1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay, back for like an hour before I have to go to work again.

I'll catch up on the last five pages.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Once.

Hahahahahaha 10ppp GOAT.

3. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    10ppp is why people go insane.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Note the cackling.

Could you answer this?

5. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    The way he gave the reasons. And yes, there is a distinction. Sometimes things are contrived not out of an agenda, but out of a desire to see something.

6. Vira

High Score:
    Low post count, tone, not doing much, but I’ve only seen scum Newcomb once (I think). And in that game it took like four Days of Newcomb acting like Lex Luthor before the town caught on.

Can you link me to a post of yours that mentioned this?

Also this.

Was I drunk when I wrote that because I can't remember ever writing that.

I took Zack’s post a joke to show his feelings on the matter. Do you see it as completely serious? You’re overreacting.

Ehhh, I wouldn’t say the claim isn’t part of Jan’s scum range. He never claimed who is partner is, and he’s smart enough to know when to claim to make it look good.

Good point.

So you believe Scott not being here is scummy?

I dropped it because Scott vanished into the void and I was waiting for him to come back. :p

Eh, decent for Newcomb. Maybe I’ll compare it to his other games if I have time.

How.

I swear half your posts are "I'm still reading!"

Also hi, Owner.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This seems like kind of a weird thought.

Okay, thanks. I'll look at that again when I get a chance.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @tsaiah @tsaiah @tsaiah
    : (
    --- Post automerged ---
    Presumably because it's Zack's post?

8. Vira

High Score:
    I know that. :p I'm wondering how that came out of my ISO.

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Oh.

I dunno, magic of reading ISOs and then randomly ending up somewhere else.

Refresh me on your opinion on 113?

10. Vira

High Score:
    Lean scum. He scum-read me most significantly for my "bad" reads on Newcomb and Kalas and when I pointed out that he wasn't reading correctly and I did have actual reads, he didn't respond or change his opinion. Maybe I missed a post that had him responding?

I'm going through his ISO later, but I also have to do Cuth, so I'll probably do it tomorrow.

11. Zack

Zack Squib

I should do a much better job of actually fulfilling the plan I had for my play in my first post. Day 1 had too much free time and I just wanted to be in the thread playing ww. Both of those have changed by now, I .... don't really want to interact with anyone tbh.

Order within tiers is not meaningful, it's mostly just alphabetical.

I have not re-read the thread or looked at ISOs. You only live once.

----

Zack - Who's this sexy bitch?

----

Dyachei - Either a villager or copying her villa game to a tee imo.

----

Vaimes - I still don't like his posting very much, or at all really, but I guess this is supposedly just how he plays as town and he's the worst wolf to ever play? Meh.

Jarizok, Tom - Just seem like villagers to me. Also a enjoyable people to have in the thread, sue me.

Stanari - Something something, postcount and seems fine enough I guess.

----

Jan (Sooh) - Don't care that much for his posts, but his claim is self-resolving almost always. I don't get why he's so preoccupied with taking digs at me, and going after silly stuff like the kalas/koalas thing, but whatever.

----

.113 - There was some push he made that I liked, but I don't remember and don't care enough to look. Seems pretty carefree? idk, I had him as light town in my notes last night for some reason.

Cuthalion - I've already mentioned too much how I don't think Cuth is an easy person to read. But I've liked a few things from him, and the things that make me a bit uneasy... I dunno, there's always some amount of that with him regardless of alignments. Dunno if he gets this snappy/sarcastic as a wolf either, but I've seen it from him as a villager pretty sure (before someone brings up my comment about not liking the sarcastic thing earlier - I meant more from just a thread health standpoint than alignment-wise).

Weiyaoli - Don't know why some people are so enthusiastically calling him town. He seems fine, I guess. But I could see him going either way without much surprise.

Koalas - Maybe I'm just being stubborn since people keep saying "lol Zack you know you're going to look sooooo bad when Koalas flips wolf, right?" But the line seemed to be that, as a wolf he'd have trouble organically jumping back into things today, which he didn't seem to have much problem doing? And I seem to be the only person thinking the claim is something positive for him.

----

Miner - Don't remember him doing much except hating me, getting mad at copypasta, posting song lyrics, and a really weird town read on Newcomb.

Fontisian - Went back and forth on this from light wolf to light town and back. I have no strong opinion either way.

Owner (ScottPress) - I thought Scott was awkward and felt a bit off, though everyone else tried to assure me he's just new and actually a step away from innocent child. Not a huge fan of Owner's entrance, responding to irrelevant stuff from page 1 like it's in real time seems like a pointless waste of time. Just read the thread and give your thoughts/notes on it when you're done. What she's doing now seems like busywork. Some minor things that look a little good, will give time.

Secondhand Revenant - Don't really know how to read him. Feel like he has just kinda been there, occasionally snapping at someone, which is well within both of his ranges as far as I know.

Vira - shrug.jpg, sorry but you're last alphabetically and I now feel a bit meh about my earlier vote.

----

Newcomb - Feel underwhelmed by all of his walls. I can't remember much of a conclusion he came to after all his analysis. Seems like he should have found at least something to push with sufficient vigor to make enough of an impact on me to remember. The way he talks about me/visor powerwolfing felt premature, and then he just dismisses that own thought today by saying "well the dead townies all strongly townread Zack"? Doesn't feel right.

Fable - Everyone likes him, but he's been fairly low-impact and little aggression compared to what I'd expect for him as town. I haven't bothered to check (this will be a recurring theme), but he feels more like Copless than Personalized just by my GUT. One thing giving me pause is I think he'd probably try to pocket dyachei if that's w/v?

Tsaiah - I don't remember her doing anything specifically wolfy... But barely being present except for the occasional catchup post I mostly shrug at is probably how she plays as a wolf?

----

Yeti (SwedishSkumbag) - SS had this vaguely wolfy aura about him on D1 I could never quite put into words. Visor pointed out how like seemingly half his posts are asking people what alignment they prefer, the usefulness of which is dubious, and I agree with that. I dislike Yeti's entrance into the thread. Coming in guns blazing after people for making a single post you don't like, while admitting to not having read anything and putting off reading... feel like that's a thing wolves tend to do (a la Phighter in WC Reunion). She had seemingly no interest in reading Cuth's iso after she was going hard on him based off like two posts or whatever it was. And how she's been so over-defensive and relying on the power of OMGUS (like, she townread me until my comment about "someone dayvig yeti then let's lunch newcomb," which she wrote several essays about and reversed her read on me... what?). And some of here defenses seem to be taking offense less at being called a wolf and more at being called a wolf with someone.

----

tl;dr Someone dayvig yeti then let's lunch newcomb.

Vote: Yeti

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    !

More words?

13. Zack

Zack Squib

Tone.

Like her pushes. Agree with them the appropriate amount.

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Sorry if these are a bit too stream of consciousness-y, feeling tired this evening and I can't seem to write more coherent sentences.

Vira:
    The whole RNG/RVS thing is NAI. I vaguely like how she backs off embarrassed?
    Defence of Stanari and push onto ScottPress reads ok if fairly boring. I like sticking to her guns about Scott after getting pushed by Zack and her case on Scott.
    Her iso of GH came out fairly inconclusive. I wouldn't call it hedging, but more I don't really get what her read of GH was at that point. I don't really like the phrase "I can see where the wagon came from".

I skimmed over the rest of her posts and realised why I had her in my inconclusive tier. Not sure how to explain it, but I like the stuff she's posting individually, but overall I don't get a sense of her reads? Maybe I'm too tired to parse it all correctly still, she does a lot of small interjections into the game that I agree with (mostly), but feels mild/ineffectual overall. Gonna re-read her when I'm more alert and see if that changes my mind at all.

Moving her into lean scum, but on a weaker tier compared to Cuth/Koalas.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I read over tsaiah's posts, and a lot of it is super boring/mild? (Not a surprise given it was apparently based on the first 8 pages of this gargantuan thread).

It's like my read of her is really just level 1 atm - lurking is bad and she's probably scummy for doing that given her statement about not liking playing scum? But honestly lynching them would just be a policy lynch tier lynch reasoning, I don't really see anything that stands out as scummy apart from the inactivity itself.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I don't think Tsaiah not being here at all is alignment indicative.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Welp, test is done, college can go back to being "not important" for the rest of the week.

Also, HI OWNER! Is mistress still not in the cards?

I'm mostly caught up. I kinda still don't really understand that reaction by Yeti to the dayvig comment, but don't really know her at all beyond the MU WH game that shall not be named, so I can't really tell if that kind of reaction is actually AI or not.

I think I'd be happy with Koalas/Yeti wagons. Still not sure what to think about Cuth. There just seems to be long stretches of silence followed by some decent posts followed by everyone getting off his wagon (scummates backing off or town making Actual Town Reads?) and then more silence and then a return of the wagon?

I think @tom is the one pushing for cuth the most right now? Sell me on Cuth?

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Can you be more specific about which pushes you liked?

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Joking aside, Scott replaced out as town on D2 two years ago, so I don't think his activity drop was alignment indicative in the slightest. I think owner putting a vote down that early in her catchup is very her, and is towny.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

What meta are you basing this off of?

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I read newcomb's iso.
    Didn't, like, find things I wanted to quote or come away with a strong conclusion. I can see worlds where he's a wolf, but he mostly just looks like Newcomb.

I did add some of his unalignments to my little list:

ALIGNED?
    koalas/113
    yeti/koalas
    vira/cuth
    sr/cuth
    zack/koalas
    newcomb/cuth
    newcomb/yeti

UNALIGNED
    scott/stanari
    vira/scott
    vira/113
    koalas/fonti
    sr/113
    fonti/zack
    NEWCOMBS
    vira/zack
    sr/cuth
    113/wei
    fable/dya
    --- Post automerged ---
    Which, @Miner is part of why I'm thinking cuth.
    IDK if I'm the biggest pusher of it, since I'm currently voting yeti, but Cuth works on more teams than anyone. Like, in a world where I'm right about most of my townreads it's near impossible to build a team without either him or yeti, maybe both.

With cuth it's a matter of what should be. A bunch of posts but not impact. A bunch of posts but not unalignments even.