1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. .113

.113 Squib

Well, i'm not really used to these long games or big games either so that's not a problem really, but it's not like he's actually around to try and be here for live interactions and that's basically what I meant. I really haven't caught up all those pages between 20 something and 60 something so I won't blame anyone else for that. But then there's the interaction part and he's not really participating much there.

But as for the vote thing/my reactions I meant that he says he's got the only vote then proceeds (and it's just a few posts away or something) by talking about my reaction to cuths vote. It's not much, which is why I say he's likely still town.

Did you actually come up with something different?

2. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Right, so I think I need to change up my playstyle for this game since there are so many people and so many posts. I've been spending too much of my spare time I have catching up slowly, even when I tried my 5 pages a paragraph method. And then at the end of that I've basically only gotten reads of a small portion of people. Gonna try out this approach and focus on my null reads instead of being 100% caught up, and see if it works better. Still not read through much of D2 apart from the last two pages. Will do that slowly as part of this approach.

So baseline reads I have from D1 (I think I've explained most of these already? But feel free to pick me up on any you want clarified):

town - Zack, Fable, Jarizok, Vaimes
    lean town - Newcomb, Secondhand Revenant, tom, Stanari
    lean scum - Cuthalion, Koalas, ScottPress
    scum - .113

true null (people who I don't remember enough of to have a read) - SS/Yeti, Tsaiah
    not too sure what to make of them (for various reasons) - Dyachei, Fontisian, Miner, Sooh (Jan), Vira

Again, this is mostly based on D1 before I had to leave the thread.

So I think for the few hours I have today, I'll spend them reviewing dyachei, fonti, miner, Jan and Vira first.

Please feel free to ask any questions/prod me though. I really want to be around more real time too.

3. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    SR Iso:

SR Iso:

I don't like this post. I don't know entirely why. It feels like he's trying to pin something on someone for getting a joke.

I find this weird because it's like his 4th post. He did just catch up, but why phrase it as remind me? I guess I find it weird that there's not independent input from SR on this. He just kind of wants 113's read. Feels lazy.

I won't post his follow up where he basically pesters 113 for it.

It feels like he's trying to find reasons to push people. This is basically an excuse to ignore a townread.

His argument back and forth with 113 over something little is not really alignment indicative for him.

Ok so this one is weird. I mean, proph was hedgy. Just look at his posts. Not sure this means anything more than SR wasn't paying a lot of attention to proph.

He's asking questions, but we're not really getting independent reads. The reactive thing is something I'm noticing going through this. Not sure who mentioned that earlier. The point he's stuck on is Miner's reaction to Newcomb. He also seems to be going after Fonti.

So before he didn't really have a Scott read, and now he's town? There was no discussion of this progression in the intervening posts.

I hate this post. If Koalas is scum, this feels w/w.

This, too.

But now he's voting him.

He also drops his Proph read in this post:

As for conclusion - I think there's a lot of reason to look at SR if Koalas is scum. I don't like the reactivity of his reads. He's asking questions, but he's not really proffering anything up himself. I find several of his progressions alarming. I'm going with wolf lean.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well the non green name is definitely a clue but I feel like that's not quiiiite the answer you're looking for. So theorycrafting time.

The main three wagons yesterDay were myself, GH and Cuth. Proph had a minor moment but that died fairly quickly. In terms of lynchability myself and GH were similar in general thread presence and thread opinions on our alignments. I'm town. GH flipped town and from how he played out EoD it was obvious he wasn't a town PR. Proph flipped town. Whether Cuth is town or scum changes mindsets significantly so that'll be the main scenario factor to focus on.

Scenario 1)

Cuth is scum. This is the scenario that makes the most sense to me from a wagon perspective. Scum are less likely to rock the boat as if GH/myself fell through thread focus could easily fall onto third place. I'd expect a higher concentration of scum then rand on Proph's short lived wagon as it'd be a viable alternative.

Scenario 2)

Cuth is town. Every major wagon yesterDay was town. Scum are more spread out then expected as whichever way the vote goes won't backfire on them. This does raise some interest in why GH was the final wagon. Could be happenstance but gut is saying that in this scenario GH was seen as the largest threat, even as a Vanilla. That tells me that there was scum in the late driving factors, specifically one experienced with GH.

Below I've got the vote counts from mid Saturday then throughout Sunday.
    Vote Count post 1452:
    Vaimes (3): yeav, Stanari, Zack
    Koalas (2): Koalas, Proph
    Stanari (2): Scott, GH
    GH (1): Swedish
    Proph (1): Jarizok
    Fonti (1): tom
    Dyachei (1): Fable
    Zack (1): fonti
    Fable (1): dyachei
    Tom (1): Newcomb
    Miner (1): Revenant
    Yeav (1): .113
    Scott (1): Vira
    .113 (1): weiyaoli
    Newcomb (1): Cuth
    Cuth (1): Vaimes

Abstain (3): Tsaiah, Sooh, Miner

Vote Count post 2219:

Cuth (6): Vaimes, tom, Swedish, Newcomb, Jarizok, weiyaoli
    Koalas (5): Koalas, Proph, fonti, Miner, yeav
    GH
    (4): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei
    Miner (1): Revenant
    Jan (1): Fable

Abstain (4): Tsaiah, Jan, .113, Vira

Vote Count post 2432:

GH (6): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei, Vira, Koalas
    Cuth (5): Vaimes, tom, Swedish, Jarizok, weiyaoli
    Koalas (4): Proph, fonti, Miner, yeav
    .Jan (2): Newcomb, Fable
    113 (1): Revenant

Abstain (3): Tsaiah, Jan, .113

Vote Count post 2562:
    Koalas (7): Proph, fonti, Miner, yeav, GH, Vaimes, .113
    GH (6): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei, Vira, Koalas
    Cuth (4): tom, Swedish, Jarizok, weiyaoli
    Jan (2): Newcomb, Fable
    Stanari (1): Scott
    113 (1): Revenant

Abstain (2): Tsaiah, Jan

Vote Count post 2745:

GH (8): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei, Vira, Koalas, Fable, Revenant
    Koalas (7): Proph, Miner, GH, Vaimes, .113, Swedish, fonti
    Cuth (2): tom, weiyaoli
    Proph (2): yeav, Jarizok
    Jan (1): Newcomb

Vote Count post 2763:

GH (8): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei, Vira, Koalas, Fable, Revenant, Proph
    Koalas (6): Miner, GH, Vaimes, .113, Swedish, fonti
    Cuth (2): tom, weiyaoli
    Proph (2): yeav, Jarizok

Vote Count 2776:

GH (10): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei, Vira, Koalas, Fable, Revenant, Proph, Jarizok
    Proph (2): yeav, tom
    Cuth (1): weiyaoli

Vote Count post 2826:

GH (11): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei, Vira, Koalas, Fable, Revenant, Proph, Jarizok, Newcomb

Vote Count post 2820:
    GH (12): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei, Vira, Koalas, Fable, Revenant, Proph, Jarizok, Newcomb, fonti
    Koalas (5): Miner, GH, Vaimes, .113, Swedish

Vote Count Final:
    GH (14): Zack, Stanari, Cuth, dyachei, Vira, Koalas, Fable, Revenant, Proph, Jarizok, Newcomb, fonti, yeav, Tsaiah
    Koalas (5): Miner, GH, Vaimes, .113, Swedish
    Proph (1): tom

Abstain (1): Jan

So in Scenario 1 the huge consolidation of wagons from Saturday to Sunday is probably the most interesting transition as at that point Cuth is the leading wagon in the last.. 8 hours iirc so scum are going to want to drift away at the first excuse. These players were, in order, Newcomb, Vaimes, Swedish and Jarizok. tom as well but given the lateness of this it doesn't feel the same.

Newcomb:
    Long interaction with yeav discussing Cuth before voting Jan. I'm personally leaning town on Newcomb but if you were looking for a wolf interaction that killed the Cuth wagon this would be it.

Vaimes:

So on for weak reasons, with a built in rescind. Later on was happy about leading the Cuth wagon which feels bouncy Vaime-y. Jumps over to me for scuminess and not liking the GH wagon. Not a huge fan of his lack of follow up on the Cuth wagon.

SS:
    Enters with a catch up post and vote on Cuth for kind of weak reasons but its early game. Briefly switches over to GH then:

Which again reads weak to me. He later switches over to me (with ensuing weirdness) but does so leading with this:
    Which, gunna be honest, reads more as buzzwords to get off then actual reasoning. I don't like this.

Jarizok:
    I.. this is pretty weak reasoning honestly. Feels like a stretch. Also one of the people that moved over to Proph, though that was during the poker game and analysis there is bit sketchy.

Scenario 2)
    Here we're more looking at the 'lazy' votes. Tsaiah and Jan. Scott, weiyaoili, tom. Personally Jan seem most suspect in this scenario for the lack of votes (pot/kettle I know). Jan certainly had the content to vote. Tsaiah is still suspicious but has been claiming eternal catch up which is kind of understandable. In the voting crowd, tom was doing things and I;m still pretty ok with Scott. Wei I just had an impression of being uninvested in either wagon, which just got magnified with his post today.

tl;dr

Cuth, SS and Wei should be focuses.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Cuthalion

Addendum: while pretty lvl 1 I've got a gut feeling the scum sweet spots on the GH wagon will hold true.

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I take it you're ignoring the fact that it was on copypasta and just saying it was "a stretch"?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cool.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I've read through Fable/Dya isos a couple of times and am just drawing blanks.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll get to this, I need to to look some stuff up.

You didn't put me on your readslist, so I am only returning the favor. :(

(You're with Fable. You're here and doing things, but I haven't looked at your posts closely enough or know you well enough to have an opinion).

Are you orange color-blind?

Getting fought over again.

[​IMG]

If you took more than two seconds to read, you would notice I put Newcomb in orange for being low-impact and his readup posts not being as strong as usual. But sure, let's go with post count. Kalas is the worst because I can see a world where he does this shit as town because it's in-character, but the fact he isn't trying makes it look like a scum that's given up. He did something like this (as scum) in WH8 too. And if he's not going to try, then I don't want him in this game.

And did you really take my perfection comment seriously?

How long did you play WH8 with me? I love being talked about. I threw a fit in WH Invitational when I felt like I was being ignored.

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

I don't know how I feel about that gif at all.

8. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I guess I should just never spoiler stuff I want people to read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Fable

Thoughts on SR?

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

Wait has Vira ever ever gotten spicy in a game before?

I've only ever seen her get sort of to this point in WH7 (again, not talking about it ._.) and she was town there.

10. Vira

High Score:
    Hey Kalas, quick question before I actually look at your analysis. Is there any reason why you didn't green in your own name?

11. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Does Kalas usually color himself in?

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I do not.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What are you on about?

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

The main thing I remember about dyachei in particular is their anger late D1 about being ignored in the thread before proceeding to have a spat with Fable.

I'm conflicted about my read of them because I really town read their frustration and tone from that series of posts about feeling like they aren't interacting with anyone really in the game and still being lightly scum read by people. However, and this is part of their frustration I realise, I don't really remember much else about their play yesterday and they had a fair amount of posts.

Skimming through their ISO, I think I remember why I didn't really recall much of their posts. Fairly insightful posts, but very short and snappy. It's always difficult for me to read people who like to keep cards close to their chest. I'm still town-reading dyachei's anger at Fable (and actually also their exchange with fonti and yeavoxx). I especially like their continued insistence to stick to what they think re:whether the proph wagon is viable - I feel scum!dyachei would have more decision paralysis here about how to respond to prods from fairly up front/bristly people like yeahvoxx and fonti.

I think I've seen enough to be happy putting them in the lean-town pile.

14. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Hey Vira! You love being talked about in a positive light, sure. Name me people scumreading you before it all went to hell in WH8 though? Haven't read WHI.

This non-conversation you headed off seemed to be heading elsewhere, and I think wolf you is perfectly happy with people focusing on yesterday's wagons because I'm of the opinion there's no scum there, so it makes sense.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Touche lol.

16. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

And sure, you mentioned a couple of scummie things about Newcomb and Kalas, but they were barely worse than the hedges in your townreads. Doesn't feel like you believe your cases at all.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Since I'm someone you suggest the thread should focus on, could you explain more what you mean here? Uninvested how?

18. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Anyone want to actually respond about the SR iso or nah?

19. Vira

High Score:
    Delphine. She was my arch-nemesis and actually did a meta read on me. Fable questioned his townread of me a couple times but was ultimately on my side. Kai voted for me and was about to start a wagon before I derpcleared myself and was forgotten for the next two weeks.

I don't know where you got this read of me from. I mocked people town-reading me because they were for such stupid reasons.

Non-conversation?

Don't tell me what I believe and don't believe.

20. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    @Stanari I'm specifically looking at you.