1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This seems...vaguely problematic.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If this is an answer to me, that's helpful but not really since I'm only 20% sure I know what I'm looking at. I was hoping for more of your own words.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm gonna just.. sleep on that and wait for Vira to come back?

I'm not really sure what Fable is doing with his running commentary of stuff like VCA and trying to make sense into the NK's when the results he's coming up with are "the NK's were just consensus villagers so nothing there", and the VCA kinda just turned into a fonti v. Fable "Hey look guys what if all the scum's on Kalas's wagon."

Wrt the Kalas wagon, btw, there were 7 people on Kalas's wagon (IIRC) before consolidation. Are you saying that 6/7 were scum?

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Should I...not talk about this?

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I think if Vira were town here her reaction towards me posting the case on her would have been more instantaneous, she'd have said something about it being wrong/stupid and then stated some reads/thoughts while addressing sections of it. I think her taking forever to type up a big response while constantly checking the thread and keeping up to date is something that makes significantly more sense as mafia in that it allows her to adjust her position and response depending on how the thread treats the case on her.

I also think there'd be....some off the cuff read attached towards it being posted re; her thoughts on my alignment or any reads she was holding back, nothing like that seemed to be the case and her falling back on the "I've not had time!" "I've just been trying to keep up!" type excuse is highly typical of mafia. I'm not scum reading her for not being here enough, my scum read on her is that outside of her reads post where she listed almost everyone as some form of town you couldn't tell what a single one of her town reads was other than Fonti. None of her other posts suggestions / points towards her town reading a player and the players she's focused on scum reading have been the consensus players where her reasoning specifically on them have come across as shady.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I doubt that mafia have multiple night kills, I also doubt if they did they'd use them N2 and on Jan/Tom? That said I don't have a better explanation on how there was 3 night kills last night and I'm not sure how much of a good idea it being a big point of discussion is since it may potentially be outing or giving mafia information to determine PR's from.

5. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Is Fable's avatar grabbing her own leg or what is going on there I thought it was a cat at first but ?

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Miner
    Starting here, because I think this one is easier.

The logical bits, and their agressive and inquisitive parts, are, I think, damn strong for Miner:
    Defending Scott and pushing .113 here, plus not really push yeavoxx are actually pretty good from him, as it shows him being willing to step back and try to figure out alignments instead of jumping on something.

The tom read was acknowledged by tom to be really good, and it turned out to be correct. This also came while Miner was being criticized for a too easy town read on Newcomb, so I don't think this is the time scum!Miner fakes a town read.

The frustration with the copy paste stuff feels genuine and I actually am ok with his thought process about Newcomb. His scope of reads and questions are fairly broad, which I like.
    He's not trying to take credit for getting the Vaimes!town read or doubtcast it, he's genuinely trying to figure Vaimes out. Note that he does basically clear Vaimes later, after Jan, Newcomb and I come out to defend him.
    Genuine belief that Kalas is scum, some broadness in reads despite that conviction so he's not just using a tunnel to avoid the game.

There are some bits that tonally seem too strong for him to keep up:
    Stopping here. @Regfan or anyone can let me know if they're not wholly convinced. I don't think scum miner is capable of keeping up this level of analysis, tonal purity, conviction tempered by the lessons he's learned about tunneling, and freedom of pushes. He is tied for my top town read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Go ahead.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Fair enough, and I won't push it, but with a large scumteam and multiple kills a night, we could be precariously close to lylo.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I agree with all of this. Still think it's prudent to wait for Vira to get back and try not to overwhelm her on the off chance she is town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fable, do you have any thoughts on dya?

9. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

I snap-liked Reg's entry, liked his reads jibing well with mine. Good look to start, actually prolly raising him a bit in floating mental estimation from Zack.

The way Vira jumped on my readslist, and the way she poked me for pop-ins pinged me off a little. The former felt like shading (and for something she got sussed for, to boot) over actually like, caring what the reads were? And the latter, I can see why say, you'd poke me there--with you I get the feel that you're actually anxious and eager to figure me out, with Vira it feels more shady, no seeming interest in solving behind it. Gonna iso there in a bit.

First, before it gets buried in posts, there's something I really wanna talk about...

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Man.

I really, really want to townread Fonti.

Hyped for some Tsaiah posting!

11. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Hi, yes, I'd really like input here before these get lost again.

To the second part: did noone else see something they thought was towny from SR, during the approach to eod?

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Oh yeah I forgot to respond to this.

I...actually kind of thought his EOD was towny. Like, I read it looking for him to be scum and came away with the feeling that he wasn't, which I still can't really articulate. Then I decided he needed to die regardless, so, shrug.

I don't super get the SS vote progression stuff myself (I tuned out...a lot...of D1 so this isn't surprising).

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I “caught” him in JPM by him incidentally pushing my wagon D1, but all the while committing to someone else as the actual lynch. But considering my reads were abysmal that game and I got mislynched D1, eh not sure how representative that game is. Maybe either Vaimes or Newcomb or other people in that game could weigh in. Also he brought this up postgame so he’s probably aware of that meta?

Otherwise I literally default to town reads of him because I always town read his effort.

(Small aside, activity will probably drop for this Day and maybe the start of the next, have an important test to study for. Should be ok to keep playing but I’ll ask for a replacement if it turns out I’m really not keeping up)

14. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

@ Stan

If you looked back thru, do you think you could get a firmer grasp on what it was?

I'm getting together the whole sequence that did it for me, but...I kinda wanna know if other people at least felt it, with maybe a hint of why, before I spell it out. Bc it gave me not wanting to vote there vibes so bad, I can't help but wonder why it didn't seem to for other people...did it just get lost in the shuffle, or was it being maybe purposefully ignored?

And I kiiinda have an idea why you'd vote there anyway, but I'd still like to hear it (maybe after other people respond first tho).

15. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Gonna need to take stock again I think. But I’m up way too early on a weekend at the moment, so I’m gonna go back to bed and work it out in the morning/afternoon.

16. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Regardless of Vira's alignment or whatever, this is a bad post and I don't condone ~anything it says. Not wolfy, just that's not a good way to play werewolf for anyone, and I'd appreciate it if we could stay away from the accusing people of faking strong emotion kaboodle.

17. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

@ Yeti

I'd like your thoughts here too, bc I know you were paying attention during part of that.

18. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Not a huge fan of this post.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    - vague sense he's still interested in solving? (post to you re: 113, post to Vaimes)
    - but no sense at urgency or of his imminent death (this goes both ways, though)
    - probably the main thing that pinged good: his post re: Koalas claiming, god knows why
    - the post about "lynch someone at least" even though it feels like stereotypical wolf thing to say?

I literally have no idea, but IMO Koalas's EOD was way townier (to the point where I kind of have the same feelings as you but on his wagon).

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Don't think there's a better explanation, tom/jan were in the upper echelon of pretty much everyone's townreads.

Unless we have a hero vig.