1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Gn, gl Jari and gl awake-for-eod-peep's

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Tilt. Phone autocorrect is weird af.

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

This wagon movement on me is absolutely terrible, considering that all of the votes on me are basically naked.

font, why the reads reversal/backtrack on me?

4. Zack

Zack Squib

I feel like just mowing through GH, Proph, and SS kills 2-3 wolves. Add koalas if you're feeling spicy.

5. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Americans can't. You guys can't legally have Pokerstars accounts I think.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This. I'd love to watch.

7. Zack

Zack Squib

And I think "posting like Alette" is actually a pretty decent scumtell for everyone except Alette.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Good luck Jari!

9. Zack

Zack Squib

This was the other one.

It's awkward and sounds like something a robot would say. Like it'd be a lot more natural to just say, "I think you're town and want to see her do something besides tunnel you".

Also from my point of view, the Jedi are evil. (And think about how criticized that line in the movie is for being awkward dialogue.)

10. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Stop wolfreading me and I'll give you it. :p

11. Zack

Zack Squib

This is also something that's been bothering me (trying to multi-quote didn't work, so for context: Proph just said he doesn't like using anti-alignment pairs).

12. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

*shrug*

I'm robotic, I put my foot in my mouth a lot as town, and we're seeing a prime example of it here.

If you want to come to your own conclusions about how I phrase my posts, go nuts. I play how I play.

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I did move my vote. That's something.

Poker update: Sitting in third with 186 people left.

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Mrrrr. Better just start posting as I go. In no particular order:

Miner is town. I think this has been pretty solidly covered by people who are better at articulating stuff than I am. He's just pure and fluid and agendaless.

I'm okay with Newcomb being a tentative townlean now. Since catching up, his play is starting to resemble my expectations considerably more? The focus on pair reads did kind of bother me because it's something I didn't remember from before and it feels like a way of giving reads without much mental overhead for a wolf, but I think it's just a way of making reads with a lower mental overhead in general because eternal catchup tends to do that to you.

That was a really bad sentence. Sorry.

There's also a couple of small sillier things, like...comparing ease of reading me to G7 feels like a line of thought that is slightly easier to find as town? (Narcissism reads ftw.) (I'm so sorry y'all are stuck in a game with me.) Content-wise, I like most of the things he's said, they sound fine and sound, etc, but I have a really really hard time making solid reads on content so I'm probably going to be ignoring most of those.

Tsaiah...right now my read on her is mostly gut without actual things to back it up. I imagine she becomes much more readable as the game progresses (for me, and for everyone else). I like most of the things she's said; her read on me is pretty accurate but I wouldn't expect it to be otherwise. I really like that she townread the post where Vira says she wants to let me do my thing with Vaimes. I also think her realtime posts this afternoon have all been town!Tsaiah.

My townread on 113 has kind of been eroded, probably from the thread atmosphere more than anything else. I should probably actually iso him at some point lol, but I still like my early reasons for townreading him - as a reaction to WH, this feels like it fits perfectly as a towngame (it's not that it doesn't fit as a scumgame, but it sure doesn't fit as well). Like...the whole derpclear deal, it just feels like an extension of WH, but on the town side? Regardless, I think he is a much easier read for me in a few phases.

Dyachei is not the same kind of town she was in WH; does this mean she isn't town? I'm not sure but I think the answer is not necessarily. (Lol.) Her engagement has improved since this morning, which was one of the things just dragging her below null by default, but I still don't know how to read her? The one thing that's notable about her for me is her insistence that fonti sounds like WH!fonti but I don't see at all and it's confusing? But I'm still not sure anything she's done is alignment indicative.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

This is pretty much GH's only post regarding this matter when he was a wolf and lynched Day 1 in the Reunion game. This feels a lot more halfhearted/less effort than the posts I quoted.

Gonna look at S3 Finals to see how that manifested.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

ehhh

Backup claim does nothing for me re: alignment, and Koalas has more or less completely rolled over, so I'm leaving my vote.

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Zack: I do like using anti alignment pairs, but not to the extent that Newcomb does it, because Newcomb was raised on Hunt games where worldbuilding/figuring out those sorts of antialignment pairs is critical in games with no flips.

I play mostly closed games, so I can crosscheck flips as the game goes on, which is why I use them less than Newcomb.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Basically this.

I don't like how Kalas is holding up his backup claim as something that he's not going to get lynched over. He pretty much just claimed and dipped, which.. is not a great look for him IMO.

18. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Hmm. Thinking it over, I actually think I'm liking a GH lynch as well. Was just thinking over the time I wolfed with him and he should probably be more paranoid about me than he has been. Kind of wish I could ask why he isn't, but bit late now.

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yeah, Kalas claiming and leaving is bull.

Vote Kalas

20. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

I'm down with Koalas again, sure.

Out for a while, maybe all of EOD.