1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I do agree with several of your points, but I'm really not sure where Yeti fits into the equation.

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This mostly. I'm getting more of a 'I should put my vote somewhere and this is where the thread is saying it's useful' vibe as opposed to a 'Cuth vote is useful' vibe.

3. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    SS was independently scummy. And his interactions with SS were a little underwhelming.

4. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

This bit:
    It's just blatantly awful reasoning, built around a misunderstanding, and we did talk about it at some length, so wondering if you just missed that conversation or if you're hedging and saying "oh it's not all bad i guess" for who knows what reason.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Does SR usually/ever white knight against a teammate's arguments?

5. Koalas

High Score:
    It's not w/w and the two posts regarding me feel too.. clumsy to be a pocket attempt? Do SR and GH play a lot together?

6. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I think he has in the past. I know he's definitely argued with his own teammates (as with niklor and house in IAAFR's game).
    --- Post automerged ---
    They have played a handful of games together.

7. Koalas

High Score:
    I'm going to go with missed a conversation for now until I can go back to check. To be clear here are you talking about the Veav/GH/Newcomb cps or is this even more bullshit floating around that I'm completely unaware of?

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm currently admiring some trees so let me get back to you on that.

9. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    They have play
    Definitely makes total sense. I mean, why would you try to read the posts of the person you say you're trying to get a read on? :p

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

I so want to townread this holy god.

11. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Explain that. Miner *didn't* get the joke. Why don't you find it odd that he called him 90% town after he just put out copypasta that doesn't seem like something he'd say?

Lazy on my 4th post? Well that's a good accusation, dya. You feel like you're trying to go for an angle here with the least generous interpretation possible. I asked to know what was going on in his head.

Because posting me doing something in regards to the question makes you accusation look dumb?

Explain what you mean by 'an excuse to ignore a townread'. Are you saying you just love the logic I argued against and that I should have been swayed by it?

You mean me reading zack, wei, miner, .113 weren't independent reads?

And? I'd barely entered the thread the first time.

Why do you hate it?

Same question.

So when did you decide to stop reading intervening posts? Like my entire exchange with koalas over his claim that I just cited as my reason for voting him?

Almost as if I changed my mind based on proph's later posting.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Also, someone please respond? I think Vira has generally been the resident "nice guy (girl)" and I found that post to be super weird and am unsure if it can actually be AI or not.

13. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

That seems like an overreaction to a typically Stanari thing to say.

14. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

The guy Newc was copypasting? The post Jari voted me for was directly copied from the same guy, around the time Newc was wrapping that up.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This is more literal than you think.

16. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I didn't tell you what you believe, I told you what it feels like to me that you believe. That's just some random spice to the response tbh.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

So my general impression of fonti - I never really know how to read fonti. I've only "caught" her once as scum through interaction analysis because I always overemphasise sounding "reasonable" as being town-y. So with a lack of more recent experience, I'm not sure how much to read into my town read that comes from her not being afraid at all to be aggressive as it were - a lack of concern about appearances, even when a few people started suspecting her.

So looking at her content instead. I disagree pretty heavily with her initial Zack case, but I can't really read much from the following posts. I get the feeling that Zack is a emotive player regardless of alignment so the resulting over defensiveness is NAI. In her mega case post on Zack in #1280, her progression on some of the points feel a little like they've decided that Zack is scum already and therefore is reading even smaller things as scummy. Stuff like disagreeing on their read of Scott's post which earlier was that the reaction was not clever and is now elaborated to be because it was "a meaningless attempt to throw mud".

Just thinking about the possible agenda from a wolf!fonti PoV though. She's obviously not appearing to be stubborn and not back off the person she was scum reading most of the thread so far, because she swaps to Kalas really quickly after. I don't really see the agenda? Like the play would be to try and keep Zack open as a mislynch given that a couple people were town-reading them. But when she self admits people hate reading walls, this reasoning doesn't make sense.

I like her constant pushes onto me as well. She's actively engaging with people she suspects and it seems like she's actually trying to figure dyachei/me out. I don't really know how far ahead scum!fonti would plan ahead in terms of counting mislynches, but it definitely feels like if she knew I was town she would have been happy to not prod people who she thinks have lame town reads of me, if not throw out a vague town read of me.

I think she's town.

18. .113

.113 Squib

Actually i disagreeing about the ww with Koalas, but SR is scum. Koalas might be.

Note that he not only changed his mind of Scott but Also Came to the conclusion that im town but then goes on to put me in the scumpile
    --- Post automerged ---
    We agree on one thing then
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Secondhand revenant

19. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Well, this is the right level of venom I'd expect from you.

I didn't post more of the same because it's more of the fucking same. I'm not going to post every quote when it's 1) not easy to do on DLP and 2) unnecessary. But I'm glad you think I look dumb. Now expand on that thought and give a read.

I thought miner's response looked like he was playing along.

And yes, it is lazy to get everyone else's reads over and over again instead of producing your own. I don't care if you think I'm not being generous enough.

Your logic was ~ok but not great. And it felt like you were trying to keep doubt on that player. It's just how it appeared to me.

I thought I was clear in saying that we weren't getting many independent reads not 0.

I don't know why I hate it. If I did, I would have elucidated in the thread.

I didn't stop reading them. I read them in their entirety. I didn't include them in the ISO.

Almost as if you did but didn't say it in the GD thread. Now when shit like that happens, it feels like TMI, so I called it out.

20. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Having dinner so will get back to miner/jan/vira afterwards. Then will start on tsasiah and/or Yeti/SS if I still have time.