1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Tsaiah was a wolf with me in the fabled (heh) Stanari powerwolf game, FYI.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

So could you shed some light on that thing Cuth just did?

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Zack's the only person who's played with both of us at the same time much, but. If you want an example, see the wolf game linked by someone or other from fall last year, where I was fairly widely townread for the first couple phases but was wolfread by visor pretty early on. It's... well, from my perspective, he's the one person I dread wolfing against the most. Take that as you will.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

So like... non agenda-y? I can dig that I think.

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

...If not him then who?

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ooh, this is pretty nice.

Hang on I'm gonna read them both because I think GH is also a comparatively low poster? From what I can remember.

7. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Yes, with the caveat that I don't think non agenda-y is necessarily villagery in and of itself, but with the posts being of the nature they were, largely expository, making new, fairly non-consensus-y points.

8. Zack

Zack Squib

No one? Not in this game at least.

Uh, can you be more specific?

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

That wasn't exactly the point?

I interpreted "best Cuth whisperer", in the context of the conversation we were having as "person who most >rand is able to tell my alignment in the most expedient manner".

I don't think this discussion has much of any point pretty much any way you spin it, though, so.

10. Jarizok

@Zack Cuth says to Yvtn the above. She seems completely sure on yvtn's identity so that pinged me something big?

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

How is it not pinging you something big if Newcomb is literally doing the exact same thing?

12. Jarizok

Where is he doing that? I'll add him to my scumteam guess for you.

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I sort of see what you mean. I like the extension of the thought, like Cuth is wrapping up all of 113's process, like he's trying to take a bite of the whole apple and not just bits and pieces.

I also like, half-seriously think this is probably how you'd run interference for him if he's your partner, so VOV.

Ehh, actually maybe it makes more sense if you're a wolf and he's town? Like, wanting to shotgun through Koalas/Cuth/GH while also nibbling around the edges of a Cuth townread gets you exactly nothing if he's your partner.

14. Zack

Zack Squib

I've been completely sure on their identity for awhile, and reasonably sure for most of the game.

15. Jarizok

Also Newcomb, Cuth is now displaying the sings of 'flappableness' that I said I wasn't seeing from Zack when Fonti pushed him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hmmkay. I thought this hadn't been resolved.

16. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

17. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Hi, I'm sorry too.

I didn't like your progression on me/the stated reason for wolfreading me the other day, it's something that wolves have done to me recently (ever since Anni and the aftermath, really) so I've been picking up on it and you hit the mark.

18. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Man, I am so so glad this forum has a good ISO function.

19. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Weiyaoli ISO:

507 "I kinda skimmed Zack's case on why he suspects tom, I'll have to go back and re-read I guess after I catch up fully."

Little weird not to give any opinion on it more when bringing it up, it's small things like this that makes it feel too much like commentary

1405 "I like the Scott case/analysis. However, doing something to combat
    the thing you were called out for is pretty much NAI since both town and scum Vira would want to improve their activity/thread engagement. Something to keep an eye on throughout the rest of the thread I guess."

This part reads pretty off to me. He says he liked her analysis on Scott, but then says right after that it's NAI, considering she was called out for ineffectiveness before she took action. So he ignores the content based on why she posted something? Not giving points for proactive posting, that I could potentially understand, but saying the content he liked being NAI because of it? Don't get that

same post:

"I don't think I've played with Vira before though so have no idea if this is her town play style or not. It's definitely different to that game where she bussed everyone and looked super town-y though."

Saying this before any flips happens confuses me slightly, even if i assume he mainly means the looking towny part and not the bussing.

1407 "I quite like Fable though. I think his bit where he got bored of not doing much and then started on ISOs is pretty genuine."

This read i liked a little.

His whole GH-read is a little confusing to me. GH's first analysis lights a busywork-signal for him, but it's appearently not showing on it's own. He likes his casualness, calls some of GH's posts low impact. Then he wants to call something the opposite of Busywork (not sure what?), but ends it all at null, and says his impression of all of GH's posts is basically null..?

He comments on a lot of GH's posts with language that's hinting at leans from good to bad, but just doesn't arrive anywhere at all, and I can't see his thoughts going here and there and following him to where he ends at a null read. It's a bland mess.

--

I don't feel like he had a goal with his whole exchange with .113, and considering how long it drew out for, that's a bit concerning. He tried to be the one driving the conversation, but the questions were rhetorical-ish, and it didn't really feel like a push for reactions either.

--

I actually like the first part of his Cuth read, where he calls out his vote for being "spicy", but not having that willingness to push behind them.

And in the last sentence of 2170 he mentions he needs to go check for what others wagons are on the table. That's something i marked since I'd expect a wolf who spends a bit of his time in wolfchat to keep tabs on that sort of thing? Would like feedback on this one especially, from whoever.

Conclusion:

Overall there's a few things i've liked (his Cuth read and maybe him forgetting which wagons were available), but not as many as i expected going into the ISO. When skimreading, most of his posts seem contentful, but I can't find many places where it's clear he's really thinking about people's alignments very hard (which is what I'm mainly looking for when ISO'ing). A lot of commentary (as some have mentioned before), some simple meta reads and a few off-feeling moments. Slight wolf

20. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Vira:

For someone whose questioning of me is delving deep into my perceived knowledge of where people are voting, you know I didn't actually vote for Cuth, right?