1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Fuck this. I came into the thread multiple times yesterday and tried to interact with people and got soundly ignored. Multiple posts and couldn't get any responses or discussion.

I avoided some of the more toxic arguments on purpose but still have my reads on those involved.

I had guests over for roughly 8 hours yesterday. I didn't think I needed to share that with the thread ahead of time. Since, you know, every time I was here no one would fucking interact with me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I find it annoying that people are willing to talk about me but rarely to me.

Stanari and proph are the exceptions and proph asked me for something I had already provided.
    --- Post automerged ---
    FWIW, I think GH is also scum but there's no point talking about that since it appears to be consensus. His activity in the thread is exactly what I have seen in previous scum games. He's not really willing to talk too much about reads. And for someone that said playing up drunk is a wolf tell, he seems to be playing up or at least mentioning his drunkness a lot.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Regular town, don't lynch today.

Fable - I wanted to put him as top town, but I didn't because I know it'll annoy him to point at that he's a good wolf. Also, I think I like most of his reads but I can't do a quick ISO to doublecheck because phone so /shrug.

Zack - I just get good vibes from him? It's harder to be convinced of my rightness here because I have no clue what scum!Zack would look like/is capable of, but I've liked his involvedness, his unflappableness with Fonti pushing him, I've seen some good pointed questions/cases and similar to Miner, I don't the blow up happens as it did with the added layer of being a wolf. Like, his frustration with people not answering his questions and such doesn't grow as much if you're second guessing if maybe it's because they're onto you. Or something.

Koalas - This is not scum!Koalas. It's just not. The content is different, his activity level is different, but you could still interchange this Koalas with AYAW 4 Koalas and not have people notice. I am aware that this isn't going to convince anyone, but it is how I see it so hopefully there's still value in that at least.

Newcomb - I, uhh, like that he said reading me annoys him? This read is (obviously) not very strong, but I've only played with town!Newcomb so far and all of those occasions felt like playing with this Newcomb. I have the unfounded expectation that I could detect something different in scum!Newcomb's play.

Jan - I liked Sooh better. (But coming out of the gates swinging and just going for it with the Vaimes read and stuff are all pretty okay. Also tangling with Newcomb? Odds of that happening are a bit smaller for scum!Jan I think.)

SR - I've given this great analogy for why SR is town already. Deal with it. (Agree to disagree Newcomb.)

Weiyao - Another meta read. I want to see some live action soon.

.113 - This read is way weaker than I'd want it to be. We got along last game, but we haven't gotten the chance to interact quite as much in this one. Also my read was wrong last game. All that said, there's still something telling me this is town 113. Weakest of the townreads.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pick me, pick me! I'll talk to you. I just haven't had much need to because, as I just posted, I've been mindmelding with you enough that there hadn't been much I felt I needed more from you on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nulls

SS
    Yvtn
    Vira!?

There's been things I liked from all of them, and I debated putting yvtn as a townread, but frankly I'm having trouble deciding on what's been ai from SS and yvtn. These are the guys I'd most like to ISO, but I can't cos phone.

Vira is a special case because I /should/ be able to read her. I just haven't yet? There hasn't been much to read? Also know tonereading her is bound to fail. I may have the slightest of scumreads here actually, but it's not anything I feel capable of putting into words just yet.

3. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I have been told Vira is always this awkward. Is that true or false, Jari?

I think SS may be scum. It will annoy him but he's a very good wolf, typically, and when I see people pointing out like 1-2 sentences and saying a wolf would never say that, I laugh. SS is the kind of wolf that sounds like a villager but the content, when actually examined, doesn't hold up.

4. Jarizok

Scumreads

GH - Lol, I forgot to include him in the nulls. Ah well, let's pretend I've been influenced by thread temperature here.

Tsaiah - This is mostly by association with my other scumreads. Which I'm aware is bad on D1. Sue me.

Fonti - Tunneling, check. Being mysterious about things, check. Shading people, check. Trying to keep mislynches open, check. Also, it's Fonti. @fontisian Want to tell me your raisin for townreading me early?

Proph - Dude's been scummie.

Cuthalion - This where my vote's going to be and where I believe we should go today. I mentioned the Koalas thing, but the first thing I noticed here was way back on P9. Stanari was being persecuted, and says one of the people pushing her is scum. Cuth goes "Why'd you say that? Should have asked questions instead. It's not enough on it's own, what a waste." The thing here is that there's not a speck of doubt that Stanari was really feeling that. In other words, Cuth mindset slipped that Stanari is town.

Vote: Cuthalion
    --- Post automerged ---
    I wouldn't say awkward per se. Careful in expressing herself? That I would say.
    --- Post automerged ---
    SS could be scum. I'd defer to you there, but I want to lynch Cuth today and see more of SS before jumping on him.

What did you think of 113 again?

5. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I'm null on 113.

6. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Hi.

I decided to take yesterday off from the game for a number of reasons. This was obviously a mistake.

Saw I have a mention so I guess I'll start there.

7. Jarizok

You've played with before the WH right? Would you have expected to have a read there by now?

Hi GH!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Come vote Cuth while you catch up, that's where all the hype is.

8. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I have. But I read him off content and progression and it's still d1.

9. Jarizok

'Scool, don't want to lynch him today anyway. What do you think of the Cuth wagon? It seemed pretty clean to me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hmm, I see SS is on Cuth so guess you wouldn't like that then.

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I think my catch up style yesterday worked out ok, so gonna try that again, though less rigidly since there are also less pages to catch up.

p80-85:
    Cuth is feeling really ineffective. Their earlier back and forth with SR and now this whole thing with Fable/fonti. It's like, it should have been fairly easy to clear up the mistake with the latter, but he spends a lot of time/words talking about not a lot/really vague conclusions instead? Don't really have a lock scum read on him though - there just isn't a lot of stuff there, but would be ok with lynching him.

p86-90:
    Regarding the Newcomb read, I have no idea how to spot scum!Newcomb. But like he always waffles a lot about w/v, w/w pairings. It's just mostly a shame he doesn't seem fully caught up with the game? Because it's much easier to spot town-y Newcomb when he's fully engaged with the game and up to date.

In terms of the content of his posts, the whole yeavoxx thing at RVS I didn't really take as a joke. Like when reading through that part, about 2 or 3 other people immediately agreed that Proph's RVS entrance was scummy. (Which is really confusing to me why the tone of that is scummy). And when I posted my confusion about this detail in my first catch up post on like p23 or something, nobody bothered to clarify whether it was a joke or not. So this whole, "of course Newcomb couldn't possibly take that seriously" that's happening here from Jan and fonti is ??

Will have to re-read for the other point people brought up.

p91-95:
    I know .113 isn't really caught up. But he basically just ignored my vote on him. I think he knows that it's there (as in he is caught up enough that he didn't miss it entirely) as he responded to my post where I said my vote was staying on him. It's fairly annoying scum reading someone who basically disappeared due to RL after you pick up on something you want to see how they deal with it.

Their later stuff is not good, but honestly I doubt anyone would have informative things to say only having read the first 23 pages 2 days ago. His response to my question about his motives about saying "we have to majority vote" is particularly bad though. It's fairly wish-y wash-y helpful townie NL is bad. I would have honestly expected a slightly deeper level reading of something about CFDs maybe. It just seems like they are saying things to say them.

Brb, having a quick lunch.

11. Jarizok

Problem with the Fonti wagon is that people always seem to shy away from there D1.

12. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I'm not

13. GeneralHankerchief

Okay, my mention comes from Newcomb and it's part of a big post, so let's talk about it.

First of all, I don't like how Newcomb nearly immediately jumps to pointing out possible partner interactions with me. I know the whole "not w/w | potentially w/w" thing and examining headspaces is the bread and butter of Newcomb's play, but it feels like he hasn't properly established a baseline of myself/whoever being scummy first like he's done in the past. Also, he's dead wrong about me and I can't remember his progression on Cuth, but overall it feels like too much of a leap, too soon, from him.

In terms of my Sooh read that you specifically mentioned me for, let me really quick quote Sooh's post for access reasons:

I didn't like how she called out two or three specific things she disliked about the progression of the game so far, that my actions in the game fit into every single category she was calling out, and yet she didn't single me out by name. To me it felt more like a wolf who was casting general shade every which way than a townie who was legitimately going after a suspect.

But since she appears to have been genuinely in a poor mood the other day, my read on the take has degraded in strength.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Will check out Cuth.

14. Jarizok

Maybe your vote just isn't that scary Wei.

15. GeneralHankerchief

Quick detour: No I didn't?

IIRC I mentioned it once and it was in direct response to somebody asking me about my headspace at the time.

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Well, probably since it's been the only vote on him and nobody else seems to care. Still not seeing why that isn't ignoring my vote and hoping it goes away though.

17. Jarizok

Who's up for some set up spec now that I've got my reads off my chest?

Are we assuming 5 or 6 scum? Is Eido more likely to have put in multiple 1-shot roles or less but stronger roles? What roles are we likely looking at? There's probably some kind of vig floating around right? A roleblocker, be it town or scum? Maybe a doc/bodyguard type thing?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Both town and scum can be wary of coming across overly concerned with self defense, so I can totes see someone in catch up mode ignoring a single vote on them in the hopes their catch up makes it disappear.

18. GeneralHankerchief

Ugh I'm actually going to have to judge Cuth based on the content of his posts rather than the tone just because DLP posting restrictions are forcing him to radically change his style

How annoying.

19. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Yes, this is definitely true.

But there is a difference in how he responded to Cuth's vote on him vs mine for example. The former he brushed off easily and didn't seem to mind (+town mindset I feel), the latter he went "btw I'm not likely to be around today either" and didn't even bother to comment on why I voted for him.

20. Jarizok

That is indeed interesting, considering.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Home game advantage.