1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Unvote.

2. .113

.113 Squib

Its nai anyways so explain away

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Upon review, don't think his material is ai enough to merit a lynch here aorn.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

This plus the preceding posts about 113/Scott make me think SS/Fable not w/w. Too nitpicky but cautious.

Squinting at this a bit. Something being more content-heavy makes it more unreliable to read in what way, exactly?

GH first realpost.

It doesn't, like, shock me that GH chose to structure his catchup like this?

The way he goes about analyzing the reactions is somewhat reachy. Giving Vira townpoints for her reaction, townreading Fable for the "GH what the fuck are you doing" thing, it's... not awesome.

This, I kind of like. Feels off-the-cuff, organic.

I feel like his commentary on the fonti/Zack thing makes them more likely to be both villagers in the world where GH is a wolf. The way he talks about both of them just feels kind of... informed / overly reasonable.

The commentary on me was, eh, fine I guess?

GH's post just felt kind of lukewarm. Going through the motions a bit.

Also feel like Zack/GH are prooooobably not w/w from the conversation they have right after it, though I wouldn't put it completely out of the realm of possibility.

Hm. Interesting pair of posts, given the fact that I'm slightly to moderately wolfreading both of them. I.... guess I could see that as a partner interaction? Notably, Cuth leans on Zack's read which could be like a, "oops time to distance" thing but that... maybe feels a little clumsy. I could kinda see it as wolf!Cuth shading villager GH? That seems to track. The part that doesn't seem partner-y is GH's "I'm not really sure how you can actually think this," and the blustery "try to get me lynched" thing. Also, the indignation about how much work GH did on that post. Could be town!Cuth, wolf!GH? I... idk I don't really think they're v/v, especially since as far as I can remember they just kind of rattled their sabers at each other and then moved on. Although come to think of it, has GH even posted since then?

Eh.

Can you talk specifically about what reads of Zack's you think have evolved, and how they've evolved?

Because when I think about Zack this game, I think he has really good tone, like he's reacting to things in the moment and it feels genuine, but when I think about his overall body of work I kind of see like, there's not as much meat on the bones as I'd expect given his volume, specifically in the "evolution of reads" area. Like, I'm not seeing him actually parsing / revisiting the opinions he's giving. I'm not immune to the idea of it being a playstyle thing rather than a wolf thing, but for you to bring it up as a reason you're townreading makes me want to have you talk about it.

SR/Cuth almost certainly not partners. This is one of those exchanges that just goes on and gets complicated enough for it to be pretty ??? to be w/w.

It's that really specific thing where they keep going after different versions of the same points and it's super prickly and just... nitpickly confrontational? Super super hard to see w/w there, when the exchange is that convoluted / obsessive it almost never is.

@GeneralHankerchief what was your motivation for making this post?

Hrm, okay, maybe answered my own question.

What is the read, then? Like, show me what went through your head when you made these two posts.

This is a good read.

It's a little thin, but I'm leaning town on SS just for sheer, like... agreement. It's more than enough for D1, at any rate.

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Been out and about all day, and I come back to 600 more posts to catch up to.

Sure.

I'll be around mostly all day tomorrow since I'm doing homework, so hopefully I can avoid getting stuck in catch-up hell and actually be able to, y'know. Do what I've been promising (looking at Zack's game, looking at Miner's stuff).

6. Zack

Zack Squib

Do you know how many questions I've asked this game and the response is either some smartass retort, or some condescending bullshit, or it's just ignored? It's really deflating and annoying when people continually refuse to engage with me, and instead just belittle me. Sometimes I lash out when provoked, turns out I'm human after all. I'm almost never even close to a dick unless I'm provoked.

Just talk to me? Doesn't seem like a whole lot to ask.

If you have a problem with me, say "hey man, can you x?" I'm a reasonable guy.

Just a general thing, not specifically directed at whoever made the last post before this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Especially since Proph is such a nice guy. :)

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah, I can definitely explain this.

So, WRT tom, the trouble with him is that he delights in playing scum and he takes pride in being very difficult to read. He's also very experienced and as a result it's very difficult for me to ever reach a gamestate where I can be comfortable clearing him without mechanical confirmation. One game I distinctly remember playing with him is Three Little Pigs, where he counterclaimed the game's protective role, and we spent the entirety of Day 4 there (after he CC'd) arguing whether Iso is that much of a bastard mod to put two protective roles in the same game. Of course, we end up lynching tom by the end there (and he flips scum), but tom's ability to Never Give Up, Never Surrender/WIM is absolutely marvelous and should be praised.

WRT Zack, I last played with Zack in.. the Org/CFC game, where I think I solved the game at the end there but had my credibility shot to all heck because I was basically on every mislynch. In that game, town!Zack caught scum!tom at the end there, but he ended up lynching me (deservingly so IMO). Zack, I think, has much more experience reading tom than I do. I am currently townreading Zack right now (if/when I do a reads list I'll go into a little more depth on this) and he'll /probably/ have better accuracy catching scum!tom than I will, so that's why I am sort of leaning on him to read tom. That's not an excuse for not trying - I will take my fair stab at reading tom for myself, but this is some idea of how I'm approaching tom this game, especially with how I'm reading Zack.

Does that clear it up?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Then why are you not pushing people to lynch me then? Why are you not casing me? You pretty much just mentioned me in your list of scummy people but kind of dipped.

And I do not believe that you sincerely think I'm in "antispew from my first post". That's such a.. strange read regardless of what alignment you are.

8. Newcomb

Er, not really. It was less about the meta/history you have with them, and more like, about this game. I was basically trying to find a way to not give you a leading question / straight up ask you essentially "if you're using Zack as a peg to hang your tom read on, why is there no thought process about how a potential wolf!Zack would read a potential partner?"

9. Zack

Zack Squib

Just to clarify, I don't actually think tom is a wolf at this point.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Why am I townreading Vira? I think I explained it a day ago, you can find it in my ISO.

: P

Makes sense. Thought you'd have a little more substance, especially since I just wolfed against you in a recent game.

(To be fair in that game we NK'd you because we were seriously afraid of you re-enacting Bare Bones and solving the game; unsure if you would have ever got to that point with how exasperated you were with that one though).

While I can't promise that I'll take a look at the Mountainous game, if I do I'll let you know. Time constraints, man.
    --- Post automerged ---
    There is no thought process about how a potential wolf!Zack would read a potential partner.. because I think Zack is town, and therefore does not have any partners?

I feel like I'm approaching the game differently than you here. I'm not really super into antialignment pairs/considering all the possible range of alignments, because I grew up in closed games like this one and so an alignment can be cross-checked as the game goes on.

11. Newcomb

Noted; I'm still digging around in Ancient History of like, 24 hours ago.

12. Zack

Zack Squib

Do Newcomb's walls always focus so much on "so I found these quotes, don't think it's w/w"?

Seems kind of strange to me.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Actually +1 this?

14. Zack

Zack Squib

It was more, "I don't think I ever actually said that / made that clear."

I have a bad habit sometimes of just moving on to the next thing without ever properly clarifying how my opinion on the old thing(s) changed. It's something I always think, I'm going to fix that next time for sure, then I don't.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm a fan of fonti's reasoning WRT Kalas. I know I've been super lazy and my vote's been parked on him for most of the game, but the way Kalas kind of lashed out and scumread GH, but is not actually voting GH himself, feels suspect.

16. Zack

Zack Squib

Is "Kalas" the old username of Koalas or something? This has been bugging me for awhile, and it was ignored last time I brought it up.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I assume so but do not actually know.

18. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@Cuthalion , can you explain your spicy hottake reads in 1440?

Mainly because I haven't interacted with dya or Fable.

And um.

?

@Zack - Yea, Kalas is Koalas's old nickname. Just using it because I know him as Kalas from years ago.

19. Newcomb

Right, but like, that's why I was asking about the relative strength of your Zack read. To me the way you phrased it early was not super super confident, which made it odd to me that you used it as a foundation of your tom read /without/ taking the step to go, "but if I'm wrong on Zack, then tom is probably/not with him because I think Zack would do X here" or something to that effect.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    @ Proph ?