1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Also you only hate my list because fonti is in the village section so GTFO with "people just think I'm lackluster because of one read".

2. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I chose the 3 quotes I thought most exemplified what I was talking about. I didn't feel the need to grab more posts than that on a site where multi-quoting isn't easy.

3. Zack

Zack Squib

Dyachei is town.

If fable was a wolf he'd probably try to lazily pocket her instead of calling her out.

GH missed a very important post I made just for him, and that makes me sadboi.

4. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    No, there are many issues with your list.

Fonti is one. SS is another. Your top towns I also don't agree with.
    --- Post automerged ---
    All the bolded ones are ones I have issues with.

5. .113

.113 Squib

Gotta admitt Ive got problems with a few of the same people as dya about that list

6. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Don't be ashamed about admitting it.

You can agree with me.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    The thanking point is dumb because unless I'm remembering I think that's just how he talks (I haven't played with prophy since like whales on MU I think).

I don't accept "overexplanation" as part of any wolf case. This is actually a pet peeve thing of mine and others might disagree but I don't believe in it.

Third point prophy is being hedgey and it's completely fine (as in your point is fine not what prophy is doing is fine).

V reading people too easily is a fine point but a lot of people have done it this game so I don't how valid it is in this case.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Explaining the tsaiah read is super easy so I'll do that first, I just gotta pull a couple quotes.

8. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    So it's lackluster because you don't agree with the concerns I have. Not anything else?

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So like I know people are going to call this thin but IME mindmelds like this are V/V 9/10 times. Don't care if people don't like it.

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

OK, but what does thread presence have to do with it? If anything, a vote from someone you think is not around/coasting should be a sign to go and prod them/look at them in more detail - all the more reason to go back to it. It's just all very surface level playing/coasting which is what I'm calling out right now.

But if you want more specific points to respond to, my initial suspicion of you was based on:
    • Why you mentioned yeavoxx's seer claim as a reason to not lynch them, since I thought it was very clear that it was not a serious claim/copy pasta and that was difficult to miss. The fact that you did signalled to me that you were perhaps not reading the thread very carefully/not having a solve-y mindset.
    • Your case on Scott I thought used a particularly weak and reach-y example to make your point on (regarding trying to derpclear using TVYN). This was from someone who actually thought Scott was being a little scummy so I think it's a bit concerning that even I thought that point was reach-y.
    So yes, not a particularly "airtight" case no, but I particularly wanted to see your thoughts and reactions to the pressure you got about the Scott case after some time had passed as well as apply some more.

It's ok to not defend against those specific points if you feel like that wouldn't be productive, but since other people mostly seemed to drop/forgot their concerns about that Scott case it reads as you not bringing it up in the hopes that people don't bring that up again to me.

Other points now:
    • The whole bit about having to coordinate to have a majority lynch and especially your justification when I asked you about it being too surface level. It doesn't seem like you thought very deeply about what the implications of having to have a consensus was at EoD and the actual negative consequences (e.g. bringing up CFDs), but just posted something easy about NL = bad.
    • That whole exchange with SR just now. I think he made several good points about your play.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Will definitely not be around for EoD btw.

11. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I believe you when you say town!Tsayah would mindmelt there with you, but what makes it impossible for scum!Tsayah to post it as well?

12. .113

.113 Squib

Ah Yeah.. Ok.

On Scott, i even wrote several Times that i felt he wouldnt write like that but that if hes actually new it might explain it. Not sure what else to say, i Also said theres a reason i didnt move my vote there, because i wasnt sure if he actually was new or not.

Someone saying "isnt it like his second game?" and it actually being his second game isnt the same thing. But of course it made me doubt my initial reaction and I was pretty Clear about it myself.

So.. In short, my "impression" was before i realised he might be new. I said so myself. You saying my initial reaction is bad and voting me after Ive said that does not make me worried because it was really bad since i already more or less too it back.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I feel like wolf!tsaiah probably notes different things? It goes like this, I know that I am a villager and that I made that note because I felt it was important in determining stanari's alignment. Tsaiah made the same note, therefore it stands to reason that tsaiah is also trying to determine stanari's alignment and not just trying to phone things in as a wolf.

If tsaiah was a wolf there would probably be more conviction in her posts especially about stanari IMO. Like stanari would be the lifeline fort tsaiah this game since she's the one tsaiah knows best. Having more conviction in reading stanari would be the more likely scenario if wolf!tsaiah because it would do two things.

1. Pocket Stanari so tsaiah has someone to stick up for her when she's not around.

2. She can go and say "Hey look I'm very easily reading this person you're all having trouble with look how useful I am." which would make her less likely to get lynched in the first palce.

The fact that this is not happening and she seems to be honestly evaluating stanari makes me thing village!tsaiah.

14. .113

.113 Squib

The whole v bit about coordination Ive Also explained myself several Times but sure ill go again just for you.

Im not used to games having majority lynch. This is my tenth game + 2 or 3 turbos. The previous WH game and this one are the only majority lynch games Ive played. I still havent had a response about it but i still presume because every reacted like they did that this is comments here on DLP but for me its new and I suddenly remembered it and felt like it would be good to remind others that we actually have to vote together or itll be a no lynch.
    Narrow the focus down a bit especially since i think in every game Ive played there has been a few people voting off wagons just because they're stubborn.

Since i won't be around the last 4 hours before eod or so i thought i did a good friendly reminder which obviously backfired but honestly what ever.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb read is I'm not sure if you guys know what "pocketed af" means.

Koalas one explained in my ISO of him though I will fully admit it's getting weaker with these huge gaps in activity.

Vira I honestly think would be more active as a wolf here, at least on d1.

16. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    You might be pocketed, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

17. Zack

Zack Squib

Fable, have you talked about why I'm so high up in your list? Surprised me a bit.

Tom too.

18. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Ok, I can see where your read on her comes from at least.

Counterargument would be that she wouldn't want to be too sure in reading Stanari in order to avoid tmi accusations? Eh, we're not lynching there today anyway, there's time yet to solve this slot with more content.

19. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    You're fairly high on my list.

20. .113

.113 Squib

As for yeavoxxtalknah and the seer claim Ive been very up front about not having caught up at all, and tbh I havent realised it was a fake claim copypasta untill you wrote it now.

I read page 1-12, then a gap to around 20 or so where i read up to 24-26 or so. Then i was at page 69(?) and onwards. So Yeah theres huge gaps. What can i say.

I explained i had unplaned visitors and couldn't spend much time here but tried to do what little i could. Instead of wasting a few hours reading up i made an ISO of Jan who i wolfed with last game and plan on doing more on The others. I feel that is more useful. I Also did some live interaction because once again i felt it was more important.

I might read up later but since theres more and more pages all the time id rather focus on that.