1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I caught tom as a wolf super easily in WH9 and he doesn't feel like that at all here.

Read on you is just this feels more like copless and JOAT 9er and less like Personalized. I actually completely agreed with you when you mentioned at one point you would be asking way more questions if you were a wolf here.

2. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Anyone can, I try to be prepared for the possibility.

That said, I have issues with this post. You say that either I've "made note of it and tried to lead you back on the correct path" or "snapping at you" and "calling out poor reasoning". Ok, all good, but hold up. What other ways of responding to arguments are there? Seriously. Either you throw your pov at them a ton until they agree, or you go piece by piece with their reasoning or something in between. There's no real other way you can actually have an argument. Then the question goes to if I've done that this game, and if so, why. If? Yes, I have done that, a bit. That said, the problem with this argument is that it ignores/simplifies the situation. Newc and others have mostly been pushing me because I've barely been engaged in the game whatsoever, and a couple variations on the theme. There's not a ton I can really refute or much reasoning of that nature that's particularly problematic that I could call out as such. Which brings us to the other side, the leading people back onto correct path, which... well, whatever that looks like, in this case my hope was that I could actually get engaged in the game, which would essentially clear everything up, but meh.

Also, I think the org games and anni were... starkly different from this game in quite a number of ways, and using them as direct comparison to how I'd handle being pushed is a bit flawed. Can't particularly blame you for't, though.

Anyhoo. This argument boils down to "Cuth hasn't responded to votes/pressure on him at all, and when he did it wasn't what I expected." Which... makes me curious what exactly you expect given the bifurcated system you presented of ways people argue things, as several things I've done this game have gone into that category? I think you're presenting an argument that's... supposed to be analysis-based and basically ending up with some twist on "tone sounds weird". Honestly, my biggest problem with that is simply that you... ignored a bunch of the rest of what's gone on/been going on in the thread, and just spent a paragraph weakly justifying your read on the top wagon before hopping on, rather than engaging with much of the rest of the thread?

Vote:GeneralHankerchief

Let's dance.

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I uh may need a sanity check that this isn't 113 being too scummy to actually be scum. Like...

4. Zack

Zack Squib

I didn't really care for the push on Cuth (from GH) either.

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Not sure I agree, but what about him in particular?

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Honestly getting into a huge back and forth with 113 seems not productive at this stage, so I'll try and re-read Kalas instead.

Also need to get a grip on my thoughts about Cuth beyond that he seems super wish-y wash-y.
    --- Post automerged ---
    His reply about his posts about Scott for example. His point basically seems to boil down to "I took it back/I kept clarifying that he could be new" doesn't er, change the fact that his shade about Scott was reach-y.

It's honestly super difficult to get a grip on what they've actually read and taken in because as they admit they've been away so often. I'm reaching the stage that scum chat probably would have just told him about what was going on?

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Uuuuuuhhhhh....the one other thing I noted about koalas is he seems less antagonistic than he was in WH8 but that might just be explained away from the long break.

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Thunderdome smackdown extraordinaire?
    --- Post automerged ---
    The fact that we were antigonizing you in particular early in WH8 may also be coloring your perception.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Possibly.

10. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Hm. I think my biggest issue with it is his ?refusal to read more while making excuses about how he hasn't read stuff and using that as an excuse a fair amount.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Shroop.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Got called into work, so sporadic phone posting at best. I'll be around EoD. I'll try and read GH's response when I have a second.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again
    Because a vision softly creeping
    Left its seeds while I was sleeping
    And the vision that was planted in my brain
    Still remains

13. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

I didn't even know you were top wagon until somebody (Jari?) mentioned you right after I came back in. So I figured that was a good place to start.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway I'd expect you to do either of the things I mentioned earlier. Snap back or try to guide someone in the right direction.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Kind of back for an hour, maybe 1,5 if my group is late.

My feels right now tell me that there is at most 1 scum in those people, most likely 0 :

Scott
    Miner
    Stanari
    Vaimes
    Jari

I don't think I will be able to support a lynch on any of them this game, or at least today.

I feel like I should look at Vira myself, but I hate it so much that I have to search for a post to be able to iso her. :X

15. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

But urgh can't really use derp-clear on him as someone made it clear that was how they won their last scum game. So...

Also I literally just realised that the search up top was what I was looking for this entire time and it allows you to search through the thread instead of hunting for a Koalas post and clicking the magnifying glass. >.<

Koalas:
    So I didn't realise their post count was so extremely low. This is interesting, because I feel he's actually had a fair amount of thread impact considering he actually has very little numerical post count/word count. His point about GH reads badly. It's a little convoluted, but I'm not really sure I understand why he thinks the copy-pasta is "follow the leader". There seems to be some sequence confusion about the actual order of events.

I think however his point about GH's analysis post on copy-pasta reactions is pretty good. I can sort of follow his thought process there even if I don't fully understand/agree with all of his individual points. And his frustration with the copy-pasta posts reads as genuine that he is finding scum-hunting difficult because of them.

His snark about Jari/Koalas/Cuth only containing one scum is kind of out of place though. Given he hasn't been around, it seems odd to throw in a Cuth scum-read at this stage like this. His "Cuth has done nothing I like" is vague enough to possibly justify a vote for Cuth later if that seems to be the thread consensus. Also the fact that his vote is parked on himself is confusing. It's worse than just not voting at all, because I'm not really sure why his vote didn't swap to either Cuth or GH at this point from a town!Kalas PoV.

So I think out of all that, I'm coming out of it pretty sure Kalas/Cuth aren't w/w (Kalas/GH seems still possible because he didn't actually bother voting him and voting him EoD now would look even worse). The lethargy about the three leading wagons with not that much time left suggests to me there is probably at least 1 wolf there? Gonna go re-read Cuth to work out what I'm leaning.

16. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

O...kay.

I'm looking at this post like a 3D puzzle, I suppose. Trying to put myself into wolf!Cuth's head here... he knows I'm town, is that something he'd type? It's like... defensive without being defensive.

What I was getting at with the you voting me / unvoting me without really getting into what I'd done in the meantime, is that when someone pushes me, the very first thing I think about is if it's coming from a genuine place or not. So when SS asked you about it your "limited thoughts on the matter" not having any real, like... curiosity about my alignment just felt off.

Can I get some meta on Cuth here, from those who know him? What is this post trying to accomplish if he's a wolf here? I don't feel particularly placated... he didn't snap back and try to get me to back off with a ratttlesnake type thing. He didn't try to divert my attention really. And yet it's hitting a pretty strong "yes I'm a wolf but your reasons are bad now watch me defend myself for 500 words" bell.

Ehh. Maybe that kind of response comes with more bite? To end it with
    "I see a lot of what you're saying, you're taking other things out of their proper place/situation, and it's irrelevant regardless. I am typing words here and this paragraph is mostly pointless" kiiiiind of feels like town who's just like... over it. If it's scum theater it's decent?

Yeah, someone talk to me about Cuth in general as a player, or link me a game or something.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't understand what you mean by this.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

There is this thing.

While I hope Fable is just a changed man weeb, the fact of the matter is that the Fable that draws heat, gets pushed on hard and is overreacting is more likely town.

The Fable that is likeable agreeable and people don't really push on is very likely just scum.

I haven't seen a single game where this was not true.

You can judge for yourself which Fable is playing in this game.

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    @Newcomb

Cuth village game
    http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7657-JOAT-9er

Cuth wolf game
    http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/5032-Mountainous-Mafia-A-Mafia-About-Mountains
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is a pretty gross oversimplification of how I play even before I tried to change anything.

19. .113

.113 Squib

As for SR i can remember what he wrote so not sure what to say. Ph
    what exactly was scummy about that? you wanted explanations I gave them.. seriously..

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year