1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This is an extremely accurate description of my feelings.

2. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Cuthalion - who?
    Jan - claimed mason
    Vaimes - people say he's really villagery, for vaimes, this read is purely dependent on other people being straightforward but widespread enough that he's almost definitely just a villager
    Stanari - free as a bird
    Zack* - if wolf, is xXxPOWERWOLF1NGxXx
    Fontisian - villagery, pretty clear definition of town/wolf game from meta, lines up well with village game.

Owner - Scott was pretty villagery, but she'll produce more and curious to see what's forthcoming.
    Weiyaoli - Liked early posts, liked most recent posts, don't remember specifically?
    Miner - Had some villagery spots, but don't get PURE FLOWY VILLAGER either from a meta or a analytic pov.
    Tom -
    Koalas - Claim is questionable, weirdness with GH is I think meh, but I thought had a couple good posts.

Tsaiah ??? but stanari sez villagery.
    Jarizok ??? gth v
    .113 ???
    Dyachei ???
    Fable ???
    Vira ???

Newcomb - Am underwhelmed, has given nothing that i think is grandly villagery, keeps promising more. Trending down.

Secondhand Revenant - Quiet, has inserted himself into... not ideal places? Didn't like what he did at EoD or his behavior during discussion early on.
    Yeti - Really dislike how she handled thread entrance, was being needlessly dramatic and abrasive, though that's thankfully cooled down a bit, did think SS was fairly villagery, but can't easily reconcile her methods with a town mindset knowing that Yeti is not the same person as Titus.
    --- Post automerged ---

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I don't really know Fonti that well but meta reading her generally seems like an exercise in bad ideas.

4. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

/shrug

There's a distinct tonal difference between the games I looked at.

Maybe i'll try to hunt down another, but.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    @cuth
    You'll note that that first one is mine and that second one is Newcomb's.
    --- Post automerged ---
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well that quote was a bit of a disaster.
    But no I don't actually agree with that one particularly.
    Especially compared to what I was seeing with SR always grouping cuth with someone else.
    Think Newcomb is reaching for that unalignment. Think he looks like scum with cuth. Especially the way he interacted with yvtn about him towards deadline. The whole "I think this is how you would treat him as a partner" thing.

It's not as blatant as SS and Cuth clearing eachother for some pretty weak stuff, but that could also be pocketing that's working in some direction.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cuth/Yeti/SR/Newcomb is, like, a legit possibility IMO. Makes a lot of things make sense.
    Maybe... too many things?

Koalas/113 probably clear in that world.
    Rest of the team probably has to be in, like, either Vira or Scott. And one of dya/miner/jan/(big gap)/fable/zack.
    Though zack makes less sense with newcomb and for that I probably have to go back and find a place for Koalas which is yeah ok I'm lost posting it anyway.

6. .113

.113 Squib

@Vira no i dont think i specifically mentioned his toner being off before, i did say something along the lines of gut read him scum though when someone asked me for reads and I gave them.

But Maybe thats what you meant.

Anyways sorry Ive been very off today. Lots of stuff going on right now. Ill try to get back on track tomorrow, i felt i got in the game a bit yesterday but completely lost it today with all the work Ive done. Will sleep now hopefully gain some energy.

Night

7. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

IT'S ALIVE! xD

Later than I expected, real life is a b*tch, belated happy halloween, etc.

And now I have to go to work for a few. :p /baaait

Be here in fullblown Making Up for Lost Time Mode afterwards, am only ~10 pages or so from being caught up now (!) God bless 72 hour days.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Tsaiah please

Tsaiah

Tsaiah

Tsaiah please

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

@Cuthalion What is your definition of power wolfing?

10. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I would refer you to Thingy's article on MU, but in this case I was just referring to the image he's posted about three or four times this game.

11. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Wow there's really less than a page of votes? TF y'all doin while I go outside??????

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Playing with spreadsheets instead of literally anything useful or productive, and also refreshing the page sadly and not posting (see: lack of anything useful or productive).
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is it bad if I kind of want to make name misspelling reads again?

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

I took a nap.

@tom are you saying that the two of them are on your lynch list purely because of the number of worlds they could work in?

14. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Zack's paragraph and reason for voting me is so bad and wrong I think I was right to reverse my read on him. Like Jesus dude is that genuinely how you view my posts and intents here? If so you're either a wolf or one of the typical egotistical players who qq about BAD ENTRANCE for several days straight and never once reconsider that it's not actually a bad entrance, your view of it is just wrong, nor is it something a wolf would do by big dicking their way in. I can link you to a game where some idiot harped on the same thing for days and tried to death tunnel me.

I'm honestly really confused by where tom's me/Newcomb aligned thing came considering I've never made a post to/about Newcomb yet have I? And he's ignored me except maybe like one post.

So where are you pulling this possible alignment out of? Like seriously every time you say a w/w pairing possibility I'm just blown away by either how much I disagree with it or how unfounded I think it is. Zack will probably screech pathetically this is more of me not disliking being called a wolf but who I'm w/w with and that's just "lol." Failreading me is one thing, failreading me with wolf pairings when one of the things you can say about me in literally every game I'm town is "she clearly has no teammates" is just... stupefying to me. So was the dya/SR w/w toss-out.

Also yes Owner I am the same from MU and many people think I'm a male at first... prolly cause they aren't used to such aggro from a gril in mafia.
    --- Post automerged ---
    lol this is the second time I've typo'd votes for posts rip.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh Cuth is another blockhead in the "UR ENTRANCE WAS BAD AND DOING STUFF WITH YOUR VOTE BEFORE YOU'VE READ EVERY SINGLE POST AND NOT BEING SUPER FRIENDLY TO ME IS BAD" camp lol sorry to be blunt I just have 0 time for y'all after some idiot trying to death tunnel me in another game.

Every time I sub in some guys (and it's always only guys) start whining my entrance was TOO BRASH AND BOLD AND BAD and stick on that point to not advance their reads on me.

Maybe you should get better at reading and understanding what makes someone do things as town versus mafia??????????? Like call this WIFOM but if I wanted to slide in as scum and not make an impression or stand out... I dunno... think this one through for yourselves.

Has nobody answered my point about if it's Koalas' meta to tunnel like he did on GH? I genuinely feel like he came into GH's posts with the intent to SR them and he legit never questioned that read once. All of his posts to GH are shading him/interrogating him/disliking him except the 2 I also quoted that I thought showed a townie desire to interact with GH, but that's really the only time I think he demonstrated a desire to do anything but push GH as scummy.
    --- Post automerged ---
    To do list after I finish reading this page:

WH players ISOs to give a stronger opinion
    Cuth ISO
    Who else is a shady mofo I should ISO

15. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Building a new computer.

Also, fable, I want your honest opinion on yeti.

16. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I'm not saying you're lying about any of these reasons you didn't vote but these are some SERIOUS johns about why you didn't vote lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What's up dya

What's your opinion on me?

Heck what's your spicy opinion on anyone itg?

How are you feeling about SR today?

17. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    My opinion on you is that your perspective isn't the same as last game.

I've given several opinions.

I feel better about SR given that reaction to my push, honestly.

18. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Zack's reasons to TR people versus his reasons for SRing people are laughably bad. "postcount" "meta" "seems villagery" but actual thoughts and paras for the SRs.

Are you having trouble faking TRs or something?
    --- Post automerged ---
    lol @ Vira telling me I'm overreacting I'm gonna "overreact" some more and tell her to sit the heck down and do something useful this game besides quoting a bunch of posts and making useless fluffy comments in response. THANKS.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Yeti, how would you characterize the difference between your reaction to pressure as town and as scum?

20. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I feel like Jan or .113 said I seemed different from last game and I still don't get how but what makes you think my perspective isn't the same?

I don't feel like I'm in a priest puddle this game after 3/4 of the other villagers claimed D1 maybe?
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is a good question cause the only scum NOC game I have within like 4 years is a Popcorn. In OCs I probably idle more when I get PMed and don't have fake news ready to give to the village leader?

Iunno I spit acid at people when they failread me when I'm town especially when I don't understand wtf they're scum reading me for or why tf they keep lying about me/ignoring my posts correcting them. I probably get more mad when people mischaracterize me as town and I know I'm town and can't tell if they're scum pushing a mislynch (fair) or village and just a total idiot.

IDK if this exactly replies to "pressure" cause I rarely get "pressure" on my home forum outside of a couple hooligans with really opposite meta to my own.