1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Can't stand the freedom?

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    That votal is actually unreadable but still damn hilarious.

-

My townread on Proph revolves around the fact that he was !!so excited!! about his article read. It feels like genuine "I found a thing! :OOOO" solviness.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    OK cool I thought ifor that came from scum koalas it was more likely to be a buddy since that was the wagons and possible flips so that makes me feel good about gh over koalas in a way.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    GH.

5. Zack

Zack Squib

So I keep seeing this article read thing mentioned, and I have no idea what it is referring to.

6. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    @ Zack

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    You happen to have a link to the post? I remember it being a bit stiff.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    It's a little less excited than I remembered : (

9. Zack

Zack Squib

I guess I don't understand why you would care about it that much.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I might be a bit stiff if GH gets lunched.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I kind of think it's reachy. Like, forcing a townread for...disagreeing with you and using boilerplate scumhunting methods?

And then the ask fonti for approval.

Not seeing excited to have found a thing.

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I mean it's perfectly possible that I'm overvaluing it but it feels like I imagine town Proph would feel.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Proph/113?

Stanari is lock town in that world.

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Just some off the cuff reads:

I think 113 is pretty heavily town, he seems to have the same abrasiveness/tone as when I played with him in the WC game.

Cuth... I kind of did not like how he dipped after pressure kind of got away from him but I still sort of sympathize with him with how difficult it has been to be engaged in this game. I was feeling better about him like an hour or two ago. I'll probably reread/look at him at night.

dyachei is someone I want to engage with and talk to Day 2 because I know she's been scumreading me and I want to get that sorted out.

Fable.. other people say that he's town and I haven't thought about him all that much. I'll probably just sheep here for now, but form my own conclusion another time.

I still want to hear fontisian's reads progression on me because she said that "I ally with you" early game but then she voted me, which means that SOMETHING changed WRT her read on me but I can't remember /what/.

Jarizok is someone I have been avoiding thinking about but I'll probably try to engage with more on Day 2. Kind of in the dyachei category of like, "I'm scumreading you Proph but I don't want to engage with you" which is making me turn my head sideways.

Kalas.. Feels fairly standoffish and I have some gut indicators of him being town if that makes sense? My gut is townreading him more than my brain.

Miner is probbbably town because of the weiyaoli catch/the way he pointed it out felt townie?

Newcomb... So, the key with reading Newcomb is to track his nuance/depth of thought since Eido says that it's really hard for Newcomb to fake that if he's scum. He's been hitting all the depth/nuance markers in my opinion, but I'm still kind of scared of actually Reading him in a game because he's dunked me before. Gun to head, he's probably town though?

Scott.. is prob town despite Not Being Here.

SR I haven't spent too much time thinking about. Someone I definitely want to engage with Tomorrow.

Jan, same boat. Haven't read too many of his posts super closely, we haven't interacted, yeah.

Stanari/tsaiah are kind of the same boat for me in that they're townreading each other but haven't thought about them too much.

Vaimes is prob town.

Vira.. is prob town.

Weiyaoli is someone whose catchup posts I've liked, but his Cuth thing was pretty egregious reading it at first glance. Want to engage with tomorrow.

YVTN.. is prob town. Pretty much him and Zack are in the same pile of towniness to me.

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Vote: GH

I'm not.... super happy with anyone who's been wagoned today.

I can see the "Proph so awkward, lynch it" thing, I just don't super agree with it. I'm kind of buying the way he's trying to sort GH here and what "what if these are v/v wagons" thing. I think as a wolf here he just doesn't dedicate the energy it would take to do both things to a cause that doesn't really help him.

I'm iffy on the Koalas claim. There's the logic that if he were going to try to claim to save himself as a wolf, he'd do something with a little more oomph and at least try to bait out the CC. I agree with fonti that that SS post voting Koalas looked pretty suspect. I think, gun to my head, I'm sticking with my meta read on him and saying he just lacks the sleaziness of wolf!Koalas. I'm prepared to look a little dumb on this one, as if he's a wolf he got a townread out of me by self voting for 3/4 of the day, arguing with one person over like nothing, and then claiming Backup. So yeah.

Cuth has trended up, but when people started talking about him looking better, his activity tapered off, IIRC. I'd kinda like to hold his feet to the fire tomorrow. I checked out those games Fable linked and didn't get anything I'd call definitive from them, I'd call his wolf game more terse, and his towngame more flighty/floaty, and this is seeming like the latter. Kind of a risky read when I don't know the guy, but.

If I had sole control of the lynch I'd be pretty tempted to yolo onto Jan or SR. Jan I've gone over; SR has just.... overall body of work screams "I'm not sticking my neck out." Maaaaybe 113 for just like.... yeah that one would be a true shot in the dark "welp not a townread, so...."

If Proph/GH/Kolas are all somehow v/v/v here, I want to give Zack and to a lesser extent Visor a pretty hard look. A lot of their late-phase play has felt kind of like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic in that world.

Going phone-only, will only be able to vote and/or give super short responses.

GLGL

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Might have picked up the excited from this even though there's...not a lot of actual textual evidence for it.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Cuz what scum townreads a buddy for his townread on another buddy?

Actually that sounds like something I would do but I would make sure it was airtight before saying it near deadline.

17. Zack

Zack Squib

I don't know, this kinda feels like how when I'm a wolf, I will latch onto something like that to make a proud declaration on their alignment, then stick to it for longer than I should as the read remains static for that one thing.

I don't really think you're that wolfy, but, that's an odd thing to still be clinging on to at this point.

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    If it's Proph/113 I have been solidly rekt yet again.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Villagery mindmeld

20. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I don't like that all your reads are null or town.