1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ok I think we're working off different definitions of 'saved' here. When I say saved by a claim I mean.. like a Priest claim. People aren't going to vote you unless there's a clear CC. What I didn't mean, and what I think is more your mindset, is that it's worthless. Obviously claiming a PR is going to be some points in my column. I just didn't see them as do or die points.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    My POE at SOD was you, Yeti, Cuth, SR, Dya. Of these, the only ones left I am really interested in pursuing today are SR and Cuth.

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I can help you there.

4. Zack

Zack Squib

I just want to make it clear that I was literally about to say I don't think SR is a bad lynch today, before I saw Newcomb's post.

Obviously still that after, but still, it's the principle of the thing.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wine is good for your PoE. Keep drinking!

6. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Any new people you want to look at?

7. Zack

Zack Squib

I .... did not like this post, was the main reason I was going to say that wrt SR.

If anyone disagrees, tell me why?

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

What don't you like about it?

9. Zack

Zack Squib

Newcomb posted it first.

Then I used it two times after that cus it's funny.

10. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Me?

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I... actually didn't like that post either.

More in the "that seems wrong" way than the scummy way though?

12. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

My point stands.

13. Zack

Zack Squib

Vote: Secondhand Revenant

14. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Okay so two things I notice about these Newcomb posts:

A lot of his early posts he's talking about meta or game mechanicy sort of things in isolation.

Then he makes REALLY long multiquote posts with actual responses and reads to people and I get this sense that he's doing what Yraelz spoke of doing in his WC1 - dya you played with him in that game so give me your thoughts. He's sort of making these dense posts that people can't really digest or want to read and I think he's hiding his reads in there to make it a bit more obscure to find them. He has a reads list I didn't quote but it's SUPER long.

Is this the Awaclus copypasta he mentions later or a genuine Newcomb post? Because I wanted to call it out as what must be untrue if he's the Newcomb from MU, I'd swear he'd play with SOMEONE from MU in this game.
    This and some other unquoted posts are to Miner but I'm not sure if they're also Awa copypasta or ??
    Like this threw me off so much before the next post because I was like so meta isn't relevant but you give meta on yourself anyway?
    Seems like it's really early in the game for that Scott TR? But here's the Awa c/p reveal that made me go lol wait to my above points.

Was this also part of the Awa c/p that he was going to hold back his reasons? I had some genuine Shrek vibes from being like "I don't let scum know I'm onto them until too late" and was like "welp if town we can expect dire reads" but then I think I remember Awa making a post like that?

Man I know Newcomb was joking but his entire early ISO is irrelevant cause it was all Awa memes some booty. I didn't quote his longposts to save length but again his reads/content on people are all in super dense and long posts.

Is this something consistent that Newcomb does? As town or as mafia?

Newcomb says his vote on Miner is kinda valid because Miner gave a strong TR for Awa c/p posts but then also says it could be TWTBAW.

His post about Cuth seems to be from a townie mindset - looking for meta, seeing what wolf!Cuth would do about town!Newcomb. I see a quote by Cuth that's kind of a piddly reason to TR SS and can see a little more why people would w/w Cuth/SS (though it's wrong).

This post (it's truncated) feels like a wolf who knows there's at least two village wagons that happened (or is trying to protect a partner) - including GH and Proph from his post. But he wants everyone to know he didn't support these mislynches, no sir, not him! I don't really see anywhere that Newcomb makes a genuine push for not-these-people. He voted tom and Miner but then says Miner could be not-wolf for the Awa thing.

GH posted this and Newcomb posted it and was like "yeah I hate this too" but I agree with GH that Newcomb is like the South Park Comcast technicians going "oh noooo that's just terrrrrrible" rubbing his nipples as mislynch goes off and he can highground about it.

Newcomb voted Jan around this time was Jan really a wagon in contention? I guess I need to check the VCs but riiiip how do I do this conveniently to see how many others were on Jan? Can anyone tell me if Jan like, would have been a valid alternative to GH D1? Or was this a throwaway vote and not a genuine attempt to save GH despite disliking the lynch?

Italic is a vaimes quote.

I have a hard time making sense of this quote because OTOH it seems to be SRing Koalas which makes me think they aren't w/w and Koalas is another town mislynch Newcomb was saying he doesn't liiike any of the wagons of, but on the other it also looks like it's giving Koalas a direct out to be townie? If he can pivot off arguing with GH. I feel like NOBODY has brought up this point except me and NOBODY has responded to my question about Koalas pushing GH like he did D1. Like where tf is the interest in this? Where's the pressure? Newcomb himself doesn't really interact much with Koalas strolling away from GH's hanging body whistling like he had nothing to do with it.

Newcomb's one interaction with me is shading me for calling out .113 for not delivering a reads list and defending .113 slightly. Poooooossible w/w there between them?

Newcomb also pays a lot of attention to wei re: .113 and at first calls them w/w then changes that up in the same post? I don't know what to make of that, why bother with the w/w start if you're just gonna change that read but are a wolf yourself? Unless you want to defend .113 by building a better defense case of him.

Lawdy Newcomb's posts are so long (irony: this post about Newcomb is long). I don't really get a townie vibe from them. I see a guy who buries his reads in very lengthy posts that are hard to digest and did the shady af scum tactic of Accurately calling wagons as bad but doing very little to dissuade people from those wagons. Maybe Newcomb was very accurate in his D1 reads as a villager but it feels kinda TMI to me that he just sort of let the wagons happen around him while saying "these are bad oh well."

15. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Is that so?

16. Zack

Zack Squib

Kind of hard to put into words exactly. It's attacking him over something I don't think is that important? And in kind of a softer way than I'd expect a villager to do it, if they really believed they'd picked up on something? And it just ties into how I've been giving SR too much slack and it seems like something he'd say as Steve in the hydra game. Is that so? Interesting.

17. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Jan had no votes iirc, Newc was the only.

18. Zack

Zack Squib

The way he progresses on GH and that wagon is one of the main hang-ups I had with Newcomb, yeah.

Pretty sure the walls is just playstyle though.

19. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Yraelz in wc1 was really, really annoying to me, yeti. I did read all his posts and none made real sense. I need to read Newcomb for myself to see if I think this is similar.

20. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I felt the same about him in Finals but that's cause he was making a push for my mislynch so I can't blame him too much lol