1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    ????
    --- Post automerged ---
    I swear to God this game people have called me every possible thing compared to WH.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think half the thread is probably Done with SR vs Dya at this point, but the post referenced here is a D2 post and thus just makes no sense.

2. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

How often do you get scum who are truly super scummy though? Like just look at ..113 being a witch that dude was hard af to make a case on and the people who were doing ridiculously scummy things (like Fishy asking about zookeeper but being musketeer, the lowposters selectively answering questions and refusing to explain and so forth) were town.

Iunno I feel like when you're playing with people who have been around the block in mafia you aren't gonna get super scummy behavior from scum, or at least it won't be agreed-on as such. It's the people who you're like yeah this guy is in the game but so what who are letting it happen around them, posting but not Posting to solve, especially if scum look to be in a better position due to town mislynching/misvigging, who are probably scum at better levels. The powerwolf aside but I don't think it's very common to see like, 3 or 4 wolves all trying to powerwolf.

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I see your point. But if that person claimed, that would be a good time to re-evaluate both claims, it's not automatic that mason claim = town.

So I'm kinda flagging a little here since I've been reading ISOs for a couple hours now. Will try and finish vira before sleeping, but may not.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ahh. See by MORE CP bullshit I meant people outside those 3 posting these amazing jokes that everyone clearly got. That said I did track down the conversation you two had hundreds of posts later and I'm not seeing how it's relevant? If anything it confirms what I was saying.

I think scum would take advantage of a third v wagon, especially if (from their POV) the two v wagons were based on easily corrected misunderstandings/arguments.

That's the big mystery isn't it. Could be a MU/experience heavy mafia team that saw more value in dog piling GH. WINE strategy of keeping most of the team off the leading wagons could be possible, especially if Cuth is v, but that feels like to complicated an explanation.

@Stanari you can always just.. ask me questions on that interesting post that you didn't get anything out of.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Zack had a lot of stuff that felt more like busywork than gamesolving, but while rereading I have some [reasons] to think he might be town.
    Plus half of the thread thinks he is town, which I cannot comprehend, but they can't all be scum powerwolfing.

Tom is a lovely young man or a spider. Lovely young spider.

Stan feels less frustrated than in witchhunt, but I don't think she is less towny.

I can feel the same. I shouldn't because I have down way more work in the short amount of time I have been in the game than in the whole witchhunt game, I think.
    But that is not really indicative of my alignment, because I was sick and had the time to do some work while not sleeping.

Overall your reads feel like a lot of different shades of null, while your words in other posts felt more like "You are a scum." "And you are a scum."

The part about me fakeclaiming mason .. it wuld be a huge risk as scum ebcause I know that Eido includes masons are neighbours or something like that quite a lot in his games and claiming something like that as scum and getting counterclaimed is just not worth the risk.
    There are prs that you would be fine with outting for your life. Mason is not one of them.

You are in general way more on the edge or something like that than before.

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Though I'm feeling a little paranoid that all the null pile I've sorted so far I've ended up leaning town of a certain degree on. Should definitely go through and re-evaluate my previous town reads.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

@Koalas

While you are here, can you give a a full readslists etc?

With short reasons if you can give them.

You don't need to include too much of the worlds in it. I want to know what you think not what makes sense in which world.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Good news, you've seen town fonti now.

9. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

lol Jan I had barely read the thread I'm not seriously calling anyone hard-scum off that. In absence of having read D1 though I gotta generate content and there were a fair few shadynasty posts made after I subbed in to push against.

I feel like my play here is pretty much the same as it was D1 before I settle into the game and mellow. Wow has it really been a month since WH started?

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I can agree that it is closer to your d1 play.

The problem is I hated your d1 play with a passion and mellowed down on your play d2 onwards (regardless of my alignment in that game).
    And your d2 onwards play is what is left in my head. I basically decided to ignore dyachei and you yelling at each other for a couple of hours.

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Jan is one of my stronger townreads, and I've played with him a lot, if that helps Yeti.

12. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Have I, though?

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I realize that (as my readlist shows, lol); however, I feel like Dya's level of bloodlust is high enough that she must see something more than that.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I find it weird that Yeti is scumreading me when we seem to agree on most things that aren't yeti.

Other than her thinking I'm doing, like, hard alignment reads rather than just seeing if current posts make sense as w/w...

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    The issue is more that I have a 0 in reading comprehension today.

16. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Can you sum up what things you think we agree on or your stances on people/interactions itg?

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I have not decided on Fontis alignment.

I think if Koalas and Cuth are town, then I could see this world where Vira and Fonti are cackeling in their little witchchat while the world goes down in flames.

But I don't think Vira is likely scum with Cuth or Koalas, and Fonti not likely with Koalas.
    She can push a partner hard, believe me she tried to CFD me once when we rolled scum together just because she got bored.

18. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

I like this reason for trying to talk to dya about it.

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

The answer to both questions; by accident.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    My POE looks awful.