, of course then i was actually wolf but i wasnt lying, i have a hard time reading dyachei.

Its Kinda hard to explain..
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Cuthalion im just comparing to the last game where i felt she was talking a lot but lacking focus

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Vote: .113

Reads are all basically consensus, sound wishy-washy and a hedgy, comes across as coming up with whatever justification comes to mind?

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    It's not a difference in my level of focus, it's a difference in my level of shiptoasting.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ha! you having any resemblance of mental stability is as much of a joke as me having it.

6. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Ok, I'm pretty sure there was something else too around that part I had questions about, but i don't feel like looking through it today.

What do you feel about Newcomb's stance on you, is it reasonable or not, and what does it mean for his alignment IYO?

7. .113

.113 Squib

@Cuthalion im just
    Did you miss the part where i said id ISO them tomorrow and give actuall reads? Or the part where im really at about page 24 in the catching up phase..

Of course its wishy washy but she asked and I answered.

Keep the vote, i don’t mind, but keep up at least

8. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    I kinda don't like this. He was pretty clear with that he's not really gotten into the game yet and only has some semblance of thoughts from early on, and i still tried to poke something out of him at least. And when he gave it anyway, this is your response? Hm.

Vote: Cuthalion

9. .113

.113 Squib

Fair enough

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    @fontisian

Talk to you about your Vaimes townread. I know Vaimes' meta, and his behavior here matches with his shiny new "I am going to commit minor and useless crimes because I feel like it and you can't stop me" attitude. But I haven't seen him roll scum yet with this attitude. How are you so confident that this is town Vaimes?

11. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Also agreed with what Newcomb said earlier about not feeling much real deep thought about alignments from Cuth. I'll read it all through better tomorrow, but I need to sleep soon

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I don't think he's capable of maintaining that attitude under pressure as scum.

13. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I have no real idea of Newc's stance on me, though I don't remember it being specifically problematic enough to call out/worry about, more behavioral ideas than anything solid. If I'm wrong on that, sorry. I'll try to remember to take a look when I'm able to take a break from RL stuff and wade in (hopefully this evening).

With regards to Newc in particular, I have no idea what to look for as far as reading him, I haven't seen anything that really looks like it's particularly ai, I've agreed with some of the things he's said.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Same.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I asked him why fonti and I were there all together and he essentially dodged the question. He later admitted to not actually having a read on either of us.

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Does Vaimes have a recent scumgame?

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

@Zack Look dude, I'm not trying to close you off from playing here or trying to be unwelcoming or whatever. I'd like to think that I'm generally very easy to get along with in a game, and that most of the time I don't take things too seriously. But today you kind of just crossed the line for me and I escalated things in the thread when I probably shouldn't have. My apologies on that. But at the same time, I'd already taken a 12-hour break to reset myself because I already had negative feelings about the whole xenophobia/elitist argument and then seeing the way that you took to personal attacks just set me off. And the fact that you refused to calm down when I asked you to probably made it worse. I understand that you're frustrated by the way fonti keeps dismissing your questions or whatever, but you've already wolfread her, she's already wolfread you, and to be honest trying to continue down that path hasn't gotten anywhere in the past however many hours.

Since this is my homesite I'm always going to call people out if I see personal attacks coming. However, I don't hold grudges in between games. I've talked about this before, and I'll say it again. I have nothing against you beyond this game. You had a bad game, I had a bad game, whatever. I'm not going to be like "Oh yeah, that guy Zack, I never want to play with him again." I hope you don't feel the same way about DLP as a community or me as a player, but that's up to you.

I hope to see you in another game on here, but if that isn't going to happen, then, well, I hope you at least enjoy the remaining time in this game.

17. .113

.113 Squib

5 more minutes then ill go sleep

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I have no idea where my vote is. I rather suspect it's still on Vaimes...which, ehh. I did kind of like his posting last night, though I didn't feel like it couldn't be coming from him as scum. I'll defer to the Vaimes Collective on that, I suppose.

Unvote

It's kind of a struggle to find people I want to lynch in this game. Probably need to look at the low town-null piles again, but I'm going to go do other stuff for a while, and possibly take a nap. I'll keep an eye on things so holler if you want my attention.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Yes, and that's more of my problem with it. He gives reads, but they're all very weak and squarely within the pool of What Many People Think. There's nothing in there that makes me think hmmm that's unusual or hmm that's towny. When asked to clarify, he basically just stumbles backwards over his own words and ends up shrugging it off.

That said I've never played with him, so might not be able to read him as well as you can (you've played together at least a couple times iirc?)
    This is straight up false. I don't remember what I said because I was in a haze of notthinking, but I'm about 95% certain what I said clearly contradicted both of your points.